It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Gore and Murder Videos! What Is Wrong With People?!?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Earlier one of my mates sent me a link. We talk music a lot so I thought it would be a song or music video, I was shocked to see a video showing two teen murdering a man with a hammer in a plastic bag, it was brutal and disturbing. It was a video shot by the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs who terrorised Dnepropetrovsk in the Ukraine. I looked into the story and was even more sickened to read that they tortured animals first before comiting a series of horrific murders on random people, always picking the weak like old people, children and women.

I remember seeing similar things like beheading videos at school and stuff that the sick kids used to show on their laptops, out of curiosity more than anything but I found it so awful that below the video were a barrage of disrespectfull comments and some even aplauding the murderers themselves. Now Its not the gore itself that distrubed me, just the fact that such brutality was taking place to a helpless victim, I wont describe the worst parts of this video and for some reason I watched most of it despite feeling disgusted by it, I still felt like I had to watch and part of me is disapointed in myself for not closing it down straight away.

I wont post the link on here because it is just terrible cruelty and I personally wish I never had experienced it myself. I did some research on these sort of videos after this and found online a mass of sites dedicated to this sort of thing with people signing up to sights to talk about these terrible videos like it wasnt real and like the people in them didnt matter, It was so casual how they talk about the horror that these fellow humans were suffering right before their eyes. If I knew somone who had made comments like this on a vide olike that I would be thoroughly disturbed by their lack of empathy, but with so many people looking at these does it mean everyone who views them is really bad? I certainly dont think I am and I still watched the video even later to my own dissapointment instead of immediately closing the window.

So what does everyone think about these? Personally seeing what I saw made me feel very sad and I felt like I immediately had to find out who they were, who the victim was and if they had been caught (thankfully ys they have) and what was their excuse? They said that they wanted to experience something that they could remember for their entire lives, like something interesting that they did just as a memory. This casualness makes it even worse imo.

anyway please discuss

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
To watch such things
is known as Bad Karmic Imprintation
its not good

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I agree that such things are terrible. But it brings to light the situation at hand, people don't grasp what death looks like until they actually see how horrifying it is. Much like war. Its sick, yeah. But thats the reality of it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

I've watched afew videos of the same, a murder of a Libyan soldier in Libya, a young 14 year old girl in Iran, one of an American....Nick Berg, and another of 2 IDF soldiers who took a wrong turn in to Gaza. The one of Nick Berg was partially fake (although he was indeed found decapitated) but I had to turn off audio towards the end. Never again; these videos are way too disturbing even for me and took me a couple of days to put it at the back of my head and will never view another for as long as I live.

Makes one appreciate what the Police have to go through on a regular basis......and even more so of what our soldiers find on the battle field daily. In that respect, I have learned a whole new respect for both Police and Military...no decent human being can go through what they do and not be affected by what these cold blooded terrorists are capable of doing. It's just pure evil in my books and people who commit these types crimes are beyond repair and should be put in front of a firing squad.

edit on 21-6-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
its in the human nature to be facinated by death and gore, sad but true
why you ask ? HUMAN CURIOSITY thats why

Thats why we walked the moon, and thats why we invent new stuff, and why we cant help look even when we know its disgusting.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

You are 100% right. I had never heard of what the OP discussed so I Googled it. I could have watched the video but my stomach was telling me no. Death is scary enough to imagine so when you see it in person or on video it really hits home for a lot of people. I know it scares the # out of me anytime I see or read about something like this.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well... that's internet, most of it's most dirty content is not being censored in any way. And you know what, let it be this way. Perhaps thanks to this video, those murderers will be brought to justice, who knows.
Although i exactly know how you might feel, i once stumbled upon video of a double execution with an Ak-47, I reckon filmed somemwhere around Causcas mountains. Schocking, but then, no more than Zapruder's footage.

And on top, there would such a larum if photos of innocent civilians shattered to pieces, burned alive or simply shot down for some sudden movement by american 'freedom fighters' would show up in MSM. Not because it would be atrocious in image, but because it's woudn't budge with american mentality of doing good worldwide.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have read up on the case following your thread and I am shocked, sickened and horrified that my fellow human beings were capable of such grusome acts. Its almost out of a horror film. I dont like watching videos like this as I dont think humans are conditioned to see this type of thing, hence trauma, stress, depression which follows.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yeah, it's vids like that that have made my "clicky" finger a little slower on the draw. Some say we're no more sociologically "sick' than we've ever been. Maybe that's true and maybe it ain't but one thing's for sure: It's documented to a degree unheard of in our history.

Hell yes we've desensitized ourselves--and a majority of our youth--to violence. And sex. And sex & violence. We should be proud, eh?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've watched a lot of these videos when I was younger and saw bodies almost three times a week for a period of over 10 years. I remember watching faces of death at a friends house when I was 11, His dad was watching and I guess I had no choice but to sit there and watch. I was shocked at what I had seen and I couldn't understand why people would consider them as just "Entertainment". The most horrifying video on the tape was a satanic sacrifice, Complete with the ingestion of body parts etc, I'll never forget it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

Thats why we walked the moon, and thats why we invent new stuff, and why we cant help look even when we know its disgusting.

Well... i'l l humbly disagree with you, 99% of our technological advance was.... military driven. And that's dating thousands years back. Combustion, metalurgy, industrialisation, finally space race. You name it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They killed this guy while videotaping it, so they could have a memory? Who would want a memory of killing someone except a psychopath? How very sad, I'm glad they got caught. Funny how they are only sorry when they get caught, until then it's a giggle.

Originally posted by clintdelicious

I wont post the link on here because it is just terrible cruelty and I personally wish I never had experienced it myself. I did some research on these sort of videos after this and found online a mass of sites dedicated to this sort of thing with people signing up to sights to talk about these terrible videos like it wasnt real and like the people in them didnt matter, It was so casual how they talk about the horror that these fellow humans were suffering right before their eyes. If I knew somone who had made comments like this on a vide olike that I would be thoroughly disturbed by their lack of empathy, but with so many people looking at these does it mean everyone who views them is really bad? I certainly dont think I am and I still watched the video even later to my own dissapointment instead of immediately closing the window.

Don't feel guilty for your morbid curiousity, from what I've read, it served as a way to teach you a lesson to not watch that stuff anymore (not chastising, just the vibe I got from what I read
). Sometimes life makes us learn the hard way when we don't listen to ourselves.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat

Originally posted by Vandalour

Well... i'l l humbly disagree with you, 99% of our technological advance was.... military driven. And that's dating thousands years back. Combustion, metalurgy, industrialisation, finally space race. You name it.

CURIOSITY is still the main ingredient, yes ? the opposite would be we dont care.. im sure Hitler was curious to see if he could take over the world or what curious to see what would happen to prisoners when arms, legs and intestines was removed/burned ( helped with medical issues today ) , and im sure the americans was curious if they could create the ultimade weapon or what would happen if they detonated it underground or in space.. and im sure astronomers world around is curious to find out more about our universe...

I know a war can accelerate technology productivity, but even a war starts with idea and behind the idea is CURIOSITY, just my thought
edit on 21-6-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Death happens.

Predators and prey exist on all levels.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

I would always deter anyone from viewing these videos. One of the few videos I watched, one almost tore my heart out and I actually did cry for afew days.....now I'm no cry baby and regard myself as tough as gumboots.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Hell yes we've desensitized ourselves--and a majority of our youth--to violence. And sex. And sex & violence. We should be proud, eh?

Because whole families never used to travel to the colliseum to watch fights to the death between men or animals? Or whole villages, towns, and cities never used to flock to public executions?

No, our "desensitization" to violence is something completely brand new....especially figuring that the majority of our modern "desensitization" is done through video games and movies; which are fake. Unlike our ancient predecessors who wanted to watch the real thing.

And desensitization to sex is a bad thing becuase why?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranthenae

Thanks, its weird tho I almost felt that after watching it I had to research it and make sure that justice had been done. Not that I could do much if they hadnt been caught! I feel truely awful for the families of these victims like in the case of poor Nick Berg. for a family to loose a loved one like that is truely awful, but to know that a video is being used for entertainment by people even in your fellow country, let alone by anti westerners in the middle east must be truely heartbreaking.

I just hope that these people dont suffer as much. There is one truely awful video of the taliban getting a young lad (probably13/14) to behead a prisoner with a knife while others hold him down. The boy doesnt have the strength to do it quickly and when I was shown that wwhen I was longer that really made me really shocked and disturbed. The fact that people would get a child to commit such an act just shows how brainwashed children can become.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

This is one reason I believe they should be removed from the net completely. Its too easy to see this horrific material and can cause traumatic memories just from watching it. The worst for me is animal cruelty, it sounds really silly but I have more sympathy for animals being mistreated and I could never watch a video like that, however I could watch the same thing happen with a human. I guess its because they are more helpless and easily abused. Animal cruelty genuinely makes me furious and it infuriates me the short sentences hte culprites get, they should be sentenced to long prison stints. This behavour may very well also lead to them wanting to do the same to humans.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by The GUT

...And desensitization to sex is a bad thing becuase why?

Because desensitization contributes greatly to a society that has a harder and harder time knowing what intimacy is let alone being able to achieve it. Then there's stuff like increased teen pregnancies and a whole plethora of STDs.

Ultimately, and I speak from experience, that kind of "freedom" proves itself pretty shallow and fraught with emotional and societal ails. That's "why"...as far as short answers go anyways.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I once watched a group of rebel in the Democratic Republic of the Congo giva a young woman a fistula with a big ass stick. Did'nt kill her but it was still awfull to watch. I looked the practice up and it seems to happen alot over there, pretty heart wrenching to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join