It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Gear Solid Series & MGS2: Sons Of Liberty - The Illuminati Connection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I first played this amazing video-game series, a good few years back...I got into it when my cousin introduced me to MGS on the Playstation...But, being a kid, didn't really understand, or care for the actual storyline.
[For those who haven't heard of, or played the game before, then I suggest doing so. It's a great game, full of intricate, detailed plots & sub-plots, amazing game-play & lots of fun action!]

I'll go further into detail in a sec, as to how a video game can be linked to "The Illuminati", if you will...However, to understand the parallels between the games & global reality, I suggest taking a look at the storylines.

Here's a short description of "Metal Gear Solid" if you don't know about it (as you'll need to know this to understand MGS2):

Metal Gear Solid follows Solid Snake, a soldier who infiltrates a nuclear weapons facility to neutralize the terrorist threat from FOXHOUND, a renegade special forces unit. Snake must liberate two hostages, the head of DARPA and the president of a major arms manufacturer, confront the terrorists, and stop them from launching a nuclear strike.

Wikipedia - Metal Gear Solid

The story is set in 2005, six years after the events of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. A genetically enhanced next-generation special forces unit commanded by FOXHOUND leads an armed uprising on a remote island in Alaska's Fox Archipelago. This island, codenamed Shadow Moses, is the site of a nuclear weapons disposal facility. The forces that seized this island have acquired the nuclear-capable mecha Metal Gear REX, and are threatening the U.S government with a nuclear reprisal if they do not receive the remains of the "legendary mercenary" Big Boss within 24 hours.

Wikipedia: Metal Gear Solid (Story)

However, my thread is aimed more at MGS2, which provides a better parallel to current world affairs...So this leads us onto the sequel for the game; MGS2: Sons Of Liberty:

While the gameplay was almost universally acclaimed, critics were divided on the philosophical nature and execution of the game's storyline, which explores themes such as memes, social engineering, political conspiracies, and artificial intelligence. It has been considered the first example of a postmodern video game, and has been cited as a primary example of artistic expression in video games. The game was controversial due to its complex postmodern narrative and unconventional protagonist.

The story revolves around a massive offshore clean-up facility that has been seized by a group of terrorists that call themselves "Sons of Liberty", backed by a rogue special forces anti-terrorist unit "Dead Cell". They demand a massive ransom in exchange for the life of the President of the United States, and threaten to destroy the facility and create a cataclysmic environmental disaster if their demands are not met. The motives and identities of many of the antagonists and allies change rapidly, as the protagonists discover a world-shaking conspiracy constructed by a powerful organization known as the Patriots.

Wikipedia - MGS2: Sons of Liberty

So...Nothing unusual so far. Just a well-thought out, stealth action video-game, with a nice storyline & good gameplay.

However, it wasn't until the middle of the game, MGS2, that I sat up & noticed something unusual:

Just like the movie & music producers of today (& before)...I think video-game producers like include crypted messages & symbolism into their games.

I know that in most cases of things, "art imitates life, & life imitates art"...But this is pretty ostentatiously done by the producers of MGS2.

Throughout the MetalGear series, there are many similarities to, what's widley known as the NWO/Illuminati's plans for wrld domination.

We have in MGS, Super soldiers that have been genetically altered, with the use of nanomachines. (which are now, in reality, black projects which consume huge amounts of money which the public have no idea about...the profiteering and life of war from childhood, including child soldiers and manipulation into being a better tool/weapon. Nuclear proliferation weaponisation and the human genome project all important)

Then we have the "Patriots"(Something a little ironic in the name, now that we have the "Patriot Act"):

The Patriots (愛国者達 Aikokushatachi?), also sometimes referred to as the La-li-lu-le-lo (らりるれろ Rarirurero?), are a secret cabal, revealed in Metal Gear Solid 2, that control the United States of America. The group is initially revealed as an inner circle consisting of twelve people known as The Wisemen's Committe.

Wikipedia: MGS (The Patriots)

What's interesting is that Ocelot (one of the antagonists in MGS), reveals in the end, that the Patriots were all dead (even suggesting they are philanthropists, so therefore "good" guys?)
Is this possibly a way of Hideo Kojima trying to cover his back?
Also, we later find out, in MGS4, one the founders of the "Patriots" is actually "Big Boss"...Is it possible, that he had to change the story on the Patriots, to make it look like, their leader all this time was just one of the super soldier-turned-mercenaries"?)

At the game's end, Snake acquires a disk containing the identities of the Wisemen's Committee and in the post-credits ending, Otacon examines the disk, stating that one of their members was a major supporter of Philanthropy, and that all twelve had been dead for "about a hundred years."

MGS has its elite behind the scenes controlling information and creating proxy wars for private military. Much like what is happening today with companies such as Blackwater and other PMC groups who are deployed in various regions around the world free of political restriction.

MGS2 has many parallels with reality; past & present. Even more so as you start to look deeper into the storyline.

Is this merely a case of fear-mongering &/or "fantasia paranoia" by Hideo Kojima? Or is he really trying to get his message across, in a rather blatant way? Then retracting it (for reasons unknown), but continuing to alter the MGS series storyline?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I just found this website, which includes further parts of the game, that actually uncovers several other conspiracy theories, that are quite popular & well-known within "NWO-circles":

illuminatinwo.blogspot.com...

The video in particular I found most interesting, is the codec sequence conversation between 'Raiden' & 'Emma' about the plans to censor the internet (I think it's the 4th video down).

Let me know what you guys think!
edit on 29-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I played through that game last month because of the stuff I have learned on this website. It has an excellent conspiracy storyline that mimics what we are seeing today (i.e. internet censorship, NWO, etc)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ever played the Assassin's Creed series?
There's a "Truth" section filled with some crazy stuff. I'm surprised no one has made a thread about it..I thought about it but I only rented the games and didn't have time. maybe it's cause of the swarm of people who will bash you for just suggesting it's possible that messages can be found in video games.
Looking for conspiracies on a conspiracy forum!?!?! Blasphemy!
edit on 29-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Wow.

Thank you for making this thread. Much appreciated.

I played all of those games, was blind to the story back then. After watching that video, not only does it bring back some haunting memories but also some undeniable connections in what is going on in today's world.

Good job.

You're now on my list.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
ah wierd coincidence here, 2 seconds ago i made retarted MGS3 joke on a thread, then checked recent posts and this pops up.
either way i'd happily argue MGS2 is the best video game ever. but i dont care about the conspiracy side of things, life imitates art and art imitates life. the MGS stories are obviously psuedo politics, some of it maybe true, but its just a game.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Haha, shockingly, I haven't played Assassin's Creed completely at all, other than a couple of missions on my friend's PC.

This truth section sounds interesting though. I'm going to have to look that one up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the feedback.

Don't forget to check out the other link I posted, as it contains a few more parts of MGS2, where they start talking about other linked conspiracies!

It's sorta surreal & funny at the same time!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
ah wierd coincidence here, 2 seconds ago i made retarted MGS3 joke on a thread, then checked recent posts and this pops up.
either way i'd happily argue MGS2 is the best video game ever. but i dont care about the conspiracy side of things, life imitates art and art imitates life. the MGS stories are obviously psuedo politics, some of it maybe true, but its just a game.

LOL, you made that MGS joke on MY other thread...Which was to do with the Prince Harry & the Royal Family!!! The funny thing is, you say weird co-incidence...Yet, I thought you were referencing THIS thread, in THAT thread. Thanks for the chuckle, brought a tear to my eye

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I played all the Metal Gear series and I have to admit that this MGS creator Hideo Kojima is genius. Those words from these series have some meaning in it.Have you played his other masterpiece Zone of the Enders series?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by my_republic

No, I haven't played it! Just like Final Fantasy (but probably better), I never paid as much attention to the spin-offs & stuff of the main games. But I'll be sure to have a look at it!

P.S. Your clown avatar freaks me out.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It's a copy of Escape from New York the film, but made into a game

www.youtube.com...

or better yet an animated version

goanimate.com...

But yes I think you are right in a way they base the ideas and stories on events happening now or events that could happen (conspiracy's) as they make good story angles

Kinda like Die Hard 4 with the digital warfare and how we are seeing the same thing now with the hackers
edit on 30-6-2011 by TheNewKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewKid

Wow, nice find! Never heard of the movie at all (although I do remember seeing Kurt Russell ages ago with an eye-patch). The YT clip didn't show too much, but when I looked into 'Escape From New York', it does mirror MGS2 in some ways (the main character, an ex-soldier, called "Snake"; the plot which involves saving the President)

Only difference being that the "future" is '97 lol, & the film being originally made, based on the Watergate scandal.

But I can see the comparisons between the movie & MGS, especially since that film came out way before MGS, in 1981.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Yeah it's almost like they were inspired by it and created their own.

The same director John Carpenter created a film called They Live in the 80s which is also similar to Duke Nuke 'em has the chew bubble gum catchphrase and is about aliens anyway nice thread I won't hijack anymore lol
edit on 30-6-2011 by TheNewKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

You guys DO understand that these are marketing ploys?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Great thread OP, i really hope they realse another MGS game, for xbox 360 and not the fail ps3, I played this game series through when i was younger & found it very strange as the storyline clearly requires a more switched on adult to fully understand the concept, but none theless i completed the first 3 and really enjoyed them, definetly one of the games from my childhood, i can remember MGS I on Playstation 1, that was some next gen stuff at the time hehe.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My brother and I used to play these games and discuss our theories about the storyline and what it really meant. The MGS series actually planted the seeds in my head to start searching out the truth.

Great games but I lost interest for some reason over time.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there's a mention in MGS2 about how the Patriots must be allowed to survive - wheteher you consider them good or bad. It also refers to an AI carrying out what it considers to be a simulation, when it actually uses real people, all of which in the AI's mind are completely expendable. Raiden finds out his colonel is actually a partly created entity borne of the AI and his own expectations.

In MGS4 Big boss explains how the system now runs itself, I'm guessing this is a sort of allusion to the idea that if you introduce or encourage greed, lust, pride, anger - and so on - to the individual, then they'll carry on 'playing the game' until they break the cycle themself.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

You'll be happy to know they announced recently this month the upcoming (november) release for Xbox360 and PS3, Metal Gear HD collection..It will consist of Metal Gear Solid 2, 3 and Peace Walker (from psp) revamped in full HD !

And OP I know what you mean after reading everything there is to do with MGS there are so many suggestions and from playing these games I've learnt so much because all the info that gets offered triggered me to look into so many subjects

BIGBOSS

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by eathis

Damn son, excited for that bad boy, i wil ldefinetly be getting that for xbox ! Thanks for the info

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join