It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Virtually Raising the Titanic': New 3-D images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
NORFOLK, Va. — Scientists showed some never-before-seen images of the Titanic in a Virginia courtroom Thursday, unveiling dramatic three-dimensional views of the rusting hulk and the ghostly images of the sea floor where the ship sank almost a century ago.

The Titanic struck ice while making its maiden voyage on April 12, 1912, about 400 miles off Newfoundland, Canada. More than 1,500 of the 2,228 passengers and crew perished as the liner plunged into the deep. The images taken from a remote-controlled submersible vehicle were shown to a judge Thursday amid an ongoing salvage claim involving the world's most famous shipwreck.

Scientists who took part in a 2010 expedition to the North Atlantic wreck site said the images are the most extensive and highest quality ever taken of the Titanic. The expedition also fully mapped the 3-by-5-mile wreck site, which is located 2 1/2 miles below the ocean's surface. The experts said the entire debris field has now been documented for the first time.

xfinity.comcast.net...

Here is a link to expedition titanic

if you wanna see the entire expedition a deeper look. after the short video a map of the expedition with quite a few slideshows and video of the wreckage.. this is the link to click...

Although the Titanic was a tragedy i thought the pics/vids of this expedition were awesome..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
That IS awesome. I once went to an amazing Titanic Exhibit that had actual things pulled from the wreckage. Truly moving... And it was all kinds of things, tools, toys, clothes, you name it.

They also had these exact replicas of a 1st class and third class room. The third class rooms kind of reminded me of your modern day jail cell, only with out the bars. The 1st class rooms were amazingly beautiful even by todays standards.

I wish that some one would rebuild an exact replica of the entire Titanic, then float it in the water and turn it into a museum or something. Would that not be so cool to be able to wander around an exact replica of the Titanic?

If I were rich, I would do that.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
How is there not more posts yet? This is such an intriguing topic.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

intriguing indeed..

maybe its not to most, or maybe they're still going through the website.. it is rather big and lots of info.. as i still am.. and will until i take it all in... really liking the 3DHD pics.. had to watch several times..

oh and i wish you were rich also..

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
lol Yep, was looking over the links.... very very nice. I enjoyed that little deep sea dive. So strange when you try to wrap your mind around the whole perspective of it and what you are really looking at.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowman9364

intriguing indeed..

maybe its not to most, or maybe they're still going through the website.. it is rather big and lots of info.. as i still am.. and will until i take it all in... really liking the 3DHD pics.. had to watch several times..

Are you trying to be rude or did it just come out that way on accident?. Forgive me for thinking the most famous ship wreck in the world, One that has captivated millions all around the world, one that has had movies made around it that made hundreds of millions because people like this so much.... Forgive me for thinking that people would think it is intriguing.

I just don't know what I was thinking. :/

And thanks for your wishes of wealth upon me... They seem to have come true. I bought a scratch off lottery ticket for a buck and won 3 bucks... So.... Thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowman9364

intriguing indeed..

Are you trying to be rude or did it just come out that way on accident?. Forgive me for thinking the most famous ship wreck in the world, One that has captivated millions all around the world, one that has had movies made around it that made hundreds of millions because people like this so much.... Forgive me for thinking that people would think it is intriguing.

I just don't know what I was thinking. :/

And thanks for your wishes of wealth upon me... They seem to have come true. I bought a scratch off lottery ticket for a buck and won 3 bucks... So.... Thanks

umm.. my apollogies if you found my reply rude.. most definatley not intended.. in the future i will examine my typed words...I am very interested in the Titanic... and currently still looking at the site...

top topics

join