It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal appeals court in Cincinnati upholds Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A federal appeals court in Cincinnati has decided to uphold Obamacare by "agreeing that the government can require a minimum amount of insurance for Americans"

Washington Post

A Republican-appointed judge joined with a Democratic appointee for the 2-1 majority in another milestone for Obama’s hotly debated signature domestic initiative — the first time a Republican federal court appointee has affirmed the merits of the law.

The vote passed because a Republican-appointed judge deemed Obamacare to be within its rights.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Its within its rights to force people to Commence in commerce, purchase, obama care!? Are you crazy. FORCED to buy something or face fines and jail time. wow, Whats this going to lead too
edit on 29-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I couldn't agree more, especially with 1 and 3 businesses dropping health-care coverage because of Obamacare.

1 and 3

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is ludicrous to me. How can you expect someone to pay a fine... for not having the money in the first place? To me its comparable to some schools these days making rules that have the potential to ruin a childs life before they even know what they want to do with it. Its taking someones money before they have even decided what they need it for. Its a damn shame that our government would do such a thing to us.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

It's because our government LOVES victimless crimes. They're so easy for them to enforce on a willing populace, and cheap compared to real crime I mean most police agencies these days look more like front line soldiers than policemen yet gang violence is soaring so why exactly did they get all that gear in the first place?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

It's a very common ruse. You would be surprised how many people (even on this site!) claim they are OK with the TSA because they are only protecting us. Ridiculous

One thing many members here take for granted is the fact that TPTB are incredibly intelligent. They know how to manipulate us and have made a science out of it.
edit on 29-6-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Do you think the insurance companies want to give up all those new customers?
Or that Pharma wants to lose out on the deal they cut?

Where is the outrage at these industries?

The insurance companies lobbied for the mandates.

I'm guessing they were just innocent bystanders...the victims...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The site is not updated but this case is number 16 on the list: 24 Constitutional Challenges to Federal Health Care Laws

That's two rulings against constitutionality and five rulings confirming constitutionality. Eleven more cases to go until the supreme court can have a say.

new topics

top topics

join