It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone going to the Ozarks this year?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanGI5
If ticks crawl up to my crotch and bite my balls, I'll find a way to deal with it.
Why try to prevent/deny/hide from something that may be inevitable?

But at the same time, why worry about all the $#!T that doesn't even matter? mortgage, money, loans, jobs, government... what the hell is all that? I feel like I'm having some sort of existential crisis here or something...

Dipping Out

I'm telling you... I've been there done that... 4 years ago.

Bring duct tape; its the way to deal with it. It makes you appreciate industry. Seed ticks in your crevices are not inevitable I promise.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have known for a long time that the ozarks was a safe zone that I needed to be in to survive a coming event that will reshape parts of the planet. You can call me crazy but it does no harm to live in the right place. I have been here for some time now and plan to remain here.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Could you spare any advice to those thinking about joining you?

Hows life been since you moved?

What were the toughest obstacles?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I currently live in Arkansas and have lived here since 1972. While the Ozarks are just north of my current position, what I want to add to this threads discussion is the fact that the "NAFTA corridor" or super highway was designed and was being built on the most geologically stable area of the Continental USA.

This fact should mean something important to those concerned with where to go, but I would also say that being on stable geological land does not protect someone from massive 2,000 foot tsunamis that could wash across the nation when the pole shifts.

While the Ozarks is preferred to anywhere near the coastlines, the Ozarks can become duly effected by a giant tsunami of the kind a pole shift would create, so even the Ozarks is not completely safe from all the dangers anticipated. It is just a good option over the other places people might seek to flee to.

Do some research into this NAFTA corridor and you will find that I am telling the truth about its geologically stable condition.

I mention this small fact because when I offer to advise others about coming to the Ozarks or elsewhere, I always make a point to mention that by looking at a map of the NAFTA corridor from Mexico to Canada, you will find that the super highway was being built on the most stable region of the Continental USA and would as a result not be subject to the New Madrid Fault Zone earthquakes or the flooding that will inundate that area.

In the western portion of the USA, Yellowstone and the fault zones that California rests on will be effected as most of the central plains should Yellowstone erupt into the problem some envision.

Take a look for yourself and with regards to the Ozarks, I would say that anyone who thinks that when the SHTF that going to the Ozarks is going to be a solution has just not understood the totality of what is going on and how such disaster politics is seeking to ensure that no one is allowed to travel freely or go where they feel it would be safest.

To do the Ozarks right, you should have already be making payments on some piece of land in the mountains because if you think that you are going to show up and be received with open arms by the locals is a delusion that should immediately be removed from your mind.

Ozark types are clannish and to expect them to receive you as the refugee is not going to happen in the way you think it should, because of course you will be considered an outsider and will not have the trust of locals that will use that familiarity to deal with those already in the Ozarks.

I am in no way saying that people should not seek protection from what comes our way, I just suggest that anyone wanting to make the Ozarks a safe haven immediately purchase or begin making payments on some land or get with someone already in the Ozarks and being making yourself known to those that will in time man the security check points leading to such safe havens with people that took the warning signs seriously.

Only by doing so will the locals accept you as belonging and give you the respect that you belong there instead of being considered an outsider that could be a federal infiltrator attempting to acquire intelligence on those who have been preparing for the worst for months while others scoffed and continued to drink their beer and watch Jerry Springer like nothing mattered except selfish interests and meaningless pursuits.

Just don't wait till the end to begin your homework. Begin today to prepare for going to the Ozarks and the further west of the New Madrid Fault Zone that you can get means the western portion of the Ozarks is more preferable than the portion closest to the fault zone and the current flooding concerns.

Dont wait till the last minute. Begin today. Google Internet real estate in the Ozarks and you will find plenty of undeveloped land that can be had for a decent price. Do some map study of the existing roads, rivers and lakes and I am certain that in time, you can find a suitable spot where you can then begin taking your possessions and what will help you survive while being in the Ozarks.

Waiting till the last minute to drag your food and survival gear to the Ozarks will ensure that someone robs you and takes it away from you when you can least afford it. That robbery will most likely happen close to where you already live because in an emergency you have to run a gauntlet from where you live to your final destination and something tells me that if you wait till the last minute, it will be too late and will only contribute to further problems at a time when we will already have enough problems to contend with.

Survival is a personal matter, but consider what I have provided, do some study, and research while you still can the areas that you might need to flee to because to wait to when its chaos and anarchy will entangle you in the drama of having to avoid all those that did absolutely nothing to prepare and will no doubt resort to violence to take what they feel will keep them alive.

Begin today and remember the NAFTA corridor as being the most geologically stable area in the USA. Such information I feel will help anyone in advance determine where they should go when the SHTF.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Thanks for the detailed post, I will definitely look into the things you mentioned. Also makes perfect sense for them to build the super highway on the most geologically stable region of North America. Good luck to you bro.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join