It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a big problem facing the world today..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
water is reaching lows all over the world and is constantly overused by corporations, much like our non renewable energy..

we need to think of alternatives and the answer is not desallination!

we need to start being open to recycled water..
fact is that all water is recycled, water you drink today could have been shat out by a dinosaur millions of years ago..
its just as clean if not cleaner then anyother water you drink..it undergoes rigerous treatment..its just the fact that people have become to the western worlds luxeries that they think its icky..germs are all around us..ecoli is everywhere in your house etc...

recycled water is the way to go..that and stop giving the corps. so much water!
edit on 24-6-2011 by dilapidated because: ...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilapidated
we need to start being open to recycled water..
fact is that all water is recycled, water you drink today could have been shat out by a dinosaur millions of years ago..

This specific line made me laugh

I think it is more to do with the contracts that countries are giving to water companies.

They need to introduce more limits on how much can be withdrawn from reservoirs, this would allow more time for the water cycle to run its course and prevent the loss that is occuring just now.

Just my opinion.

edit on 24-6-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

What the heck is wrong with the font size here?

I cannot seem to change it

edit on 24-6-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dilapidated

According to wikipedia, only 30% of water used in Singapore is recycled "NEWater,
but that is enough to affect market acceptance of all of Singapore's food and beverage exports,
therefore, careful planning and different strategy for different countries is required.

One thing for sure, is higher costs of water in the future.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dilapidated

I don't think we are facing a water crisis in the next 100 years anyway, unless it suddenly stops raining across the world, just like snow on mountains runs down into rivers and streams, most of the planet is covered in water, so i wouldn't worry just yet

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Reply to post by dilapidated

If you think about water is kind of recycled. For example here in philly we get most of our water from the delaware river. We also dispose of our waste water (after its cleaned) into the delaware. So its kind of a loop of taking and putting back. I dont know if this is the norm for most cities though

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Reply to post by dilapidated

If you think about water is kind of recycled. For example here in philly we get most of our water from the delaware river. We also dispose of our waste water (after its cleaned) into the delaware. So its kind of a loop of taking and putting back. I dont know if this is the norm for most cities though

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join