It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid Fault and interesting research in the similar events of 1811 to 2011 preceeding the major

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
History does repeat itself, bravo OP.

You have made some pretty solid 'coincidental' connections here, and with our current level of gnosis, this seems very plausible.

I am very much like you in believing that somewhere between the two extremes of an issue lie the truth, but when coincidences start to line up in this manner, I pay attention.

Because I do not believe in coincidence.

Time and experience have taught me that where there is coincidence, there is correlation.

S & F my friend.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hey stop that. You're making us other noobs look bad.

Seriously Great thread premise and research. You not only talk the talk but walk it too.

I'm a firm believer in "sine waves" of history.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thank you and I am humbled by the nice comments. If I find anything else, I will post it. As well as, looking foward if any of you find something too. Look foward to sharing some of my other projects in the future as well. And I do not believe in coincidences either.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Demand for new thread title!
Should be: "OP makes wild, and far out statements and claims, connecting false ideas to better support his own false theory."

Sorry to come off as mean, buts thats what it should be.
I could make a thread right now, filled with "evidence" about how black people have a plot to take over the world.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Every link in your research is broken or not working except the wiki link to the comet??
What about the Great Flood of 1993? There was/is no data suggesting more earthquakes along the NMF. They said at the time that the 93 flood was a 500 year flood, in other words, a flood that happens only once in 500 years. If this type of flooding was the only one in the last 500 years or so, wouldn't that have triggered EQ's? I have lived in Missouri all my life and have family and friends in the New Madrid area. The only "strange" things anyone has seen recently are the governments ability to blow up perfectly good levees and the occasional sand spout that in reality happens more than reported.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just for fun, I looked for any similarities in timewave zero and there werent any. The end of October 2009 and early December 2012 were similar to 1811, but nothing in 2011.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
S&F OP!
Make one think that maybe, just maybe the events that unfold everyday are cyclical... Great topic.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
1) Thank you for you opinion, but I think I will keep the topic thread the same.
2) Said it was nothing more than similarities and just an observation mode, no prediction, no forecast, not even a theory. All stated previously.
3) All links worked fine, last night but will see what I can do to fix that.
4) As stated several times before, not all things happened in other years, and in same places and same times.
5) What does interjecting African-Americans into this topic have anything to do with it?
6) Never mentioned 2009 nor December 2012

I will work on the links, I do not know what happened
edit on 3-7-2011 by sdebunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Flagged your introductory thread and have flagged this one too. Am still reeling from the connections you've pointed out and have looked into the karst and caves etc. in that area through what's available on the internet. Have always been alarmed at the oil coming out of the ground and the water going in because the viscosity is so different but knew absolutely nothing about New Madrid before this and it's all starting to make a certain crazy kind of sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Great topic OP! Thank you for doing the research, its something I had been meaning to do my self but just never seem to have the time. You really put things in order and I don't believe in coincidences either "Stars & Flags".

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Greetings, sdebunker,

You may recall the late Dr. Iben Browning who accurately predicted Mt. St. Helens and the Loma Prieta earthquake within 48 hrs. accuracy. He missed on his New Madrid prediction, but qualified that prediction as 50% probability.

Back then, he was ridiculed by geologists on Compuserve, however they couldn't explain how he achieved accuracy greater than they did.

He passed his skills on to his daughter, Evelyn Browning-Garrass

Link to External Image:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
-Link to map still works
-Link to comet still works

If someone could help me. The links above I have saved and can click on them and go right to the article, but when I try and put them on here it wont work. I have tried link. Ex-text??

Mississippi Flood of 1811
Link to St Louis Floods article
Article of the 13yr sun cycle vs 11yr cycle and 1811 being a unique year
News Scientist Article

Ok now its working. There is the links. Thank you for pointing out they were broken and I was doing something wrong. Fixed and links to the articles seem to be working now.

edit on 3-7-2011 by sdebunker because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2011 by sdebunker because: Fixed broken links. Still a newbie

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

This person made a statement and backed up their statement with facts.

You made a statement with no facts.

Back it up and let's see how the two compare.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Every link in your research is broken or not working except the wiki link to the comet??
What about the Great Flood of 1993? There was/is no data suggesting more earthquakes along the NMF. They said at the time that the 93 flood was a 500 year flood, in other words, a flood that happens only once in 500 years. If this type of flooding was the only one in the last 500 years or so, wouldn't that have triggered EQ's? I have lived in Missouri all my life and have family and friends in the New Madrid area. The only "strange" things anyone has seen recently are the governments ability to blow up perfectly good levees and the occasional sand spout that in reality happens more than reported.

The corps of engineers will tell you that sometimes they have to do that to prevent failures that would make matter worse. I cant say, for one, I am not an engineer. Two, I am not there, so you are better suited to relay that information than I am. The point I am trying to make is the similarities all at once. Yes there has been great floods, and will continue to be. But have they all occured at the same time, at the same place, with the same happenings all at once, as we are experiencing now on the exact 200th anniversary. I am not trying to make any kind of prediction. I am not trying to make a conspiracy out of anything, I am just making an observation and applying as many facts, with the supplied information to the odd similarities. Thats all I am doing. And if it turns out to be something, then at least it was a topic that is in the back of your mind of "what if". If its nothing, then this post is buried somewhere on page 200 or something. I am skeptical myself, but looking at the stuff and the more I find, I am at least saying to myself, this is at least worth a head scratcher and this is kinda weird. Normally, I hit the dead end sign, but with this topic, I seem to keep finding something. I am just sharing information, its up to each one to decide what they believe, because each bit of information is different according to ones belief.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sdebunker

1811 was the 11th session of Congress and 2011 started as the 111th session of Congress

Interesting you say that because if you take the last 2 digits in the year you were born and add it to the age you will be in 2011 you will get 111. This goes for everyone on this planet.

Now I know how everyone gets all up in arms about this sort of thing but a little birdie on my shoulder tells me there is something to it. Theres more to it than just apophenia and looking for these sort of things.

Why do our leaders love the number 11 so much? Its a gateway for one and yes they do practice sorcery, astro-theology etc. Scary part is their sorcery and astro-theology actually works.
edit on 3-7-2011 by superluminal11 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"5) In 1811, the new moon occured on Dec 15th, the morning of Dec 16th, the earthquake struck. In 2011, we have a new moon on Oct 11th. I will explain why October shortly (speculation part, but also fact, not conspiracy, just head scratching)."

Not only is they're a new moon, but it's also aligned with Jupiter. The date of perfect alignment is october 13th, but it's close enough on the 11th.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by waybehind
The Mississippi River flooded earlier this year but the Missouri River is the one that's flooding now, not the Mississippi.

Just wait...

It hasn't started yet.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by LDragonFire

There was flooding in 1823, his sources said it was bigger than 1811.

There was a comet in 1823 too....

READ!!!

He listed more than those 2 date...but said 1811 was biggest until 1823....

Because the similarities measure up to 2011 and 1811 not 2011 and 1823..

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sdebunker

Well if all the universe is and our solar system is is Cycles.....Then of course history will repeat itself..

People often forget that though...because they want everything that happens to them or in their lifetime to be unique in some way.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Correlation does not equal causation, it looks fancy though!

1) Earthquakes can not be predicted, regardless of rainfall.
Saucy Source

Here are some other links you should check out, from the USGS site. (Folks who make EQ's their living.)
Bibbdy Bobbedy Boring

(Technical reading is technical.)

EDIT

Found some more relevance:

Predictions.

Predictions usually occur as a result of some event supposed to be indicative of an earthquake occurring in the near future. Such an event may be a swarm of small earthquakes, increasing amounts of radon in local water, unusual behavior of animals, increasing size of magnitudes in moderate size events, or a moderate-magnitude event rare enough to suggest that it may be a foreshock.

Unfortunately, most such precursors frequently occur without being followed by an earthquake. This means that the forecast must be made in probabilistic terms. Estimates of such the probabilities seem to be no greater than one in three, to one in ten and hence the forecasts have low reliability. A succession of unreliable forecasts is likely to do more harm than good.

One might hope that before a major earthquake several such precursor would occur. This might increase the reliability of a forecast. An earthquake forecast was made in China several decades ago, based on small earthquakes and unusual animal activity. People were able to sleep outside of their homes and thus were spared when the main quake struck and caused widespread destruction.

However, unfortunately, many earthquakes are preceded by no precursory events whatsoever. The next large Chinese event was entirely unheralded and scores of thousands of Chinese died.

Source

*Note how they never mention water, other than radon levels.

(Take a look into plate tectonics, that will explain why rain has little (or nothing) to do with EQs.)

Also, take note that "past quakes" do effect. Which brings me to my point:

"Not saying you are wrong, or thread is. Just the rain part."
/EDIT
edit on 7/3/2011 by adigregorio because: external quote and linky

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join