It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Catches Toddler Who Fell 10 Storeys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A good news story about the lucky one that luckily didn't get away.

That has to be the catch of the day.

Hope the little one pulls through.

www.news.com.au...

A TODDLER is in critical condition in east China after surviving a 10-storey fall by being caught by a passing woman, state media reports.

Media reports say the two-year-old girl Niu Niu was left unattended in the family's 10th floor apartment outside Hangzhou city when her grandmother went to run an errand.

The reports say passer-by Wu Juping saw the toddler hanging from the window and then ran over when she saw Niu Niu fall.

The reports say 31-year-old Wu broke her arm catching the child, who is hospitalised with internal bleeding and other injuries.

edit on 3-7-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

God damn maybe the Chinese can really do that stuff they do in the movies then. I knew it, they've been hiding superpowers all along!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That is simply amazing!!!!! To think that someone was actually looking up at just the right time and then to act on what they saw unfolding. This lady was definitely at the right place at the right time!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Who the hell leaves a toddler alone in a house??????

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wow, that was some catch. My math isn't up to the task but a 2 year old would weigh enough that the energy built up after a fall of 10 stories would be considerable. That's one lucky kid.

I knew someone who caught a guy falling off a 2 story building on a construction site.
The guy who fell walked away.
The guy who caught him broke his back.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
WE all play a role in the universe, she fulfilled one of hers.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
its amazing they both weren't killed....

but DAMN!! thats crazy!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Granny should be flung out!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Let us realize what a ten story building looks like.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73c51db96baf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thank god that woman was walking by when she did.

Not everyone would have the moral fortitude to risk themselves to safe another's life. Lucky for this little tyke, the right person was there at the right time.

Now the only thing left to question is: why the eff was the child left alone near an unlocked window in a 10th floor apartment?!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
an amazing story.

but what if the Butterfly Effect
was altered with this event.

What if this kid survives and grows
up to be the next Ghangis Kahn and
murders millions ???

this hero altered the future.
for better or worse

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

In the US do you call the bottom floor[street level] the first floor because in Oz we call that the ground floor then first, second etc.

I have used a lift where the voice recording was with an American accent & it called the ground floor the plaza level.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by dadgad

In the US do you call the bottom floor[street level] the first floor because in Oz we call that the ground floor then first, second etc.

I have used a lift where the voice recording was with an American accent & it called the ground floor the plaza level.

But this happened in China, didn't it?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Update

"a scan showed no damage to Niu Niu's brain but that the girl's abdomen was swollen in a sign of possible injury to organs"

news.yahoo.com...

BEIJING (AP) — A two-year-old Chinese girl left unattended fell 10 stories from her family's apartment window and survived after being caught by a woman passing by, state media reported Sunday.

The toddler was in critical condition Sunday with internal bleeding and other unspecified injuries while the woman who saved her suffered a broken arm, China Central Television and the Xinhua News Agency said.

The girl, named Zhang Fangyu but known by the nickname Niu Niu, was in the care of her grandmother Saturday afternoon when the older woman left the 10th-floor apartment outside the eastern city of Hangzhou to run an errand, CCTV said.

Neighbors saw Niu Niu dangling from the apartment window for several minutes, Xinhua said, and when the girl fell, Wu Juping "kicked off her high-heeled shoes" and ran to catch the child.

"It was so urgent. I saw her when she was about to fall and rushed there, and after tens of seconds she fell off," CCTV quoted Wu as saying.

A 31-year-old mother, Wu told CCTV that when she saw the hanging girl she thought of her own seven-month-old son who had once fallen from a high chair and cut his mouth: "I thought to myself 'I should stretch my arms to her. Because I am right here, I must get her.' Then I made it. I caught her in my arms."

The impact knocked Wu out and sent her crumbling to the ground along with breaking her left arm, the reports said.

CCTV quoted an unidentified doctor at the Children's Hospital of Zhejiang Hospital as saying that a scan showed no damage to Niu Niu's brain but that the girl's abdomen was swollen in a sign of possible injury to organs.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Yes it was in China. I was curious because what we in Oz would call in the tenth floor would be the eleventh in some countries.

We count our floors ground,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

In some countries they count the ground as 1. So under that our tenth would be the US 11th. Just wondering cause picture could have levels counted different ways.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I am in California. Some places call it the ground floor, others the first floor. I guess is all depends on peoples preference.

I have heard that its not uncommon to leave young children alone in China. Having never lived there I can't say for sure, but I have read stories about how parents are forced to leave their toddlers at home while they go to work, or starve. I have read other stories, similar to this where bad things have happened while kids were left alone in China.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

The Chinese obviously.....

That and Meth Head Americans...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

With the work situation being like that it is a very sad & dangerous way of life for children & parents.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Horribly so. I feel for anyone who would be forced to make that decision. No one should be forced to put their child's welfare at risk so that they could feed that child. However the grandmother in this story only left the child so she could run errands, which I can't understand.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

those fancy tiger moms

top topics

<<   2 >>

join