It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claims of Russian Moon Bases

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
NASA on the other hand would rather play mind games with us...

From a presentation by Jim Garvin, NASA seni0r scientist. I think this about covers it

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by newcovenant

Google doesn't have any cameras, they use the same images that are available to everyone.

If you have the knowledge you can make your own "Google Moon" or "Google Mars". You even have an Open Source program (NASA's World Wind) that you can use as a base for it.

Oh I see what you are saying now.
Thanks for the link, that is pretty helpful too.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You were out of context, you stated that a paper / document / was FACT.

It is not fact, it's existence IS FACT.

That does not make the item FACT, just it's existence.

Poor context that suited your argument.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
goto page 44 on this Document, and you'll find more information along with more truth. This news isn't new, it's old and it's out in the open for everyone.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The point I share with NRE, is as follows;

You only really know what you have experienced 1st hand. (even then you can be inaccurate in your interpretation of what you have experienced).

This is largely a conspiracy site.

We cannot discuss conspiracies on this sight to any great length, when the '1st to deny ignorance' crowd enter a thread.

for eg.. Someone posts a thread with multiple claims, each with multiple aspects.

Another joins the thread and links a wiki quote that contradicts one of the aspects of one of those claims, then proceeds to ask a moderator to move the thread to the Hoax bin and tells everyone else to 'move along nothing to see' with the pride that they were the first to 'deny ignorance'.

Knowing that most conspiracies, by their nature, are not heavily grounded in fact, this makes said person look more ignorant than the poster of the thread to which he has claimed to debunk.

Therefore, it leaves alot of people who were interested in the topic raised bereft of any meat to chew on.

I recommend people check out NRE's thread on Dr. Peter D. Beter to observe how productive a topic raised, can be. Healthy investigation with mutual respect.

Together we can achieve great things on ATS, divided, we accomplish the fact that it is easier to dismiss in an instant, rather than invest time in hammering out all possible, plausible aspects of a given topic.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Skellon because: grammar correction

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
It is not fact, it's existence IS FACT.
I was thinking of "fact" as meaning that something that is a fact is something that really exists, so, in that sense, any existing thing is a fact.

Poor context that suited your argument.
Probably, some English words are similar to Portuguese words but are used in a slightly different way.

My thoughts always make more sense in Portuguese than in English.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000
I agree, nonsense ! if there was anything remotely interesting there wouldn´t we have been back there in the last 40 yrs or so ? I can´t understand with todays technology if there were things to investigate then they would be.

well yeah, you're almost exactly right.

but have you forgotten to consider that maybe, just maybe, there was something interesting on the moon?
or perhaps that we HAVE been back to the moon since 1972, maybe a few times, maybe we all built bases?
it's not very likely that many of us here are ever gonna be to the moon, so how would we know?

you're right again, that with today's tech, it should be possible, considering we could apparently do it, over 40 years ago. but again, we have to consider that, damn, maybe no one's been to the moon? no one. not the americans, not the russians, no one?

maybe they just wanted to seem like the had the edge? all the baddest toys, so no one would try touch and touch their sheet?

but that doesn't mean they would tell you, the rest of the populace or myself. sorry guys, i didn't mean to confuse anyone, i'm just tryin to stay critical.

edit on 19-6-2011 by ToFarGone because: none

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I apologise ArMaP, I may have been a little harsh in my response, considering English is not your first language.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

i could knock out a string of co-ordinates... it means nothing.
then we have crazies like john lear pointing at nothing &swearing blind it's the jetsons' summer home!

ps skellon: what plane is that on ur avatar?

edit on 19-6-2011 by jimboMakkka82 because: addition query

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jimboMakkka82

Fictional MiG-31 Firefox, from the film of the same name.

Though I still cannot be bothered to re-centre it after something happened to it.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Don't worry ArMap mate. An understandable misunderstanding IMHO.

Your English is usually better than mine and I have to write for my job.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Don't know for sure, but go to my thread. I'm building a moon base too.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
goto page 44 on this Document, and you'll find more information along with more truth. This news isn't new, it's old and it's out in the open for everyone.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Is the source claiming the bases were built at the same time the Soviets were launching the Lunachod missions then?

I'd imagine the bases (if they exist) would have been built during the 80's or early 90's, their space programme was in better shape then.

And to add, the Russians still have a manned space programme...the USA doesn't, even to the point of having to hitch a ride onto the ISS on board a soyuz.

So even today, the Russians could be thought of having won the space race.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by drneville

And that's not all, good sir, you can walk and breath on the moon just wearing your own casual clothing of a T-shirt, your undies, pants, and sandals/shoes.

However, you'll be shunned if you do such a thing and will shot on sight because of how much your a threat to the fragile "Status Quo" of the system of control.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You'd all be wise to listen to Dr Peter Beter before you go dismissing him.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join