It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new depression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If u think about the economic future you could easily predict a massive depression in the US. The "baby boomers" are going into "old age". The baby boomers are also at least twice the size of our current generation. This means we have half of the population to take over all of the jobs that the retiring current population has. Not possible. We will also have to pay for the baby boomers SS. If there are not enough workers, then there is not enough material goods and servies to be made, which means no money in the economy. The resulting depression would be WAY worse then the "Great Depression". Hopefully our genius Greenspan, can get us through it.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hopefully our genius Greenspan, can get us through it.

Greenspan was the one who caused all this in the first place, mainly at the behest of his great friend William Jefferson Clinton.

Probably the only positive outcome of a terrorist attack in the US again would be if they managed to take out Greenspan and most of the Federal Reserve board members... If we somehow were able to clean house and get honest people in there (as opposed to the Enron refugees) we might be able to pull our a$$ out of this HUGE crack.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
lol i see what you are saying but i think u are being too hard on greenspan. Honestly he is the reason that our economy was sooo good for sooo long. Just now it has hit a bit of recession that was due for many many years that he postponed with some quality thinking. If it wasnt for him our economy would have been in the shi***r along time ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Honestly he is the reason that our economy was sooo good for sooo long. Just now it has hit a bit of recession that was due for many many years that he postponed with some quality thinking. If it wasnt for him our economy would have been in the shi***r along time ago. Posted by Osobad28

I agree with you in that Greenspan did in fact delay a recession that was a long time in coming. However, I think that was a very bad thing, in that the longer you delay a recession, the worse it will be when it hits, and more likely it to become a full depression (which is exactly what is happening).

I do hold him responsible for this however, as he did so deliberatly in collusion with Clinton in an effort to totally screw the US economy (which is exactly what is happening)

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i think he knew that it would hit harder since it was delayed but i think at the same time he was delaying it and trying to find a solution at the same time....why would he deliberately try to completely screw the economy under his control. Instead of a very extreme GDP curve he was trying to create a minimal type curve which is very very hard to theoretically demonstrate nonetheless realistically invent.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider Probably the only positive outcome of a terrorist attack in the US again would be if they managed to take out Greenspan and most of the Federal Reserve board members...

Actually, it wouldn't take that much to wipe out the Federal Reserve system...If a few of the *people* involved get taken out, there'll always be someone waiting in the wings to take their place anyway.

Do a Google search on NESARA & look at how we may be able to ease back into a gold-standard & phase out the Federal Reserve entirely.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Frankly, I get darn depressed just THINKING about Bush and his inane policies.

new topics

top topics

join