It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at the nuclear plant in France ..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The transformer was at outsitde of nuclear facility. There was no risk of worse situation and incendy has been mastered.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
power plants suddenly all over the world exploding, anyone else think its done intentionally to maybe have nuclear power banned for good?

YES...

there are still some people ...obviously hidden for their own protection that work for the people...

They are few and far between but they have one goal in mind and that is to free us once again from too many restrictions on being free beings.

Life could be better...they see that and have been trying to help us for centuries..

No proof but too much info from past 10 years points to it....

People forgot the easiest thing we learn as a child......How to connect the dots.....that is the solution which will lead us to the answer.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

I was going to say the same thing! I wonder if there's ever been this many "plant accidents" , within a couple months from eachother?

I agree with you though... Has to be intentional (there are no coincidences)...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

power plants suddenly all over the world exploding, anyone else think its done intentionally to maybe have nuclear power banned for good?

Problem is that it has been happening pretty often since the 50's.

In any nation using the technology, Switzerland even had a meltdown once. They basically sealed the cavern off and to my knowledge no one has gone back in to check it since. Maybe they did and it's not public information?

However the point is, hundreds of accidents have happened in all shapes and sizes but sadly the media rarely covers it in any way, usually because they don't even know about it either.

Perhaps with the Information Age going in full swing now, this is why we are starting to find out about many of the minor and mid range accidents that permeate the field of nuclear technology?

Did you know a power plant in the US had a incident report just a few weeks ago because tons of Clams infested one of their water cooling pipes? They cleaned it out and it's working fine. But hey- anything can happen.
edit on 3-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaintedVisions
reply to post by camouflaged

I was going to say the same thing! I wonder if there's ever been this many "plant accidents" , within a couple months from eachother?

I agree with you though... Has to be intentional (there are no coincidences)...

Do you have any idea how many accidents have happened?

I don't.

I have a strong feeling that most reports are watered down, and that there are even many more cases which have never been exposed to the light yet.

It is easy to cover up something like this for the most part, especially since we have so little data or equipment to work with in the first place.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
The transformer was at outsitde of nuclear facility. There was no risk of worse situation and incendy has been mastered.

It does not matter what the location of the transformer is.

If the cooling system loses power, the cores will heat up. This will lead to melt if cooling power is not restored within a reasonable amount of time.

This is why it is a critically dangerous situation when a cooling system is compromised at a nuclear power plant.

Make no mistake about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Someone needs to start a thread about all these nuclear power plant accidents, floods, fires etc as so far 2011 has seen far too many to be just a normal occurance. Im starting to worry .....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I thought about that, there would be only one reason; to make the world even more dependent on oil.
Also, it would sure depopulate a lot of cities, create unrest etc.
If there really is such a plan in action, then we really are being controlled by phsychopaths.
I would have thought they might blow up a reactor & blame it on Al Quaida, that story has already gone around the MSM soon after Fukishama went up, (the terrorist threat angle, at least).
I'm still waiting to see if they will go that far.........
I don't think these were done on purpose, Fukishama was an accident waiting to happen, just like the quake etc

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Why worry about nuclear war...all they have to do is cripple a bunch of nuclear reactors and we are all screwed. Seems rather strange that only in the past few months is when all these nuclear plants have some sort of catastrophe, or narrowly diverted catastophe. And at the very least, is only covered in msm as of late. Just speculation, but it does seem wierd.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Umm?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0sp3r0

L'incendie a été maîtrisé en moins d'une heure par les pompiers.

Transl > The fire was controlled in less than an hour by firemen.

- Why just post the sensasionalist part ?

For flags and stars. Good thing people can unflag now.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by LaTouffe

It does not matter what the location of the transformer is.

If the cooling system loses power, the cores will heat up. This will lead to melt if cooling power is not restored within a reasonable amount of time.

This is why it is a critically dangerous situation when a cooling system is compromised at a nuclear power plant.

Make no mistake about it.

Great, now terrorists all over the world know if they want to mess with nuclear plants, just blow the transformer. Honestly, don't you think that would be too easy?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
ANOTHER problem with cooling systems at a Nuclear Plant...

Fukashima Diachi Plant.... Plus these were reports that another plant down the coast (60km?) had 'cooling problems'

Ft. Calhoun in the USA has a HUGE spent fuel-pool that was (at least for a time) down to emergency generators to keep the coolant flowing....

WildFires '...approaching' Los Alamos Nuclear Weapons Facility in USA, (New Mexico?)

and now one in the south of France!!!

I notice ( from the "theintelhub.com" site) that the reactor in France was off-line... but that it was into a 10yr extension to its operating life... and would be shut down "...end of 2010 or 2012..."

Ian R. Crane, here in the UK, has pointed out that Fukashima Diachi was due to be de-commissioned at the end of March? 2011...

Ft. Calhoun Reactor apparently, had been off-line since April...

3 End-of-life reactor units suffering fires/problems with their coolant systems ... in as many months???

BIG-PICTURE--- !

Drive up the demand/price for oil...and other energy utilities...?
Depopulation as an aside...increase in sale of Big Pharma products...?
Force decommissioning of loads of 'Old Reactors', with a subsequent increase demand in Approved NEW Reactor Units ...perhaps from a particular Corporation that builds reactor units!!

Insurance payouts on 'Old Assets - (Due for 'expensive' decommissioning - only to become an environmental problem on the taxpayers buck? )

Just speculating.... as it all seems like 'terrible' bad luck for the 1st six months of 2011!

Time reveals all.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07
"In the southern French nuclear plant Tricastin, French media reports of an explosion."

"On the grounds of the southern French nuclear plant Tricastin, there have been media reports of a transformer explosion and fire"

Optimus Prime once told me that all transformers are fire-proof. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Radioactive Cesium Is Found in Tokyo Tap Water for First Time Since April

"Radioactive cesium-137 was found in Tokyo’s tap water for the first time since April as Japan grapples with the worst nuclear disaster in 25 years. The level was below the safety limit set by the government."

"The warning prompted bulk buying of bottled water at supermarkets and convenience stores even as the government said the health risks were minimal. Bottled water was available for sale in online stores listed on Amazon.com Inc. and Rakuten Inc. (4755) as of 3 p.m. in Tokyo."

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
First of all, electrical transformers exploding is a fairly common occurrence...
Let me Google that for you
Ever seen the electric company's laydown area? that's where they keep the spares.
The substation in my neighborhood had one explode a few years ago - fire department put out the fire and the power company had the juice back on in about 4 hours... It happens and is not something to get people all riled up about.

Originally posted by RoyalBlue

Originally posted by Pr0sp3r0

L'incendie a été maîtrisé en moins d'une heure par les pompiers.

Transl > The fire was controlled in less than an hour by firemen.

- Why just post the sensasionalist part ?

Ok, let me spell it out for you. When transformer go BOOM, regardless of whether it is near anything dangerous or not, it affects the site's ability to get electrical power to keep the reactors cool.

Not necessarily - Transformers are used to step up/down voltage. If they are on the outbound power lines then the only effect is that their customers will be in the dark. Considering there are 4 reactors on that site I doubt they are bringing in much if any outside electricity. In addition most nuclear reactors have multiple ways to route power around and have backup systems - especially on things that are known to fail...

People often fear what they don't understand...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I live in Zion Illinois. 2 miles from a nuclear powerplant that had a transformer fire yesterday. WEIRD to say the least. 8 cities responded to the fire but apparently all is well. what is up with all these nuclear plants having fires?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Nuclear eneregy equals a BAD IDEA!!!
Murphy's Law is a law, not a theory or a hypothesis, that states that whatever can go wrong, WILL go wrong! Anyone dumb enough to believe that more nuclear disasters don't lie ahead of us are either naive or brain dead. Clearly the benefits do NOT outweigh the risks.

Murphy’s law is not a law. It is an idiom.

Here is more on this idiom.
www.murphys-laws.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07
reply to post by coquine

They killing us all time, slowly end softly without explosion or catastrophic events what happened in Japan etc ..
edit on 3-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

Really?? Unlike coal fired plants right???

Over the past few decades, however, a series of studies has called these stereotypes into question. Among the surprising conclusions: the waste produced by coal plants is actually more radioactive than that generated by their nuclear counterparts. In fact, the fly ash emitted by a power plant—a by-product from burning coal for electricity—carries into the surrounding environment 100 times more radiation than a nuclear power plant producing the same amount of energy.

Scientific American

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
reply to post by Dalke07

WTF is going on. 

Is all this exposure about nuclear power plants just because the spot light is on them or is this just
Massive coincidence.

Not that i believe in coincidence .

Because of "Global Warming" and "Peak oil" some of the rank and file aka The ‘Innocents' Clubs’ Started to reconsidered Nuclear esp. Thorium as a reasonable clean energy source. This wandering towards cheap energy and away from the direction the elite are herding us had to be stopped. So now we have a renewal of the anti-nuclear hysteria.

The City of London & the Fabian Society: History & Current Plans

“We are at present working discreetly, but with all our might, to wrest this mysterious force called sovereignty out of the clutches of the local national states of the world. And all the time we are denying with our lips what we are doing with our hands.” - Arnold Toynbee Fabian Society – City Of London
centurean2.wordpress.com... and anticorruptionsociety.com...

John Holdren, President Barack Obama's Science Czar, has hit upon a new way to accomplish an old goal of his....

CNS News reports that in a recent video interview, Holdren suggested that the de-development of the United States could be accomplished through the "free market economy."

...“A massive campaign must be launched to restore a high-quality environment in North America and to de-develop the United States,” Holdren wrote along with Paul and Anne H. Ehrlich in the “recommendations” concluding their 1973 book Human Ecology: Problems and Solutions.

“De-development means bringing our economic system (especially patterns of consumption) into line with the realities of ecology and the global resource situation,”
"...The need for de-development presents our economists with a major challenge. They must design a stable, low-consumption economy...."http://www.cnsnews.com/node/75388

www.associatedcontent.com...

You have to restrict Energy if you are going to force people into a "low-consumption economy"

I think they want us all to live like the Amish in a world governed by David Rockefeller's "....supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers..."

Sounds like a return to FEUDALISM to me
but many people seem to be very eager to wear the slave shackles in the interest of "Saving the Environment" or "Saving the Children"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join