It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Hacker Attacks False Flag Attacks to Justify a Crackdown on the Internet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think the reason why hackers have held back is because they know the consequences of having the internet locked down. They know for every action they take there will be a stronger reaction. So to keep the internet free they don't do anything real crazy. So based on that these current cracker groups, not hackers, they are either a bunch of younger kids that don't understand the consequences of there actions on the general populace or it is government run to prepare us for some kind of cyber false flag.
edit on 18-6-2011 by wiandiii because: for spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

Very interesting, theory. I agree, it could be youngsters in a hack group.
I don't know which I would prefer. The former or the latter. Either one is
not good.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Dont just give up on home entirely. It is likely that hackers on the take are working under the guise of anon, but it's not all a government Op. Its not as easy as just asking the question that is your headline.

Why would government want to take the net? Do they want to try to force rebellion?
The media has intentionally morphed the concept of Anon. The rash of attacks isn't just springing up either.. it's somewhat a response to them finally getting coverage. The thing is anon isnt just a group that everyone knows each other. It is just a catch all for anyone so there would be groups one group very well might have an agenda for every target another might very well be doing it for the lulz then another because they are trying to wake people up.

Be skeptical but don't just give up hope and decide there is no one out there doing it for good.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Be skeptical but don't just give up hope and decide there is no one out there doing it for good.

I haven't given up hope at all. I do believe there are good groups out there, Doing great things.
I didn't realize, I gave off the impression my hope was diminishing.

Why would government want to take the net? Do they want to try to force rebellion?

One that can come to mind is extreme censorship.

And who knows? Didn't Obama Admin, a few weeks
back state that any type of hack attack, Is considered,
an act of war?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join