It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Humanism at it's very best. Nothing sacred, anything goes. Nothing absolute, just human opinions.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Define "natural", please.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Stovokor

Here you go in great detail. I particularly agree with Supreme Court Judge Scalia.

www.conservapedia.com...

From your oh, so unbiased source:

Special rights, also called special privileges, are privileges extended to a particular special-interest group but denied to the majority. Examples of special rights include same-sex "marriage"[1] and the repeal of Don't ask, don't tell[2].

First of all, they call marriage a "special right" saying it's not extended to the majority... WTH? Marriage has been available to the majority all along.

Straight people have HAD special rights!

According to the above definition of special rights, MARRIAGE is a special right, extended to a particular special-interest group (straight people) but denied to the minority (gay people). So it's OK to extend special rights to the majority, and deny these rights to the minority, but it's not OK to extend them to everyone equally?

Have you READ the Constitution? Do you have any respect at all for the founding ideals of this country? Where's your patriotism? Your support for liberty and freedom of the individual?

I'm afraid your true colors are showing... You're pushing an anti-gay agenda and it's no longer popular. The freedom agenda is becoming more and more popular and I am happy to see it!

Hey! I never said it was unbiased. Its from Conservapedia for cryin out loud. Someone asked about the agenda so I replied with a comprehensive link. The whole issue is biased either pro or con with no apparent compromise.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Libs think we are all just animals anyway. And some greens apparently think we are lower than the animals.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Unless you are not involved in the health sciences like me you need to provide medical proof of it. Homosexuality was removed from the DSM-IV only because of political reasons; the chief was gay. It was not because of medical reasons.

Why is it that homosexuality is not genetically passed down, whereas other traits are? Yes it is because it is a mental disorder.

*SNIP*

Nice reply, Please comment on this situation down where you live in Australia. I'm not familiar with your laws. Probably because they do not have any influence on me. Is Gay marriage recognized legally or are legal partnerships the norm?

That's how polite adult conversations are usually conducted....

Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate quoted material
edit on 6/25/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

[*SNIP*]

It's not legal in Australia but is fast gaining popularity and eventually something will happen. New Zealand has allowed same-sex and opposite-sex civil unions since 2005. As far as I can recall about 30 countries now conduct and recognise either civil union or marriage for same-sex partners.

It's about time the rest of us caught up.

Mod Edit: Removed insults.

edit on 25-6-2011 by Garfee because: tidy up the censorship

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Unless you are not involved in the health sciences like me you need to provide medical proof of it. Homosexuality was removed from the DSM-IV only because of political reasons; the chief was gay. It was not because of medical reasons.

Why is it that homosexuality is not genetically passed down, whereas other traits are? Yes it is because it is a mental disorder.

Mental disorder or not, they can get married in New York now you f*kn bigot. Suck on that.
edit on 25-6-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

Agreed. Too bad for him the leader of the anti-gay agenda is gay, so this dark age for gay people will be over soon, hatred towards one group of people never lasts forever, eventually they get together and either change the laws, or kill the people making them.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

It might be gaining popularity in Australia but I don't see it being implemented any time soon - even with the big push we currently see from the Gay Rights movement. It seems most Australians currently feel that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
This is not about Equality; it's about Division!

One more win for the Elite...
edit on 25/6/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

Why do you say that? What can the Elite gain from this except a windfall, dual income, no kids spending spree? What you are afraid of is yourself and your like minded friends. How are you ever going to keep straight with all the gayness around you? It is a common fear and hints at muddled sexuality. If you are not sure WHAT you are of course you COULD go either way with the right suggestion and two people living together (now that they do it with societal sanctions and a legally binding contract) just might seem a little more attractive than you are comfortable with.
Raise above it.
This is morally, socially and economically sound. It is abhorrant only to those homo-phobics OD'ing on testosterone or in the case of women false holding a sense of morality. Fortunately there are some secure women out there and men that can keep both their heads.
edit on 25-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Why do you say that? What can the Elite gain from this except a windfall, dual income, no kids spending spree? What you are afraid of is yourself and your like minded friends. How are you ever going to keep straight with all the gayness around you? It is a common fear and hints at muddled sexuality. If you are not sure WHAT you are of course you COULD go either way with the right suggestion and two people living together (now that they do it with societal sanctions and a legally binding contract just might seems a little more attractive than you are comfortable with. Raise above it.
This is morally, socially and economically sound. It is abhorrant only to those homo-phobics OD'ing on testosterone or in the case of women false holding a sense of morality. Fortunately there are some secure women out there and men that can keep both their heads.

I'm afraid any rational argument is falling on deaf and dumb ears.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

It might be gaining popularity in Australia but I don't see it being implemented any time soon - even with the big push we currently see from the Gay Rights movement. It seems most Australians currently feel that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Other than peoples say so (which I don't see either) what empirical proof do you have of this feeling Australians have? Is this judging by the number of people who remain single or the divorce rate? Maybe take a gander at those figures and see if you come to the same conclusion as the statement you have no evidence for.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

Originally posted by newcovenant

Why do you say that? What can the Elite gain from this except a windfall, dual income, no kids spending spree? What you are afraid of is yourself and your like minded friends. How are you ever going to keep straight with all the gayness around you? It is a common fear and hints at muddled sexuality. If you are not sure WHAT you are of course you COULD go either way with the right suggestion and two people living together (now that they do it with societal sanctions and a legally binding contract just might seems a little more attractive than you are comfortable with. Raise above it.

I'm afraid any rational argument is falling on deaf and dumb ears.

Then why be on a discussion board? Grandstanding?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For starters this isn't going to make them more accepted. You have people who accept you for who you are and those that never will.

For you gays... You have just officially enslaved yourselves to the state of NY to be oppressed and controlled by their manipulated manmade laws only to suit their needs to further the states perverse agendas. If you actually believe this was done out of respect and morality for your community, then I can't express how neive you truly are.They don't care about humanity as a whole, equally.

REMEMBER this..........where would you be without heterosexuals?

NOWHERE, you wouldn't exist........

And for theose brilliant arguments about how science would've been used to procreate...........You do know that the cavemen weren't scientifically advanced, right?

So existence (w/out) heterosexuals is nonexistent. The truth is men and women are meant to procreate.......

Everything else is just fulfillment of your own twisted and selfindulgent fetishes and desires.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Libs think we are all just animals anyway. And some greens apparently think we are lower than the animals.

Greens and Libs? More handy label boxes and name calling.
Can we go any more backward? Perhaps a frothing mob with pitchforks?

What label would we put on your box? Happy to be Hetro and wish everyone was? How is this post on topic anyway?

link   
reply to post by krill

marriage, children, taxes, politics, wars... full package for "equality". modern life, eh?
edit on 25-6-2011 by psyop911 because: (no reason given)

link   
A marriage is an act of love between two humans, seriously, who gives a crap if they're men or women or both?

I wonder how much of an influence religion has on the opinions of the people who are against same sex marriage.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A FRIENDLY REMINDER:

As is frequent with topics where strong opinions are often shared, let's keep in mind that courtesy is mandatory on ATS.

Remember the golden rule of debating the post and not the poster.

Thank you all and happy posting.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
A marriage is an act of love between two humans, seriously, who gives a crap if they're men or women or both?

I wonder how much of an influence religion has on the opinions of the people who are against same sex marriage.

Unfortunately religion has nothing to do with reality. Please tell me how life would exist w/out the Marriage of man and women. And technically the marriage of man and women was that actual act of lying down and intertwining their bodies which procreated by combining their DNA. The act of an actual certificate of marriage is politics which religion is and has become.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It's all about the gays seeking special rights. They already had the right to marry, a person of the opposite sex. What this does is opens the proverbial Pandora's box. What if some enterprising New Yorker's mother gets sick, and demands to have the right to marry their mother, if only to get them on their insurance policy? How about cousins, aunts, uncles, sisters brothers, grandparents? All they would have to do is cite the gay person's mantra about marrying the person of their choosing. How would a New York politician fight that? They couldn't without bringing gay marriage into question.

I honestly have no issue with the gay marriage thing. It doesn't concern me, at least until my state starts trying to pass it. I do take issue with how it was passed. It should have been taken to referendum, instead of backroom deals and special interests deciding. Let the people truly decide.
edit on 25-6-2011 by croweboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join