It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pass legislation to mandate drug testing for welfare recipients

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yes Yes Yes... Pass this everywhere!! The legislators should not worry about being politically correct and get this done already! And how in the world is this an invasion of 'privacy?' When you apply for PUBLIC assistance which includes PUBLIC housing, PUBLIC transportation, PUBLIC childcare, and PUBLIC benefits, you gave up your 'rights' to privacy....

Employers screen employees all the time...no one states that this is unconstitutional....if welfare recipients get 'offended' by mandatory drug testing, then they are not ready to gain employment anyway....are they going to tell the potential employer at an interview that their privacy has been violated?

And many will ask, "What do we do about the children?"

Award the State custody. Point Blank. If you cannot financially support your children and then cannot or will not pass mandatory screening to receive assistance, then why do you have custody of the children in the first place? This, after all should be a wake up call to those abusing the system. Its not the taxpayers who are punishing the children of these cases, its the PARENTS.

Not only should drug testing of welfare recipients be mandatory, but temporary sterilization (while receiving assistance) should be also.
edit on 21-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
There is already a sterilization/drug-testing/welfare thread.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8f8e698165f.jpg[/atsimg]

Yall been warned.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
As a Human Being who has witnessed forced poverty , I would say I can't agree with the sentiment of this thread, but I respect the Ops passion regardless, you may be right you may be wrong.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

This is repugnant. Forced sterilization? I think you have some personal problems you need to take care of if you're wanting to control what goes on inside of someone's body through force by the state.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Quite the ironic avatar the OP has.

Are you a fan of 1984 because that's how you want the US to be? Based on your post, it sure seems like it.

You have been brainwashed QUITE well to think that people on welfare are anywhere near the top of the list of reasons why we are in such financial problems.

A few things you didn't take into consideration with your awesome plan. Number one, medical marijuana programs. It's legal for the state, so is someone who tests positive for marijuana, who is a medical patient going to be refused services?

Who pays for the tests? How many times a year do you test people?

You do realize that the vast majority of the "worst" drugs, such as Cocaine, Meth, Heroin, etc are pretty much impossible to find with a drug test after 3-4 days? So you are just wasting money, and not catching anyone on drugs? Great idea.

But you will catch Marijuana users. But you know, maybe they didn't buy it themselves. Maybe someone gave them some. Maybe they just used some with other people. Just because someone tests positive for it, doesn't mean they are spending money on it.

There are far, far to many problems with this ridiculous idea. I can't even believe one state passed this garbage.

BTW, I don't do any drugs, and I am not on welfare, food stamps, unemployment, social security, or ANY other form of state/government provided services, before you (probably will) accuse me of being a drug addict on welfare.

And I'm not even going to talk about sterilization. That's flat out sick. What's next? If you make under a certain amount of money a year, you get sterilized? If you already have a certain number of kids? When does it stop? When YOU say it does? Do you think you are god or something? Get over yourself, stop baaaa baaaaing like a sheep.
edit on 21-6-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Yay, lets test all welfare recipients, does that include those guys on Wall Street, who received trillions in Tax payers money, is that not welfare? Those guys on Wall Street are more than a little partial to drugs you know. Just coz they wear smart suits and drive nice cars dont mean they havn't been using Tax payers money to fund their drug fueled nights out that probably effect their over confidence and greed.

Or do we just want to test poor people on welfare not the rich ones? Because that sounds like discrimination to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I would certainly support temporary sterilization for welfare recipients, if there was a safe and cost-effective way to do it. If you cannot take care of yourself, how can you take care of your children? I understand those that believe it could be a slippery slope for other restrictions by the state, but slippery slope arguments are not enough to convince me.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

the drug testing i could agree with, afterall you are suppose to be looking for work, anything that would make you unemployable could effect your job chances, taking drugs is something an employer would look down on therefore meaning you are not doing what you should be doing to increase your chances of becoming employed.
therefore it is a bit of a laugh you can claim unemployment benefit while on drugs when the whole point of it is that you are fit for work and doing everything in your power to find it. a 3-6 month test is not much to ask, but then is it just costing more just for the sake of catching a few? spending 3 million to test people inorder to catch and save 100,000 in benefits for example.

the forced birth control is completely insane.
edit on 21-6-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

What happens when you come off welfare and want children, can you reverse the steralization? Or do we commit everyone on welfare to a life of poverty. Dont forget in these hard times you never know when YOU or one of YOURS may end up on welfare, god forbid.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

This is repugnant. Forced sterilization? I think you have some personal problems you need to take care of if you're wanting to control what goes on inside of someone's body through force by the state.

No different than forcing a child into an environment where they cannot be cared for properly. Forced sterilization is the way to go. As a taxpayer...I support this measure 110%....It is not my fault you are on welfare and you cannot afford your children either!
Whatever it takes! Sterilize these parasites!

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Yes Yes Yes... Pass this everywhere!! The legislators should not worry about being politically correct and get this done already! And how in the world is this an invasion of 'privacy?' When you apply for PUBLIC assistance which includes PUBLIC housing, PUBLIC transportation, PUBLIC childcare, and PUBLIC benefits, you gave up your 'rights' to privacy....

edit on 21-6-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What happens when you come off welfare and want children, can you reverse the steralization?

Yes, I have stated safe temporary sterilization would be needed.

Dont forget in these hard times you never know when YOU or one of YOURS may end up on welfare, god forbid.

I am aware of that.
edit on 21/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Funny when times are tough and we have all been done over by our governments and the Banksters that some now are advocating Eugenics and sterilisation. Killing one another off. How quick some are to advocate such policies. If the economy is good, we are all happy with each other, when the economy is bad, then we couldn't give a crap about one another, I get it now.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Funny when times are tough and we have all been done over by our governments and the Banksters that some now are advocating Eugenics and sterilisation.

[tinfoil hat on]

I never understood this "NWO wants eugenics and depopulation" conspiracy. With the exception of China, there is no sign of any population control in the world, when someone mentions it he would be ridiculed by the media and called a nazi or something, and our population is going through the roof. If the NWO wants population control, then it is one hell of an incompetent NWO, IMHO. NWO wants more poor slaves.

[tinfoil hat off]
edit on 21/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I get what you're saying, but that doesn't excuse people from breeding recklessly knowing their financial circumstances are less than stable. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
If we are to confront the corruption in our nation we must be able to strengthen ourselves as much as possible. We cannot have too many attachments in these times. If they cannot afford their own children what makes you think anyone else can?
Pragmatism must be implemented by the people if they truly intend to counter-act the destructive forces that are running this and many nations into the ground.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I'm not talking about a NWO, I dont even know what the NWO is meant to be. I do however see an increasing animosity towards those who are on welfare. Most of whom are not there by choice but through circumstance. I dont like seeing groups in society being victimised, when the real culprits for our financial situations are not those on welfare, but those who wear the nice suits and drive nice cars to their jobs on Wall Street.

The ones who have taken more from the tax payers coffers than all the welfare recipients combined. But no one would ever dream of asking a banker to take a drug test, so what we have is discrimination against a certain group of people. Which Im sure we can both agree is wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I would agree that the same should apply for all bailout recipients, if thats the problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Funny when times are tough and we have all been done over by our governments and the Banksters that some now are advocating Eugenics and sterilisation.

It's funny to me how many on ATS BEG for government interference and control of the populace!
It's amazing how many are ignorant of our rights...

And OP? No, people don't "give up their rights" by applying for welfare.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In response to the members against sterilization/ population control:

Are you in support of people that clearly cannot take care of themselves and their children to continue to bring new children into the world that they can' take care of??

After all, that's what applying for Public Assistance/ Welfare/ Food Stamps indicates in itself.

Why PURPOSELY be a burden on the State and tax payers?

Listen, I am a black single mother of 3 and have been on welfare myself in the past. I hated my situation and did things like productive job hunting and went back to school to finish my 4 degree. I did those things so that stop being a burden to tax payers. I understand it sounds harsh, but eventually people gotta become responsible.

By the way, I had my children by one man whom I was engaged to while I served on active duty in the Marines.

My avatar you question?

I chose that way back when I first became aware of Orwell and the NWO that we are headed to, and now that I actually SUPPORT a NWO, I saw no reason to change it.

Face it, some people are not able (even if temporarily) to think responsibly for themselves.

We see this when a single mother continues to have child after child, with no stable father(s), and applying for life long assistance....

when women continue to chose irresponsible men (and vice versa) to produce children with

when welfare recipients chose spend benefits on going to the club or getting high

Sometimes, order is needed.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

I get what you're saying, but that doesn't excuse people from breeding recklessly knowing their financial circumstances are less than stable. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
If we are to confront the corruption in our nation we must be able to strengthen ourselves as much as possible. We cannot have too many attachments in these times. If they cannot afford their own children what makes you think anyone else can?
Pragmatism must be implemented by the people if they truly intend to counter-act the destructive forces that are running this and many nations into the ground.

I completely agree.

MOST of the time, children in these situations either turn to criminal activity as they get older as well as reproduce children out of wedlock, continuing the poverty cycle and becoming new burdens on the State.
There should be way to 'regulate' reproduction.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I understand that there is a thread that discusses this.

I decided to open a new one because Florida passed this legislation this week and this is a very popular topic...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join