It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE VIDEO Manhunt for killer of 7 in Michigan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - Police are in the process of chasing Rodric Dantzler, who was tracked to an area in Alpine Township and then merged onto U.S. 131. Witnesses said a civilian was shot in the area of Fulton and Division, as well. We'll continue to follow this story, check back for updates. Here's an earlier report:

At least seven people were killed -- three at a home on Plainfield Avenue and four more at a Brynell Court home -- on Grand Rapids' northeast side on Thursday, police confirmed as they try to track down the suspect responsible.

Live Footage of Manhunt

Live Police Scanner from area

This is just awful. A man is suspected of killing 7 people, one of which a 10 yo child. It was just indicated that he may have hostages at this time. Just wanted to share and warn any members in the area to lock those doors!

The most sickening part of this story for me is that the man was released from jail fairly recently. Always seems to happen that way. I wonder if they even gave him a mental evaluation. Perhaps we need to start doing that with all violent offenders.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Rodric Shonte Dantzler, 34, is 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds and may be driving a tan, four-door Lincoln Town Car with aftermarket rims and Michigan license plate BWK-2308.

He may have longer hair, perhaps even in dreadlocks.

He has a lengthy criminal record:

1992 -- breaking and entering an occupied dwelling; felony stolen vehicle
1997 -- domestic violence; malicious destruction of property (guilty plea to both)
2000 -- felony assault (guilty plea)
2010 -- misdemeanor assault (guilty plea)

Just awesome. This is why we need three strikes laws in my opinion. What a worthless human being.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This is a sad story Grand Rapids is getting a little crazy it seems. I just moved from the area near where this happened and I'm thinking it was a good decision.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

By crazy do you mean with the current police presence or crime? I'm just glad you're safe right now. It sounds like there may be a hostage. What's the area there like?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

All of US is getting a little crazy...I wonder what triggered this rampage? 5 women 1 man 1 child...That sucks. Seems like his charges weren't that tough. Perhaps its the prison system that has failed here?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Crime, lots of shootings this year and they all seem to be done by teens/young adults. Personally I like Grand Rapids but with they way they economy is going I decided to move to a more rural area of the state.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

I certainly would agree that the prison system failed. Looking at his past he should still be in jail. IMO he should have been locked up for life after his third violent offence. It's sounding like this piece of filth shot at least two other people and was firing at many more.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Huh don't know much about the area personally. Sounds like you made a good decision in getting out. It seems when a place starts going to hell it doesnt stop until the place burns down.

I can't believe he killed his wife and kid. Sick f***

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I live in grand rapids been following this since it started.. Police scanner said they have him in custody but news isn't saying that yet. Crazy stuff..

Deebo

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Huh don't know much about the area personally. Sounds like you made a good decision in getting out. It seems when a place starts going to hell it doesnt stop until the place burns down.

I can't believe he killed his wife and kid. Sick f***

Born, raised and lived here most of my life. The area is fine, its mostly middle class. He is holed up in a house right now, surrounded by SWAT with hostages. The reason he is even that particular area is a police chase, he crashed into a ditch on the Interstate and fled to the nearby neighborhood.

As an overall, IMO the judicial system is slightly corrupt, but its overall a safe place to live.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
I live in grand rapids been following this since it started.. Police scanner said they have him in custody but news isn't saying that yet. Crazy stuff..

Deebo

He's not in custody yet. Surrounded by SWAT in a random house with hostagesand they are talking to him on the phone.

Theyre getting ready to EVAC right now police scanner said.

Are you listening to the State police channel, or Kent County?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

We don't need three strikes laws. We need homeowners delivering double taps for his first B & E of an occupied dwelling.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Im all for the double taps but I think 3 strikes laws are an excellent idea as well. This piece of # would be sitting behind bars instead of murdering and taking hostages. Double taps require too much of the general populace i.e. not being candy asses.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This soulless creep just threatened to kill a hostage if he wasnt delivered cigarettes and Gatorade within 3 minutes.

It was there within 2 minutes.

Now why cant the cops always move so swiftly?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It is very difficult to keep up with what is going on via scanner. The entire situation is heart wrenching in the sense that the people that he has taken hostage do not even know this person ( I am assuming), What keeps the rest of "us" in check? Is it lack of impulse control that makes people commit such horrible crimes or are the criminals all mentally ill?
edit on 7-7-2011 by TNMockingbird because: Too much information

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TNMockingbird

Can you post link to scanner or are you using one near there? f not I'll try to find one online. Just a little preoccupied at the moment,

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Not sure how to post a link (technologically challenged!) but, I am on scanamerica. I'm an addict!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TNMockingbird

Ah that helped actually.

Live Police Scanner

Update looks like he has at least a pistol (w/ extended magazine) and was seen snorting some substance.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Update

Looks like the cops are in and trying to make contact with the hostages. Seems the guy is hiding upstairs in the house.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Just told the cops to back off or they were going to get shot.

S1 (suspect) asking for some cop he worked out with at the gym.

No word yet on the hostages.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join