It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul worries Fort Knox gold is gone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Ron Paul worries Fort Knox gold is gone

money.cnn.com

Paul called a congressional hearing Thursday to grill federal officials about his bill to audit and inventory all of the gold reserves at Fort Knox, Ky., West Point, N.Y., and Denver, even though Treasury officials insist that the gold is audited annually and is all there

During the hearing, Paul suggested that the Federal Reserve of New York, which has 5% of the U.S. gold reserves, has the ability to secretly sell or swap gold with other countries without anyone knowing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Wow, it's not about this story, we all know where Ron Paul stands about this subject. What amazes me is that it's the top story at cnn.money.com ! This is something that never happens! I don't know if this is beginning of something new regarding msm polices (I doubt it) or they want to present it as something funny and "kooky" (I don't know about that either). Anyway, hurry up and check it out while it's still top story! It really looks great. I wish we could see these kind of news on msm more often. Seeing that as a top story really made me happy!

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-6-2011 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

Ron Paul was'nt the only one concerned.......

Here's Dr Beter back in June 1975:

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The lack of transparency and oversight is ludicrous beyond belief.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul says he wants to sell the gold to ease our debts, but is he really suggesting that so we can take a peak at what we really have? I'm thinking that he doesn't really want to sell it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Everyone remember a while back a thread about the secret removal of all the gold and replacing with bars of gold plated tungsten? This whole program is goin down hard. For real.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ron Paul needs to be president. Maybe then this country can regain a modicum of the decency that its been actively flushing down the crapper for decades.
edit on 24-6-2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I stand with Dr Paul. I want the entire gold holdings of the USA audited and assayed. If everything turns out to be on the up and up, then let's base our money on gold and silver, so it actually stands for something. (I've been blasted before, because other countries don't base their money on precious metals. What the hell? I don't give a damn what other countries do. I'm concerned about Us and our internal economy.) The paper money that is in circulation has the same intrinsic value as toilet paper. I would rather be able to redeem my paper money for precious metals.
Thank you Dr. Paul. We support you in your effort to prove that the gold repository is safe, or that our federal government has screwed us. Either way, the citizens win.

Transparency? This government is as transparent as a bushel basket of crows at midnight!
edit on 24-6-2011 by kettlebellysmith because: forgot one last comment.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
NO # SHERLOCK!!!!

What amazes me is the fact that this is news!!!

I stand in awe at the sheer number of people in this country who suffer from a self imposed
Stockholm Syndromesqe relationship with the Government of this country.
It is Psychotic and unhealthy to say the least.
Is this really so hard of an idea to entertain???

Next we'll be hearing that Extraterrestrial life may indeed exist.
I mean come on, is it just because I bombard myself with information like this everyday and I am used to it?
Is this really news???
This is a no brainer!!!!!

Now the news story will happen when someone decides to perform an independant audit of Fort Knox.
THEN you've got NEWS!!!

S&F though, because I am sure that this opened SOMEONES eyes!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
even if we did somehow magically sell off all the gold the us has which alot of people including myself thinks that it doesnt exist that money will be paid into the government pensions.

it wont be going to any program that needs it you would think it would go to social security since they have stolen that money over they years or other government funds that geithner has been robbing since obama.

every president has had his hands in that cookie jar so dont expect it to go where it needs to go.

which goes to this thought if there was any gold in fort knox seems to me that they would steal the gold before the stole social security which leads me to this thought.

the gold was gone long ago then they moved on to social security and now thats gone they moved on to other funds.

there is no gold in fort knox like there is no money is social security.
edit on 24-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

All the more reason to demand an independent audit of the gold reserves, and the fed. If the gold is missing, and the audit of the fed doesn 't balance, then we stand up and take action ast a country. We try those responsible. At least the ones who are still living. If they are found guilty of treason, then we hang them. It's a simple solution to a complex problem.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Ron Paul says he wants to sell the gold to ease our debts, but is he really suggesting that so we can take a peak at what we really have? I'm thinking that he doesn't really want to sell it.

I believe he wants to sell the gold to the American people to allow us to hold real money again. Since govmint thinks gold is a barbaric relic anyways, they don't need to have any.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I like when Paulie give the heebeegeebees to the fed. Paulie President * chanting*
Time Magazine next week's title : "The fed and the missing gold powder: how the u.s tax payer has been misled since the get go"

All you have to do is pray that there is no rats in fort knox or that thin paper will be gone, it's like cake for me i could eat some daily hehe.

edit on 24-6-2011 by themaster1 because: don't need no reason (remove that stupid option mods)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Good luck, Ron.
We cant even get an audit of my city.. I can see that a TRUE fed audit is all but a futile effort.

link   
Sorry, double post

edit on 24-6-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by satron

The article doesn't say anything about Ron Paul wanting to sell the gold. It says that he wants to put the US back on the gold standard. The article then says what the current market value would be. This is the 3rd MSM article today that says it is due to what is being said on the internet. We are putting their feet to the fire. They are now even admitting it. Keep up the good work. We will eventually drag the truth out of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I'm sad to say it but I agree with you. They didn't publicly hang people in the past just for fun (well maybe sometimes), they did it because it was very good educational tool. Unless people see punishment with their own eyes it doesn't exist to them, or at least it doesn't leave any impression at them. That's why we have more people in prisons than ever before but nobody care because they are out of the sight. If you don't see something you don't think about it, it's a simple as that.

People need to awake, people need to be aware! They are asleep because they watch and listen too many lullabies on tv!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I know the value of gold goes up and down.
but! when some one first put his gold in a bank.
and got a credit note for the gold.
where they expected to take 90% of the gold if the price drops?
I dont think they played this silly game
when they first gave credit notes for gold.

in the very old days. you got robed of your heavy gold.
to make it easer to carry and to hide.
you gave the gold to a bank for a credit note.
when you got to the next big town
you gave the bank the credit note.
and they gave you your gold back.
In those days. did gold lose interest?
some how I dont think so.
any one know about this?
or is the price of gold going up and down a BIG con?
how can the price of gold go down?
is it when they lose a lot of gold?
they are Always mining gold.
so the price should always go down?
I think its a big con.
Can any one tell me more?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Well actually you're looking it from wrong perspective, it's not that value of the gold is appreciating/depreciating. It's the actual value of the paper money appreciating/depreciating in correlation with gold. As we can see in the last decade, value of the paper money was rapidly depreciating because there was more and more of it. Also people starting realizing that paper money doesn't have any real value, only psychological. That's why paper money has to be based on something that cannot be produced in unlimited amounts, like gold.
edit on 24-6-2011 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
All I can say is if the truth ever gets out ....... OMFG the world would dump the USA like a used condom!!!! and not fast enough either... actually it makes me wonder why all the countries holding massive IOU's have in the past couple years liquidated all there holding., now the only ones holding the debt are Americans!

The USA has been running a Ponzi scheme and actually holds little to no valuable metals at all.

If in fact this is true .... I feel sorry for you guys,

new topics

top topics

join