It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 9/11 a small glimpse of what to come on 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This may have been brought up before but I think it is a topic that needs to be pondered. We all know about September 11, 2001 with the world trade center attacks and the unfortunate events that happened that day. After noticing a video on I kept seeing the same day pop up everywhere: the date 9/11.

Now most people will say okay that's the day September 11, 2001 happened, but why leave off the year. Why not put 9/11/01 on the shirts, memorials, and so on? Most of what I see is 9/11. Now most people believe there are a few people out there that always tries to give hints as to what is to happen in the future. What if this is that type of situation? A hint that 9/11/01 (9/11) is a small glimpse of what will happen in September 2011.

Will we say after 9/2011, that it was 10 years in the making?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
Why not put 9/11/01 on the shirts, memorials, and so on?

Because it is not needed. Like you said, "We all know about it...." Not just Americans, but all around the World. Those numbers are most likely the first telephone numbers that many of us were ever taught. Now, regardless whether or not we agree with it, those numbers have become synonymous to terrorism for most of us.

There is a very good reason why, "We Will Never Forget!!"
It has been permanently branded into our brain/memories.

edit on 6/24/11 by BrokenCircles because: removed last statement. didnt make sense lol

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by bputman
Why not put 9/11/01 on the shirts, memorials, and so on?

Because it is not needed. Like you said, "We all know about it...." Not just Americans, but all around the World. Those numbers are most likely the first telephone numbers that many of us were ever taught. Now, regardless whether or not we agree with it, those numbers have become synonymous to terrorism for most of us.

There is a very good reason why, "We Will Never Forget!!"
It has been permanently branded into our brain/memories.

edit on 6/24/11 by BrokenCircles because: removed last statement. didnt make sense lol

Is it not needed? If someone passes away would you just put the day and month or the complete date? I am not familiar with walking through a cemetery seeing the month and day on tombstones but instead I see the day, month, and year.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

One person is not the same as a country. Thats comparing a mountain to an anthill, my friend

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

It's not about one person, it's about the respect given. However, this is off topic and not part of the thread topic.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
One person is not the same as a country. Thats comparing a mountain to an anthill, my friend
It's actually bigger than that. How many other countries had offices in those buildings?
Not sure if this is the appropriate term, but~> Foreign Delegates.

reply to post by bputman

I'm not saying that it is right or wrong. It basically just IS.

I don't have any kids, and don't particularly talk to any on a regular basis, but I'm sure that this is branded into young minds as well. Most 11 year olds today, will probably know what it means if you asked them about those numbers.

Maybe in a few decades, many won't remember the actual year.
I am not disagreeing with you. Respect is deserved.

top topics

join