It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Food Companies That Serve You Wood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Animal fats also contain cholesterol that you will not get from vegetable oils or fats. Its not that one sided.

Yes, and it is good cholesterol. You would be wise to do some research on Dr. Weston A. Price and learn a few things about animal fats. It wasn't until the 1930's that we started using vegetable oils. We went from 3,000 deaths from CHD to over 500,000 after vegetable oil was introduced. I don't eat it. Lard and tallow for me! And yes, I have low cholesterol 114/74.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Partygirl

You may wonder...why not most restaurants....? Because of the sodium they add to their food.

Hey party girl, what do you mean the sodium? NaCl is just table salt, do you mean too much salt?

Hi...I am the one that said this...and yes too much salt in the cooking process.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Animal fats also contain cholesterol that you will not get from vegetable oils or fats. Its not that one sided.

Yes, and it is good cholesterol. You would be wise to do some research on Dr. Weston A. Price and learn a few things about animal fats. It wasn't until the 1930's that we started using vegetable oils. We went from 3,000 deaths from CHD to over 500,000 after vegetable oil was introduced. I don't eat it. Lard and tallow for me! And yes, I have low cholesterol 114/74.

Oh i agree! We need some cholesterol in our diets or we would never produce our hormones. Reguardless, you cannot make a blanket statement that all vegetable oils are bad and all animal fats are good. It simply is not the case.

Most North Americans, especially those who lack fish in their diets could stand to add some flax seed oil. It is very high in omega 3's and does not seem to have any negatives. There ARE good vegetable oils.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Tree huggers included myself will
not be happy about this.

Gnawing on a branch might be
better than some of the foods
we get these days.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

yes, I agree there are good ones, like hempseed oil and coconut oil as well, depending on how they are processed/used. Oils like canola, soy oil, corn oil are very bad for us and nutritionists are starting to realize this.

new light on animal fats
edit on 7-7-2011 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
well, the best thing to do is grow yer own garden, buy only fruits and vegies or eat meats that arnt processed.
these are the guidelines i live by.
Also many companies have paid big $ to call things "all natural" when in fact it is still all processed.
there is no wood in MY diet.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It doesn't matter.
We all have been eating Cinnamon , wich is the inner bark of a tree.
Love it..

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
disgusting but probably not the worst of whats in processed food now.

imo the problem could benefit from laws that dont allow products to be called what they are not. eg lemonade is water, lemon, and sugar there are no other ingrediants. example i once bought a "lemonade" (minute maid i think) and one of many ingrediants was esther of wood rosin??? corn syrup no sugar and no lemon? not lemonade.real simulated lemonade anyone? chemicals in the form of a lemonadeish "style" drink?

mono sodium glutimate is listed as a food enhancer but what it does is make stale food taste less stale. and i bet its not an ingredient in any real cookbooks. there are many examples but the point is the better profits thru chemistry mentality that take no consideration for health effects especially long term. is idiocracy come true(its got electrolites)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
How many of you know that prior to WWII vegetable oils were the base for paints? That's right folks flaxseed aka linseed oil, soy oil, canola oil were all used in paints and plastics. After the war, petroleum based oils were becoming more popular, so the vegetable oil industry set about producing the biggest hoax ever imposed on the public, and has successfully done so for the last 70 years!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I might as well go to B&Q for my food.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by Arbitrageur

There are different types of cellulose. Wood pulp is not digestible, so that tells me that it should not be eaten. Marbles are not digestible either so would you eat them as well?

The facts disagree with you:

--Cellulose is the structural component in the cell walls of green plants. It’s what makes plants rigid, and it takes the same form in celery that it does in cedar.--

----------------

--Nutritionists say the insoluble fiber in cellulose is no different from those found in vegetables, and offers the same health benefits.

"Cellulose is cellulose," regardless of if whether it comes from wood pulp or celery, says Michael Jacobson, executive director of the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a group that advocates healthier, more nutritious food. He says no research points to health problems related to consuming cellulose.--

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You know when you buy a milkshake you are getting more cellulose than cream these days.
It has been going on for decades now...Its no secret.
Imagine how many tons of industrial waste sodium flouride they have fed you int the water by now.
The trick of getting people to eat waste and call it food and good for you, is not a new one.
Its just long past time to put a stop to it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by guessing

While we are at it, let's ban dihydrogen monoxide as well. Yes?

Yes please ban dihydrogen monoxide, it sounds awful. You can leave all the dihyrogen oxide though.

--Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol. --

Link

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How could anyone think shedded wheat & Bran stick aren't wood?
Chipboard & milk mmmmmmmmm
edit on 7-7-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Well I'm happy to read that all of the things listed are the foods I stopped eating. Its all bad! organic organic organic! I knew I just read that word on something I just bought and it was my vitamins!...it says cellulose (plant origin) glad I only planned on taking one bottle of them. But this is better then the thread I read about food that had human waste or something in it. I'm tired of wondering whats in my food!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Its better than human hair from China, also known as L-Cystine.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Cellulose isn't wood. it's leaves. And to be honest, it's just not digestible. Body just poots it out. That's why when you eat corn, the corn skin comes out the other end.

Wood is 40%-50% cellulose. Leaves are the most of it.

It's basically cell wall.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Woods' health effects are debatable, but if this isn't the green light for you to start taking YOUR food into YOUR own hands, I don't see what will be. I'm not against fiber, I understand it is vital to the body, but I for one am tired of big corporations adding fillers to my food, who knows what else they are adding and just keeping off the ingredients list?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by calstorm
I just learned about this not long before I went 100% organic, grass fed and organic fed meat and dairy and switched to raw milk and dairy..

A lot of that organic stuff has cellulose (called wood in this article). Good job!

I had cheese in my fridge where this was one of the main ingredients. Why would wood be in cheese. I wish they would just leave our food alone.

Cellulose powder is included as an anti-caking agent in packaged cheese. Cellulose powder prevents cheese from clumping because of its fibrous quality and non water-absorbency, effectively waterproofing the cheese.

Deny ignorance.

Brother, I work for a cheese factory and we never used cellulose. I am not saying you are lying, I would like to have more info about what you said, maybe some links if you don't mind. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
gonna start saving my poops and compressing them, start my own lumber shop.

seriously, our foods are now more filler then actual food. first they started subbing in soy based ingredients, then fructose, and now this. can anyone here thats been on this earth at least 20 years, honestly say that your favorite foods taste the same now as they did back then??
edit on 7-7-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join