It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin admits to seeing UFOs on Moon & conspiracy. **But**

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think the only way to find out for definate whats on the moon is to wait for a private company to land, or start doing moon trips or whatever. It may not happen in our lifetimes but eventually somebody other than the government/NASA or whoever will go up there, and it will either be proven or disproven depending on what you believe happened.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I loved the new Transformers!

I remember this scene. I don't think it's anything but a line in a movie. I'm sure Michael Bay knows about Aldrins thoughts on Ufos and aliens and thought it would be cool to have him in it considering the story line.

Side note, this IMO was the best one out of the 3!
Maybe because they replaced Megan Fox with Rosie Huntington Whiteley!

I can't wait to see this summer flick, it sounds awesome. I myself believe that Hollywood includes things such as this because they know Americans eat it up!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It seems that the opinions of the astronaughts is somewhat divided as to exactly whats up there topside.
I forget who exclaimed something about there being space critters up there even.....maybe some X 15 pilot im not sure....(Chuck Yeager?or was he the guy who took pics of UFOs at the hieght of his flight?))but theres been hints from odd sources of living creatures inhabiting the void of space.
I for one am nearly positive this must be so to some extent.Though i caution that with i have no idea what these critters may be......I believe its extremely possible given that life exists at extreme sepths of the oceans etc...even life forms which live off of what would be poison to us....right here on our own earth....why not up there?
I have also been reading the odd UFO report of amoeba like craft. flying mushrooms or their like,sharklike craft etc...these ufos do not nessessarily have to be inanimate ships......do they?
Finally i have to say my opinion of these pioneers would plummet to abysmal depths if it turns out they kept us in the dark on orders from their masters,......If one or two had spoken up backing Edgar Mitchell....but hes left hung out to dry......aaach!
Unless these guys turn out to be true heroes in the end,(only time will tell...)with nothing held back from us......im betting they are sitting on some explosive information that each has in some way dealt with according to their personalities dictates.
Till more is known we cant rightly say, but it sure looks that way to my thinking.It explains the antsy flip flopping of Aldrin, the reclusive Armstrong etc...
The whole subject would be a good book if somebody could compile the various statements and opinions of these men
we could compare them more easily.Digging through the archives for some twitch or shrug at the wrong time....listening to old tapes of past speeches etc, its hard for one person whos even rabidly interested to find the time for the research.....By now there have been mutiple shuttle captains and crew, many different people have been topside and have come back , such anomalies as have been spoken of are few and far between with little data to go on......If one were to take Maurice Chatelain at his word, theres a lot being hidden from us from the very first flights.....
This is the guy who designed the whole communications network for apollo......word will leak out sooner or later, but i am confident that somebody of higher moral conscience will eventually decide to clue us in regardless of consequences.
The leaders of foriegn airforces,officials of the air traffic controllers, and a host of other high officers in many different goverments have said the saucers are real....are we to conclude they are then all lying in concert when they comprise of even our enemy countrys officials statements as to the reality of the UFO problem.
Further, there is another mystery that stands along side of the UFO question, and that is the origin and purpose of the many fireballs reported in the skies the world over......

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

The moon's soil is rich in helium-3, which comes from the outer layer of the sun and is blown around the solar system by solar winds. The element is rarely found on Earth, unlike on the moon, where it is heavily accumulated because it is pushed away by the Earth's magnetic poles. Helium-3 is highly sought for nuclear fusion, and though the technology is still in its infancy, the element will ultimately be quite valuable on Earth.
edit on 1-7-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I was thinking it was Buzz but a search tells me it was actually Sen. John Glenn who did a bit on Fraiser several years ago. He was alone in Fraiser's talking part of the studio while Fraiser and Roz argued in the booth. In the "script" our former astronaut opened up about the "truth" about the moon landings. Video Link
edit on 1-7-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's a movie for entertainment purposes and never let the "Truth" get between a screenwriter and a good script

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
By admitting there were aliens on the moon it also reinforces the fact that he did indeed go to the moon - which he has adamantly and defiantly defended as a true event in response to moon hoax accusations.

Is it that he just needed the extra cash or wanted to get some face time in a major motion picture? I think that's all there is to it.

Aliens are one thing, yet I seriously doubt he would ever appear in a movie stating "the moon landing was a hoax".

edit on 1-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Buzz has eluded to having seen things before, it seems he's a natural for this transformers role.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It goes to show you that the screenwriters are tapping into the
conspiracy theories and cashing in.
Haven't you noticed the increase in alien and ufo movies?

Getting ready to watch Battle for LA.
They got me hook,line and sinker.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think they put the line in to cause more "viral" advertisement for the film. The scriptwriter would have thought it hilarious to put in a conspiracy that Buzz has been vehemently denying. And Buzz has a a sense of humour -he probably saw the irony as well.

For the record, this theory is not blowing any conspiracies - my money is that:
- They went to the moon
- The film we see is staged; it was done as back up in case anything happened

The question is "What did happen?"

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The UFO's on the moon could be just an extrapolation of Aldrin's remarks about the Mars moon Phobos, and it's monolith, which is there and is pretty big. "People will say, who put that there, who put that there...the universe put it there, god put it there according to what people..."

When you reflect on those words they make no sense at all in the context since he was basically fund raising for space exploration.

www.redicecreations.com...

His remarks did seem to cause a flurry in the studio as he spoke, but that is conjecture.

As far as actually going to the moon is concerned, the US's biggest rival was the former USSR, who did put their landers on the moon, and there was 'no moon landing' shout from them.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Actually, if you look at this the way the writers intended, they are making fn of the conspiracy crowd by having the astronaut in it.

If anything they were paying homage to the conspiracy crowd, not parodying them.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Part of me thinks it's just something put into a movie script to aid the story and put a little legitemacy in using an actual astronaut who walked on our Moon rather than get an actor to play a fictional version but the other part wonders what more lies beneath.

After all, Buzz has been strangely outspoken about seeing strange things in the last two decades while Armstrong has famously refused to talk about the mission, almost as if what they saw scared him into silence.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I loved the new Transformers!

I remember this scene. I don't think it's anything but a line in a movie. I'm sure Michael Bay knows about Aldrins thoughts on Ufos and aliens and thought it would be cool to have him in it considering the story line.

Side note, this IMO was the best one out of the 3!
Maybe because they replaced Megan Fox with Rosie Huntington Whiteley!

I can't wait to see this summer flick, it sounds awesome. I myself believe that Hollywood includes things such as this because they know Americans eat it up!

What is it with people and Megan Fox on these boards?! Lol

I could careless who the chick is or how hot she is. That's not why I go see it. :p i actually think Shia is adorable! Then u have BumbleBee!! Lol i actually preferred this one because of the story line and parts were filmed where I live and I have a couple friends who were extras so I'm a little bias
I can see my bf for two seconds! Lol

You will like it of u liked the others. I actually came home and watched 1&2 lol

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Same here, sure think Megan's hot but she can't act worth a damn.

As for Shia......I've never hated an actor more than I hate him.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join