It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck signs off from Fox News: ‘This show has become a movement; it doesn’t belong on TV’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I certainly won't miss him. I will NEVER forget what he did to Patriot Deb Medina...and what a hypocrite he is... since he himself questioned 9/11, then changed his stance. My very favorite article and video showing his hypocrisy has been removed, but here's one:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If I was in his position I'd start a podcast - you can reach WAY more people than with some minority show on a paid tv channel.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Glen Beck is no different than any other of the conservative personalities on TV or the radio like OReilly, Medved, Rush, Savage, Levin, Sean, Boortz, Hewitt or Auther.

Rating whores, trying as hard as they can to appeal to a demographic of fearful, mostly white people, that want to control America according to their basically rightwing Christian theology.

Business as usual in the world of Media.
edit on 1-7-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
you people should be sad mad even now who are you all going to hate on?

gonna get aweful boring without the beck hate threads.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Think what you like about the guy, he's a master marketer. The icing on the cake was the wine spilling incident in Central Park last week, conveniently putting him in the spotlight right as his final show was coming to air.

Well staged, Mr. Beck.

Some of what he has to say is pretty good, especially when he gets into his bits about the Founding Fathers.

However, his presentation style is so rabid that it's not worth watching. Regardless of how good the information is, if you can't explain it in a rational manner, sane people are not going to watch.

What's most interesting to me is that the only outlet he has is through his own projects - no one will touch him with a barge pole at this moment in time. He's burnt bridges at both CNN and FOX, MSNBC wouldn't touch him, mainstream media (non cable networks) require that things that they report are actually backed up with FACTS and more than using Wikipedia and Youtube as sources, so he wouldn't fit well there.

What's next for Glenn Beck? I dunno. Maybe a spot as a comedy reporter on "The Colbert Report"?

Not sure anyone else other than Comedy Network would have him.

"We've started a movement". Get a grip. You didn't start a movement. You and Sarah Palin hijacked the Tea Party and turned them into a group of far right bigots.
edit on 1-7-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm sure we'll be subjected to him again. I'm curious as to which flavor though. Radio (aka Rush L.) or TV (aka Bill Maher)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
When he was at the top in ratings and success, he assumed that the majority were watching because they actually believed his garbage.

Most people more likely tuned in for pure entertainment... I mean, the guy with the chockboards and all of that entertaining stuff he did?

It was like watching the daily show, with a host that actually took EVERYTHING seriously.

Good luck Glenn, with making millions on the internet from people who will willingly pay for a subscription to watch more of that.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

What's next for Glenn Beck? I dunno. Maybe a spot as a comedy reporter on "The Colbert Report"?

Not sure anyone else other than Comedy Network would have him.

"We've started a movement".

No he has invested MILLIONS of his own funds into this:

gbtv.com...

He believes that will take off, and eventually become his very own network.

All Beck, all the time.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Beck did change his tune concerning Ron Paul, but he's still a denier about 9/11. That tells me he's bought, just like all the rest of MSM.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DisasterButton

Have you checked out our choices!? What a sham!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I am glad it's finally over. His show became a wet dream for fundamentalist Christians, filled with more God-fearing, hate-filled, paranoia driven propaganda his 1-hour time slot could handle.

There's enough deception in the mainstream media without Beck and his half-truths, twists, and turns. Hopefully his fridge followers will wake up once the bull# he's been feeding them for free starts to cost them.

When you're too "conservative" for Fox ... something's seriously wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffeeMonster

didnt bother reading did you read what i said.

i said I COULD CARE LESS IF BECK WAS ON AIR OR NOT.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yet we are glen beck haters.
more like WE DONT CARE, and -you- are a glen beck lover.
if you honestly didnt care, why post?
edit on 1-7-2011 by CoffeeMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't hate Glenn Beck or anyone for that matter, but I don't agree with his views and think his ideology is extremely dangerous. Have you ever been on his website? You should see some of the comments his fans make. He attracts the most crazy and hateful people I've EVER seen.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
*double post ... *
edit on 1-7-2011 by Nurv47 because: double post

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join