It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bhut Bolokia (The Ghost Chili)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Apparently the ghost chili is 401.5 times hotter than Tobcasco sauce, ouch! This video of a poor guy eating one pretty much sums up their immense heat.

Has anyone tried one of these things? I'm cooking a curry for my housemates this weekend and am pretty tempted to slip one in...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Geez, I bet the ass burn one gets is off the charts, after consuming one.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

edit on 27-6-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: imbed

Wow that looks rough,but I can't handle Jalapeno cheesburgers from White Castle

You got some guts if you actually mess with that.
edit on 27-6-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: add

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
nvm you got it

edit on 27-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Apparently the ghost chili is 401.5 times hotter than Tobcasco sauce, ouch! This video of a poor guy eating one pretty much sums up their immense heat.

Has anyone tried one of these things? I'm cooking a curry for my housemates this weekend and am pretty tempted to slip one in...

I'm growing them at the moment!

They are very naughty!

If I we're you I'd stick to the Fatalii and Cayenne breeds, they are much more manageable. If you don't wear gloves with the Jolokia, it can burn your skin, and if you get it in your eyes you can go blind. BE CAREFUL!

Thanks n best,

R

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by phixion

My friend ordered some of these online and gave me one - no, I didn't eat it all at once. Held on to it and took a nibble every once in awhile.

Looks like another posted already corrected, should be bhut jolokia (or naga jolokia), and they are pretty damned hot, although I guess there are now another one or two hotter peppers out there. Made the mistake of rubbing my eyes after had barely touched it one day and was pretty uncomfortable for awhile.

IF you decide to add the pepper to your curry, I would suggest only using a tiny bit OR running a small test batch first as you might render it hot enough that nobody wants to eat much, if you aren't surrounded by heat lovers.

Enjoy, and be careful.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by phixion

Surely these peppers are not meant to be eaten as is as shown in the video.

I eat raw green thai chillies everyday and habanero chillies once or twice a week along with the bread and other dishes. You surely cannot eat all at once or by itself. It will definitely get your stomach if empty. One should drink a bit of water before and also use salt with the raw chillies to neutralize the heat in the mouth.

I usually make my own hot sauce using fresh habanero's and other peppers available during the season. I have tasted few of the sauces as well which are much much hotter than the peppers.

Definitely the heat is high in some of the sauces which use multiple types of peppers. See the link below.

HOTTEST_SAUCES

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Thanks for the tip with HOTTEST SAUCES. Absurd hot, insane hot, amazing. lol

I use powder chilli as the ground paprika and sometimes I eat Habanero as other people eat cherry tomatoes. I'm just loving it. I want to grow my own Bhut Jolokia badly. Now it's too late so next year.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That chili is the most God awful thing I have EVER had in my life.

I didn't just nibble it, I ate the whole thing all at once. I have never wished for a quick death as much as I did that day.

It burns every part of your head, then you swallow it and your throat feels like it is having a hole burnt into it.

This chili does something to the acids in your stomach and the heart burn is unworldly.

Then it soon comes time to poop.

I was nearly brought to tears as I sat on the toilet. I swear, I wanted to wipe my butt with a snow cone!

This was the ABSOLUTE STUPIDEST thing that I have EVER done in my life!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

LOLOL!!!@snowcone!!! Star for that post! Still laughing!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If uou are ever in san antonio texas... Try the four horseman burger..

m.youtube.com...#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3kO7MlHgJLA&v=3kO7MlHgJLA&gl=US

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've eaten the bhut jolokia and it was lethal and I usually love spicey stuff

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Got this plant long ago but too bad it dead.
This chillies is really hot, but im a fan of hot foods lol till it got my ulcer bad. But still loves hot foods and hope can find this chillies plant again cuz in here this chillies are not available on the market in here.

top topics

join