It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec teams up with Anonymous

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Not ignoring, but if this is all accurate then what are the authorities waiting for? The only conclusions are that LulzSec are in fact a govt op (but without proof this will always be speculation) or this blog is not accurate. One thing is for certain, that blog is far from impartial. They clearly have a bone to pick, which makes it difficult to accept everything they put forward.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I know I am biased as to these two groups.. but doesn't this seem like it's playing out like a bad Hollywood script?

LulzSec, Anonymous: Feds Most Wanted

...Another potential gotcha for hackers is that federal investigators routinely seek access to the server logs of ISPs as part of their investigations. "Most U.S.-based ISPs these days don't even report law enforcement requests to the public," Wisneiwski said. Just last week, William Lynn, the deputy secretary of the Department of Defense, revealed an experimental program in which DOD, Homeland Security, and NSA are working with ISPs to protect defense contractors from online threats.
In the case of many hackers, such as those dealing in stolen financial information, chats will take place in private, with new members coming into the group only if they know an existing member. However, in the cases of Anonymous and LulzSec, some of their chatrooms are public. The FBI has set up shop in numerous social media sites, going undercover where necessary to root out hackers and other online criminals, and it would not be surprising if they were actively monitoring IRC channels in this case.
NSA is developing ever-more sophisticated capabilities for monitoring and responding to online threats. The agency, which is part of DOD, is building a massive $1.2 billion data center in Utah that will be used to protect by military and private sector computer systems....

Wonder what the first weekend's box office returns will be?..

Forgive my obvious slant on this... I can't help myself..

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The hits just keep on coming..

LulzSec says it's outing two who may have led to arrest of an alleged hacker

The hacker group LulzSec posted the identities of two people it claimed had snitched on it and provided information that may have led to the arrest of a teen hacker in England.

"These goons begged us for mercy after they apologized to us all night for leaking some of our affiliates' logs. There is no mercy on The Lulz Boat," the group said on PasteBin Tuesday.

Along with their addresses, LulzSec posted their names, aliases, instant -message screen names, IP addresses and the phone number for one of them.

You can't make this stuff up folks.. or can you?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Very gregarious.

And what do you expect them to do? "Hey, I'm John from Illinois and I am part of Anonymous that DDoS'ed your servers last June causing you to lose money."
There's a reason why they call themselves Anonymous.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by TheStev
Unfortunately, that weak link makes all of your research beyond CloudFlare somewhat irrelevant.

irrelevant you say ???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc540d327057.jpg[/atsimg]

Hate to tell you boon but the "webninja" pic is a stock photo of a model in a silly mask. You can find it all over the internet. Why on earth would you think it was one of the hackers?

On a side note I do agree this is not going to end well...Lockdowns and PPV internet channels are already being proposed and this ironically only helps add to that cause.
edit on 21-6-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I liked Lulsec when I first heard about them, hacking into PBS and posting the fake Tupac story. I thought, they are just doing things that are harmless and don't jeopardize anyone security and give a good laugh.

Then they started trying to do it for attention, posting emails and password, and in it for the money. Now alot of members are getting doxed with there pictures getting posted up, address, name, etc, and they just pissed off a famous team of hackers teamp0ison. It doesn't really look good for them in the near future as they are making more enemy's.

Most of Lulzsec are Anonymous, so this really doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Well look what they did to Sony. They did enough damage and caused enough noise to scare investors on wall street.

All they have to do is create a fear or a panic on wall street and they can cause a lot of damage. Hacking the IMF wasn't merely a DDoS attack. Why do you think the IMF won't disclose the details of the breach.

The prime target for Anon and Lulz shouldn't be the CIA or FBI. If they wanted to really cause some issues and create panic and change they need to get into Goldman Sachs and find emails about how they position things and how they valuate things. You want to really cause a stir and get people's attention, you need to do it on Wall Street. Make people afraid to invest their life savings, their security and their future in the stock market and you can bring down the banksters. Goldman Sachs goes, the rest fall like dominos.

My point being they can cause enough fear and panic about an entity that it can effect their value on Wall Street, which is pretty much the only weapon someone needs to take down this whole country. We are building tanks and planes and missiles to fight a physical war but China and Iran know they don't need to fight us in a physical war to destroy us. They can use our stock market and our economy to destroy us. Anon and LulzSec can do the same if they wanted.

Welcome to 2011 where wars are about economics and they are faught with information and more importantly, dis-information. Now if only our government could grasp this concept and stop wasting money on missiles and joint strike fighters we could afford free healthcare, free education and still have money to burn.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

LulzSec, Anonymous: Feds Most Wanted

NSA is developing ever-more sophisticated capabilities for monitoring and responding to online threats. The agency, which is part of DOD, is building a massive $1.2 billion data center in Utah that will be used to protect by military and private sector computer systems....

Wonder what the first weekend's box office returns will be?..

Forgive my obvious slant on this... I can't help myself..

Isn't that how SkyNet got it's start?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Salutations Lulz Lizards, As we're aware, the government and whitehat security terrorists across the world continue to dominate and control our Internet ocean. Sitting pretty on cargo bays full of corrupt booty, they think it's acceptable to condition and enslave all vessels in sight. Our Lulz Lizard battle fleet is now declaring immediate and unremitting war on the freedom-snatching moderators of 2011. Welcome to Operation Anti-Security (#AntiSec) - we encourage any vessel, large or small, to open fire on any government or agency that crosses their path. We fully endorse the flaunting of the word "AntiSec" on any government website defacement or physical graffiti art. We encourage you to spread the word of AntiSec far and wide, for it will be remembered. To increase efforts, we are now teaming up with the Anonymous collective and all affiliated battleships. Whether you're sailing with us or against us, whether you hold past grudges or a burning desire to sink our lone ship, we invite you to join the rebellion. Together we can defend ourselves so that our privacy is not overrun by profiteering gluttons. Your hat can be white, gray or black, your skin and race are not important. If you're aware of the corruption, expose it now, in the name of Anti-Security. Top priority is to steal and leak any classified government information, including email spools and documentation. Prime targets are banks and other high-ranking establishments. If they try to censor our progress, we will obliterate the censor with cannonfire anointed with lizard blood. It's now or never. Come aboard, we're expecting you... History begins today.

LulzSecurity.com...

Support: www.mithral.com...
Support: www.youtube.com...
Support: wikileaks.ch...
Support: anonyops.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by darkl0rd

The trouble is that, like most things, the truth tends to be much more banal and mundane than people would like it to be.

Is it really that implausible to find a group of socially ostracised teenagers and adults who take advantage of new technology by using their skills to attack high-profile websites and steal and publicise information from badly secured sources ?

This seems like a perfect way for people who have been hurt and shunned in the real world to obtain a semblance of power, control and attention - things that they desperately lack in their lives.

The largely ineffective nature of these attacks, and the fact that the ''achievements'' of these hacking groups could be written on the back of a postage stamp, hints strongly towards this being groups of actual geeks, rather than an advanced government agency.

No government agency could be that good, as to successfully recreate such a ham-fisted and pathetic attempt at ''cyber war''.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
So what you're saying is... you're going to post a picture of yourself in your ATS avatar?

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Or do you maybe do things online, perhaps socio-politically, that you don't want to negatively translate into your life?

Yes, I do. Although, quite what relevance that has to the discussion at hand, I do not know.

Thanks for asking, though.

Maybe you're just finding another label to put on someone to make "thinking" a little easier on you.

It's not something you aren't known for doing on ATS.

Now you're starting to sound a bit creepy, Brood. Almost stalkerish.

Tell me, have you got a little bit of a ''thing'' for me ?

I'm beginning to think so...

It's really quite amazing how many peoples' feelings and mindsets you have mapped out for them before you've even met them.

It's not really that amazing. All you need to do is hone your observational skills - like the fictional detective whose name I use as my nom de guerre - apply it to your personal experiences and combine these re-interpreted experiences with reputable external knowledge to form a largely accurate conclusion on anything and everything.

Simples !

Having said all that, I fear that your reply completely missed the point that I was making in my quoted post. Simply put, you were arguing against a point which I had never made in this thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
And what do you expect them to do? "Hey, I'm John from Illinois and I am part of Anonymous that DDoS'ed your servers last June causing you to lose money."
There's a reason why they call themselves Anonymous.

I never indicated that I expected them do anything - other than apply some spot cream to their faces.

The point is, they are angst-ridden teenagers and social outcasts.

You then proceeded to post a photo of some brainless drones slavishly wearing V for Vendetta masks ( nothing like being original, autonomous and independent, is there ?
) in an attempt to dispute my point that the members of Lulzsec, and those who affiliate themselves and are active in the Anonymous ''movement'', are social outcasts who are angry and hurt at being shunned throughout their lives.

Their response ? DDoS attacks and low-scale hacking, in an attempt to feel some power and to ''get their own back'' at the world, because they have been marginalised and ''oppressed'' in the real world.

There's nothing noble about their cause. A deluded sense of vengeance is what motivates them to behave in this way.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
LulzSec is now DEAD

Now we actually have something to "lulz" about

They are stopping for the simple fact that they are scared to death. The Web Ninjas, along with "th3j35t3r" and a few others have way too much evidence against them. This is what hacking is really about. The ones who steal and hurt innocent people aren't real hackers and never will be.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
LulzSec is now DEAD

Now we actually have something to "lulz" about

Lulz?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join