It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ELE 7/7/2011 Warning Video!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Any Jupiter sized object inside our solar system would be noticed by many people.

As for planet vs star, it is debatable but either way, the above statement stands.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yeah but if it is not emitting light in the visible spectrum and not reflecting light from the Sun (Brown Dwarfs also absorb light and are not reflective in many cases) would it be as easy to see through a standard telescope?

Yes it could be spotted with IR but your average backyard astronomer doesn't cary an IR telescope with them.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yes i know that isnt the purpose of WISE, it detects objects that are only visible in IR.

I wasnt trying to say it was looking for planet-x or the many other names given to it. It's a conspiracy theory and i will say it again i remain highly skeptical that anything like this would happen or is happening.

Elenin is different, that is confirmed and will come within 1AU of Earth but there is no evidence that it will do any damage or cause any issues to Earth.

It will be quite a show when it gets closer to Earth

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc08d2f95bb0.jpg[/atsimg]
NASA: Preview of a Coming Attraction(Elenin)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
I do find interesting that there has been no fly zones activated as I have seen this on another thread. Is this a normal occurrence or is it rare for there to be so many no fly zones?

I think it's due to a magnetic abnormality. That's why they're not flying.

Air traffic here has been shut down most of the last week to "volcanic ash". No ash to be seen, skies are still blue (when there are no clouds) and rainwater is recording 3ppm, which is normal, meaning it's not contaminated.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The flights resumed again today in Australia except for flights to Tasmania. We can't actually see the ash clouds because they are really high up.... like the cruising altitude of commercial planes.

It may just be an over reaction to an extent but to be honest it is better safe than sorry, you would be surprised how quickly an ash cloud can choke the turbines of a plane.

Or are you saying the Ash cloud story is some kind of cover-story?? I doubt it, considering there are 2 big volcano's that are active at the moment. It's mainly the Sth American Volcano but there was also one errupting in Ethiopia that got no MSM coverage at all.

Eritrean Volcano Erupts Economic Mayhem for Ethiopia

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12cf1d6342d1.jpg[/atsimg]

Nuredin Ahmed, 25, an employee of Ethio Telecom, lives in Logia, Afar Regional State, 610km northeast of Addis Abeba. Saturday midnight, June 12, 2011, brought him a rude awakening when a dormant volcano erupted in the Nabro area, Eritrea. Asleep on his veranda, he awoke to unusual dust and gray ashes in the early hours of Sunday.

“I became confused when my friend who lives in Tiru Town, Afar, 70km from the site of the volcano, told me over the phone that there had been a volcanic eruption,” Nuredin told Fortune.

Full Article

I still dont understand why there has been no coverage at all on the MSM in regard to the above erruption.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

The discoverer is saying that the nucleus is around 3 to 4 km, with a projected coma reaching out possibly 80,000km. In case you are not aware of how a comet works, the coma is the particulate that is ejected like a cloud around the nucleus as it approaches the sun and begins to vent. This is the same stuff that generates the tail, and we pass through the old tails of comets on a regular basis, which is why we have yearly meteor showers. The closest that it will approach the Earth is 22 millions miles.

We just had a NEO ((2011 DL19) that was 1.2 km pass within 14 millions miles of the Earth on the 16th, and no one even noticed it. We have larger asteroids closer to us then Elenin will be all the time, and we have certainly had bigger and more spectacular comets gives us much better shows in the past. Nasa is saying that it might not even be visible using binoculars, let alone to the naked eye.

You might also find this interesting:

What if we replace comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) by brown dwarf with mass about 0.05 of Solar mass? This video demonstrate time interval from 2000 to 2020 years. As you can see, dramatic changes in the orbit of Saturn would have started 3 years ago. But at this time all planets are on it’s nominal orbits. I think myth about “brown dwarf instead comet Elenin” is debunked. You can see that by yourself.
Numerical integration was carried out by ORSA software using RADAU15-th order integrator.

The reason for the Conspiracy theory in this case, I believe, has to do with someone doing two things incorrectly. First they were using JPL’s NEO orbit diagram, which is grossly inaccurate and needs to be rotated in 3D to see the actual orbit. Secondly, I believe that the person who started this rumor misunderstood the difference between the coma and the nucleus of the comet, thereby thinking this was a larger object then it really is. It just grew legs from there. As its not a significant body, both the press and Nasa ignored it (as they do with 99% of the Neos that pass us almost every day), which only added fuel to the conspiracy fire.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

3 ppm what?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yeah i know how a comet works.....

Yeah it will be quite a show for those that have some basic astronomy apparatus. My scope isnt top of the line but i will be hoping i get a clear enough night to see it properly.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Did you look at this video?
It starts out kind of slow, and you have to watch it full screen to see what is going on, but scary as heck.

It permanently alters the orbits of all the planets, and leaves the earth crossing Venus and going inside its orbit twice a year. Here’s to hoping that we never find a Brown Dwarf Nemesis Star.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I think they meant 3ppm (parts per million) contaminated with ash.

Although the same person is claiming the ash cloud is a cover story
for magnetic anomolies. I dont buy that but this is a site for conspiracy theories....

The ppm figures may be right, i cant find any online sources to confirm or deny it, but either way just becuase rain water is clean, it doesnt mean the ash cloud story is fake. The last time i was on a plane it flew above the low level cloud cover.......

Ash clouds end up in the upper atmosphere and low enough to affect commercial planes.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Ohok, yeah i watched it, sorry i didnt know what point you were making at first.

Yeah if there was Brown Dwarf it would be reeking havoc on the outer planets and then eventually us.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I believe it means PPM of suspended particulate matter in general. Ash, dirt, pollution, etc…

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

yep spot on, sorry i should have been more precise in my reply(above).

Thanks

Edit;

Although i guess it depends what context the poster was using it in, but ppm can mean anything in rainwater, it comes down to - 3ppm of what? Ash?

Well if there were 3ppm of ash then it does show there is ash getting into the lower rainfall cloud cover.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Havick007 because: Updated post

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That's very vague...

But yes it seems to be the case, just a generic water purity tester.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Regarding the restricted airspace, since the patriot act went into effect they have to close airspace over all sporting events, concerts, large assemblies, movement of important political figures, etc... They have always closed airspace over events such as air shows, rocket launches, military maneuvers and training, etc… As its now summer, you will see more airspace closed as the weather is more conductive to many of these activities.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Yeah it just depends what you are testing for.

Saying 3ppm in general doesnt mean anything really. It is 3ppm of what?

To be honest i think we are being sidetracked by that reply about ash content in rainwater. It's irrelevant to this discussion isn't it?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

It is..it's just this member mentioned his ppm meter in another thread without elaborating on it there either, had me intrigued.

So this video in the OP seems to be a case of "shotgunning". Throw a whole lot of theories at a wall and see what sticks.

edit on 22/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

In regard to Airspace, you may not have caught the news but in Australia and NZ there have been cancelled, grounded and delayed flights for days now. It has been on and off though because of the ash cloud issues from the Sth American Volcano.

Live updates: New ash cloud chaos grounds flights

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ee8337db595.jpg[/atsimg]

The Chilean ash cloud is having a massive impact on the nation's aviation industry. John Lee, chief executive of industrial group Tourism and Transport Forum, said the ash has caused the largest disruption to Australia's aviation industry since a pilots' strike in 1989.

Read more: www.news.com.au...

Live updates: New ash cloud chaos grounds flights

the above link is an update news thread that has been ongoing for over a week now. There have been hundreds of cancelations and delays and people stuck at the airport for days. Some carriersd were flying and some weren't, some were going to fly lower than normal altitude and others wouldnt risk it.

It got worse yesterday with '' an even thicker and larger ash cloud '' and all flights were canacelled. They resumed again late today with the exception of flying to Tasmania(AU).

It's been a crazy week for flying in parts of the southern hemishere!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Yeah exactly as with many other theories on ATS. Although don't get my wrong i have my beleifs in certain things as well, but the whole planet-x, Nibiru, Nemisis and Brown Dwarf threat has gotten annoying. If it does happen then hey, they were right but yeah i am yet to be convinced there is a threat coming this year or in 2012.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Yes I was aware of that, however in the video he was talking about US airspace and it being closed in an attempt to keep the masses from flocking to the safe zones.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join