It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You list of future a/c

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ok people let's hear your views shall we? In what order would you put the future fighters coming up?

I.E.

F/A - 22
Eurofighter Typhoon
JSF

Where the top is the best and bottom the worst. Please don't argue of my list here, I have no idea and that was just to demonstrate a way of displaying your choices. Don't forget the eastern, chinese and indian stuff as well!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
F-22
JSF
Eurofighter

The onlly reason Eurofighter is in third is becasue it cannot hover, the f-22 is stealth that beats them all, but the Euro fighter is good and very manurable

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
EF-2000 Eurofighter
F-22 Raptor
F-35

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i am truely sorry darkside, but F-22 is much more superioir than the Eurofighter, maybe in a dog fight the eurofighter could win, but those days are over.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwzxas
i am truely sorry darkside, but F-22 is much more superioir than the Eurofighter, maybe in a dog fight the eurofighter could win, but those days are over.

we'll see about that

most of the F22's will be shot down by friendly fire or crash that's what usually happens in the us army

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am guessing you mean the US Airforce. Also even the Brits admit that the F/A-22 is going to be better.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
the only things that makes the F22 better is stealth

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

F-22
JSF
Eurofighter

I have to agree with your order here. Clearly the JSF is not in production yet however, if you restrict the list to planes in production or flight test then, I would change a few things:

1) F-22
2) Su-37
3) Tie EuroFighter / Rafale
4) Saab Grippen
5) F-15E
6) FA-18 E/F

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wrong Post, Do not ask how this happened.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 11-8-2004 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
YF-25(X-02)[(If it even exists)]
YF-22 Raptor
EF-2000 EuroFighter
MiG-33
JSF
Su-47a Berkurt
Su-37 Super Flanker

And that is my opinion, no flaming please, the creator of the thread asked for everyone's opinions, not for one person to insult another.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 11-8-2004 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
F/A-22, overall ability, hampered only by cost - which is not a factor in a shooting match.
Typhoon F2, the most capable 'real world' fighter of them all
Rafale, France's smaller, cheaper, less able Typhoon.
Su-37, the MiG and the Berkut may be better but they're not for service.
F/A-18E/F, the best of the 'old tech' fighters. By which I mean based on aircraft already in service for many years.
SAAB Gripen, best of the light fighters
Hindustan LCA not too far behind Gripen

F-15E and F-35 are more attack than fighter biased.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
the only things that makes the F22 better is stealth

Haha, make some research before stating something like this.
1. While poor Typhoon is able to fly at 30 angles of attack, F-22 has no problems with 60. That means f-22 is twice more manuvrable in close fight.
2. Radar - F-22 has the most advanced radar and it's radar range is superior to the EF.
3. Payload.
4. Range.

For me it looks like that Raptor is better in everything, except cost.
And P.S.

If the Russians really make stealth aircraft like Pak-Fa, or Mig-44, than the Typhoon will end like a Tornado - low level attack aircraft unable to effectively fight.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
we should not argue the F-22's supremacy becuase it is a fact, it is currently the most advance fighter in the world. Not in the US we probably have better fighters in the making. Remeber first look, first kill, no dog fights.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Darkside calm down, we cannot argue something that is fact, the f-22 is highly manurable, can travel at mach speeds with out the help of afterburners, which helps it maintain high sppeds longer, its stealth makes it difficult to detect, its a huge improvement over the f-117, and it is fully armed. I am not saying the eurofighter is bad, it si quiet good, but the f-22 is better.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
One more thing, i want to say sorry to the russians you were not on my list, i forgot, but if you were your aircraft would be better than Europes fighters.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Darkside calm down, we cannot argue something that is fact, the f-22 is highly manurable, can travel at mach speeds with out the help of afterburners, which helps it maintain high sppeds longer, its stealth makes it difficult to detect, its a huge improvement over the f-117, and it is fully armed. I am not saying the eurofighter is bad, it si quiet good, but the f-22 is better.

ok ok,I saw a documentary about fighter planes and they said the typhoon was more maneuvrable than the Raptor.I know it has better range,radar and it's stealth.

your right,i suppose i just over reacted

[edit on 11-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
F/A-22 is top dog. It is the only stealth fighter (F-117 is a fighter in name only) out, it has the best radar, it can supercruise, it has 2 supercomputers with room fr a third, it has advanced electronic warfare capability (including the abillity in the future to invade or destroy enemy computers) plus a bunch of things that are still classified.

Then there is the F/B-22 if it is given the green light.

Mig 1.44 or Su-47

next is the F-35

Eurofighter is next

after that is anyones guess

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
F-22
SU-47
JSF
Eurofighter Typhoon

Stealth wins hands down in modern air to air combat

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
two possibilities Darkside your are in Europe or you are mentally challenge.
ARE YOU RETARDED THE F-22 IS A BETTER FIGHTER AND THE JSF IS BETTER TOO. LOOK UP THE F-22 than the Eurofighter.

PS: Yu are an idiot

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Darkside, you showed me you are a great man, in realizing the F-22 is better, sry i overreacted too.

<<   2  3 >>

join