It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 8th Declared UFO World Disclosure Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

July 8th Declared UFO World Disclosure Day

www.examiner.com

Washington, DC - On July 8, 1947 General Roger Ramey held a press event at the 8th Army Air Force Headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas in which he changed an earlier press release announcing a recovered crashed disk near Roswell, New Mexico to that of a retrieved Rawin weather balloon. This was the informal beginning of the now 64-year truth embargo regarding an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race. Five years after Roswell in July of 1952...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.examiner.com

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I personally feel I do not need validation from our corrupt government about aliens and UFOs. But maybe if anything this will bring more attention to the subject just like the recent Flying Saucer Day of last month. I feel our government is never going to come forward about anything and if they did ever it would be only to use the scenario to their advantage to control the population or to make aliens the new terrorists to usurp power and fear over everyone as the usual routine goes. As for Disclosure I will believe it when I see it. If anyone has had experiences for themselves of the UFO sort they would know we do not need big brother confirm anything for us.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
But it's really not gonna be a UFO Disclosure date today.

See for yourself.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ReverendPritchett

I'm ready.... I'm ready... I'm ready... I'm ready!!!!!

Now what???

Should I sit and wait by my computer to see if the whole world is panicing yet?

I won't be holding my breath!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

The point of the article is not that disclosure will happen on July 8th but rather July 8th is being proposed as a global co-ordinated protest day in support of disclosure.

In my opinion its redundant as Disclosure has already occurred in the only form its going to from world governments. Governments world wide have released their files in a big show of 'see we don't know anything more than you do' to the public.

If you are trusting soul this is all reassuring that nothing is going on. If you are cynical you could surmise this is so the small groups that do know can act surprised and remain politically defensible should alien life disclose itself :-)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I really hate to be some what of a troll.. but this thread is pointless. I read the article, and the source is not a very good source for one. Also, just because 60 some years ago our government decided to lie to us (that is of course if aliens species ARE in fact visiting us) today should be disclosure day.. please don't hold your breath. Lastly, as I've said in numerous threads like this disclosure WILL NOT HAPPEN.. plain and simple it WILL NOT HAPPEN. Please stop living pipe dreams guys. ATS keeps posting threads about how corrupt our government is, NWO this and illuminati that and people actually believe our government is going to do something nice for once? comon.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I just noticed that they are tlaking about today. Do you think we will learn if there really was a UFO conncetion to the wacco story?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by redzareptile

The point of the article is not that disclosure will happen on July 8th but rather July 8th is being proposed as a global co-ordinated protest day in support of disclosure.

In my opinion its redundant as Disclosure has already occurred in the only form its going to from world governments. Governments world wide have released their files in a big show of 'see we don't know anything more than you do' to the public.

If you are trusting soul this is all reassuring that nothing is going on. If you are cynical you could surmise this is so the small groups that do know can act surprised and remain politically defensible should alien life disclose itself :-)

I don't view official disclosure as redundant in the least. First of all it would prove just how phoney most world religions are and second it would unite us against a common cause, instead of one religious group fighting another religious group.

Second it helps to know where all this sudden leap in techonology has been coming from the last 50-80 years, especially in regards to electronics and robotics. We have iphones capable of internet connections and small ipads that are almost as powerful as the mainframes of twenty years ago. I am not naive enough to believe we invented everything ourselves.

Third it makes for lousy confidence in our elected officials if they are not man enough to admit we are being visited and/or controlled by an extra-terrestrial presence. Someone/something is controlling them in a very negative manner and its becoming more apparent each and every year. Capitalism has its flaws, like communism, but no way in hell can everything be attributed to greed and negligence.

I could go on with more points if I wanted to, but frankly I don't want to depress myself over the summer beating a dead horse to oblivion. The lousy economy(depression) is bad enough!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You mis-interpreted me. To be fair, it wasn't my most eloquent post....

I didn't mean to say disclosure would be redundant. I meant that a day of protest calling for it would be redundant. On the basis that you've already had all the disclosure you are going to get until aliens force the issue themselves.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You mis-interpreted me. To be fair, it wasn't my most eloquent post....

I didn't mean to say disclosure would be redundant. I meant that a day of protest calling for it would be redundant. On the basis that you've already had all the disclosure you are going to get until aliens force the issue themselves.

Do you work for the government? What does "the aliens forcing the issue" have to do with governments(especially the american government) coming clean about what transpired the last 100 years?

Either government works for the people or it works for someone else.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

No, but i've been here a while and nobody has suggested it until now so I should probably consider that a badge of honour :-)

I believe i'm just being realistic. If the government has been suppressing knowledge of UFOs for more than 5 decades its not going to change its mind because of a UFO fans 'Disclosure Day'. It will take some fundamental change in the situation and the calculations of risk/loss being made by those already in the know.

I'd be quite happy to be proved wrong, but i doubt I will.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

No, but i've been here a while and nobody has suggested it until now so I should probably consider that a badge of honour :-)

I believe i'm just being realistic. If the government has been suppressing knowledge of UFOs for more than 5 decades its not going to change its mind because of a UFO fans 'Disclosure Day'. It will take some fundamental change in the situation and the calculations of risk/loss being made by those already in the know.

I'd be quite happy to be proved wrong, but i doubt I will.

Sorry. I was not trying to be offensive. I just don't understand why people jump to conclusions based on speculation of best and worst case scenarios. Your logic certainly has merit, but unless people take a keen interest in the topic, then most governments will continue to deny and ignore.

UFO Day helps bring awareness to the masses who otherwise may remain uniformed.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ReverendPritchett

But but disclosure allready happened
We are in the residual effects mode now..
edit on 7/8/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join