It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta Airlines Adopts Saudi "No-Jews" Fly Policy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is completely crazy to me! It's like we're back in the WWII era..
(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum or been posted already, I did actually search for it).

(Visit the link for the full news article)
Here's The Link...

I suppose the "merger" language requires this, but seriously?

The issue, which has caught the attention of the American Center for Law and Justice already, was raised when Washington attorney Jeffrey Lovitky was perusing procedures for travel. Read more: Delta adopts Saudi 'no-Jew' fly policy www.wnd.com...

It doesn't seem like much negotiation was put forth on the matter. I guess it really is all about the money.

Your thoughts?
Good day...
edit on 23-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

edit on 23-6-2011 by rstregooski because: word

edit on 23-6-2011 by rstregooski because: title

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Wouldn't MSM, Yahoo, Fox, ABC, and other news network be reporting this? I mean even though they are spewing BS I'm sure it will cause a national uproar( Some US Lobbyists are Israeli supporters)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Yea, right? I'm currently looking for it. The original link was on the Drudge Report...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You're right..

Human rights don't exist when money is involved. This is just wrong on so many levels and the back lash is going to get ugly. As an American Company, they should be adhering to American Values and not bowing down to an affront of Human Rights just to increase their bottom line.

It is absolutely illegal to discriminate against anyone in the US so how are they getting away with this and what made them think they could even try?

The other question is how are they going to ban Jews? It states Israeli passports AND Jews. It is possible to catch an Israeli passport but how do you say "You're Jewish"?

I am not sure of the credibility of the source but we'll hear it roll out if it's true. Even the MSM won't be able to ignore the oncoming S#!!storm if it's proven to be accurate.

What they seem to be saying is that although they respect the rights of everyone, they have to abide by the laws of the Destination Country. Nice way to make a buck and pass the buck at the same time.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4380a23fb52.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 23-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
You're right..

Human rights don't exist when money is involved. This is just wrong on so many levels and the back lash is going to get ugly.

It is absolutely illegal to discriminate against anyone in the US so how are they getting away with this and what made them think they could even try?

The other question is how are they going to ban Jews? It states Israeli passports AND Jews. It is possible to catch an Israeli passport but how do you say "You're Jewish"?

I have my doubts about the authenticity of the source.

Yea, I'm curious about the source as well, but I came across this on Drudge so I ran with it. If it is 100% accurate, I suppose the mainstream media not covering it isn't anything new.

And yea, how would they ban "Jews"? I suppose they'd be added to an alternate "no-fly" list for the specific airline?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It has always been my understanding that Saudi Arabia does not permit entry to people with Israeli passports at all. Offhand I recall it being the same in quite a few countries such as Lebanon, Syria, Iran etc.

I am a bit confused though regarding the Jewish aspect. Will they be asking for names? Will an American Jew named Smith be allowed to fly but a British Jew named Goldberg won't? Will they ask who's circumcised? See what jewelry symbols are being worn by passengers?

It does sound quite odd.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

Do they bring back the yellow stars?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wow, I wish I could star your post again.. Thanks for editing and digging that letter up...

I mean, if they decided to do business with North Korea, what the hell could that entail then?
edit on 23-6-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It's not a big deal for several reasons.

#1) Not many Jewish people want to go to Saudi Arabia.

#2) Both Saudi and Delta lose Jewish customer's $$$. (Even though there wasn't much to begin with see #1).

I dunno. I am not surprised really. The Saudi society is incredibly oppressive and violates humans rights all the time. Discrimination is the least of the things wrong with them...

I have a lot of issues with a lot of "Jewish Topics", but I would never discriminate against one for any reason. I believe in human beings despite our silly made up differences we pretend exist (but really dont).

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

#2) Both Saudi and Delta lose Jewish customer's $$$. (Even though there wasn't much to begin with see #1).

I dunno. I am not surprised really. The Saudi society is incredibly oppressive and violates humans rights all the time. Discrimination is the least of the things wrong with them...

I have a lot of issues with a lot of "Jewish Topics", but I would never discriminate against one for any reason. I believe in human beings despite our silly made up differences we pretend exist (but really dont).

Actually, it is a big deal. Once one barrier for Human Rights is knocked down, it sets a precedence for many more to follow. All citing the Delta case.

What's next? No Buddhists or Ukrainians allowed in Australia? Ridiculous I agree but that's my point.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I just found this on the official delta blog which can be found here:

View from 30,000 Feet: Delta on Diversity

June 23rd, 2011 by Trebor B. | No Comments →

We’ve gotten questions today from you, our concerned customers, following an article about Saudi Arabian Airlines joining SkyTeam (the global airline alliance that includes Delta as a member). After listening to many of your thoughts today, we’d like to take this opportunity to share some information and help to clarify some of the questions we know you have.

First and foremost, I think one of the most important things to mention here is that Delta does not discriminate nor do we condone discrimination against anyone in regards to age, race, nationality, religion, or gender.

That said, some have raised questions about whether Saudi Arabian Airlines’ membership in SkyTeam means Delta is adopting any type of policies that could present barriers to travel for some passengers, including Jewish customers. For this particular concern, it’s important to realize that visa requirements to enter any country are dictated by that nation’s government, not the airlines, and they apply to anyone entering the country regardless of whether it’s by plane, bus or train.

We, like all international airlines, are required to comply with all applicable laws governing entry into every country we serve. You as passengers are responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents, such as visas and certification of required vaccinations, and we’re responsible for making sure that you have the proper documentation before you board.

On a personal note, I want to share with you all that I’m proud to work at a global airline that serves a diverse customer base with an extremely diverse workforce, and I hope this blog has helped answer your questions on this important topic.

Trebor Banstetter

Delta Media Team

If I'm interpreting this correctly, they're saying that domestic travel would not be affected; only international travel which would bar entry into individual countries based on that country's law. Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Not allowing travel based on a person's passport is nothing new.

The question of religious based restrictions is new to me though.

This will be extremely difficult to enforce though.

On the other hand, the Saudi government has been enforcing a "Muslim Only" policy in Mecca and Medina for years, so anything is possible.

What about connecting flights? Stopovers?

A lot to digest here if true...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think it's hilarious that there's actually a Delta Airlines advertisement in the link..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

So with that precedent now set, can we start banning muslims from flying??

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
no matter Mossad just uses foreign passports anyway

Canadian Press Calls for Inquiry into Allegations Regarding Mossad Use of Passports

Until last Sept. 25 a Canadian passport was considered one of the safest travel documents available. That was the day on which members of a Mossad assassination squad using altered passports of Canadian Jewish residents of Israel botched an attempt to murder Khaled Meshal, the political chief of the Hamas Islamic movement, in Amman. Now, according to Canadian press reports, including an article titled "Are Canadians in Jeopardy?" in Maclean's, Canadians traveling in the Middle East are already encountering difficulties.

www.washington-report.org...

Who cares how many Canadians will suffer for this:
PM Harper puts Israel before Canada anyway....
Guess he's terrified of being terminated with extreme prejudice without trial...
Which seems to be Israel's prefered method of democratically defeating the opposition world wide
edit on 23-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Thanks for posting that. I've been digging around for a while since first seeing this thread and all I could find was an article pulled by USA Today that retracted the story but didn't offer further explanation:

www.usatoday.com...

From what you posted, it looks like they are being intentionally vague and passing the buck from themselves onto Saudi Arabia's discriminatory laws.

However, you would really think Delta would make a smarter business decision than to partner with this.

The official Delta blog never said the rumor against them wasn't true. Instead they just made it sound like they have to respect their laws. Which I understand but then why even make that deal. I would simply boycott that country if I would have to discriminate against my customers by proxy.

If true (and it is looking like it is but I'm not sure), then I see them losing a lot of passengers.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Actually, it is a big deal. Once one barrier for Human Rights is knocked down, it sets a precedence for many more to follow. All citing the Delta case.

What's next? No Buddhists or Ukrainians allowed in Australia? Ridiculous I agree but that's my point.

It is a very big deal to those it affects, even if they wouldn't visit SA for love or money or if someone held a gun to their heads.

Delta wants to have its cake and be able to eat it too by becoming pals with Saudi Arabian Airlines.

If it were KKK airlines Delta was acquiring, would Delta continue a ban on blacks as the de facto new owner-operator?

Delta can go straight to hell.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I agree and the first thing I thought when I read it was "huh???". Intentionally vague. I've been trying to find out who the major stockholders are for Delta Airlines but have not been successful yet... I have a feeling that this story is going to be huge!

Timidgal

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here's what the rest of the world has to say about this...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Found something else very interesting on the Delta website found here:

Refusal to Transport

Delta's conditions of carriage permit Delta to refuse to transport passengers when:

Compliance with government regulations or directives is required.
Advisable due to weather or other conditions beyond Delta's control.
Passenger refuses to submit to a search or produce proper identification.
Passenger lacks necessary documentation for international travel.
Passenger fails to comply with any of Delta's rules or regulations or any term of the Contract of Carriage.
Reasonably necessary for the passenger's comfort or safety, for the comfort or safety of other passengers or Delta employees, or for the prevention of damage to the property of Delta or its passengers or employees. For specific examples, see our Contract of Carriage.

Delta will not refuse transport based on a passenger's:

Disability, except on the basis of safety or where transporting the passenger would violate the Federal Aviation Regulations.
Race, color, national origin, religion, sex, or ancestry.

You can also find the names of the Corporate big-wigs on the same site. It will be interesting to see how this plays out but I can't believe they would have entered into an agreement that would ban anyone based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex or ancestry. US anti-discrimination laws are pretty strict in this regard...

Timidgal

top topics

<<   2 >>

join