It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So search revealed nothing...This Must be a Lie...Please help me Debunk...Emergency Alert : Nebraska

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Have not heard ANYTHING via msm...I realize the introwebs are NOT the truth, but often simple humans provide us with info we would otherwise not get...anyone on this?

AH, WHAT?

Anyone?

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

What you see there seems to be the majority of available information on the subject. Unfortunately the only thing the MSM want to cover that's slightly related to this is the weather channel showing the flood warnings. I'm highly dissapointed in the lack of information as to the condition of the facility.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My search revealed this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this:

and this:

All I did was type "Nebraska nuclear" into the search bar

edit on 15-6-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Yes, its real. Here you go

The Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, Nuclear power plant is going down fast due to massive flooding.

The NRC has declared a level 4 accident.

The FAA has issued the following directive, shutting down airspace over the plant:

hawaiinewsdaily.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

This is a 'smoking gun' alright. Add to this all the nuke plants along the Mississippi River...we need to deactivate these plants and politicos have heard from the voters but ignore them (as usual)...

As bad weather rolls on in, floods, fires, etc. these plants are lethal liabilities.

I haven't heard anything yet; maybe we will hear from a blogger from the area soon...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

starred and flagged for a quick and recent post.
please keep us updated as news comes in...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
seems that there was a lot going on at the plant here is what i found news.search.yahoo.com... but i did not see any of today's news but i did not look for it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So how bad exactly do things have to get before the USA **RETHINKS** its future nuclear policy, huh? Maybe we should at least stop to think about the dozens of planned nuclear plants? Right? RIGHT???

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
While this is bad and all but imagine a nuke going off near a nuclear power plant .. Something to think about folks who live near these ... I think it's time we had alternative means to get power instead of nuclear plants and coal plants don't you think .

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm within an hour of fort Calhoun and from what I've heard on local media everything is peachy. No real concern or at least they've done a good job of keeping it in the dark. The flooding isn't bad in Nebraska. The Iowa side of the Missouri is getting the worst of it by far.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
God damn them!!

We need to stop all nuclear power RIGHT NOW! Who cares if we cant have the amount of power we are used too, atleast we would be alive, and not radiated...

Solar/wind/water should be the only power sources we use, atleast at this point until we invent a real safe power source, or one that is not suppressed by greedy corporations...

Like I said, it may not be favorable, and we wouldnt be able to consume power like we are used too, BUT ATLEAST OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS WILL HAVE A FUTURE...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i hope they can get this under control..what worries me is in the event of a SHTF event the people who operate these plants may be dead or injured..who will control these plants then..and what will happen when their automation fails one by one..where can whats left of mankind go to escape?
s

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
the scary thing is , if the power to the power plants (weird) is shut down for a few weeks, like after a big cme, then all the plants would melt down. hundreds of little fukushimas in our own backyards

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Thanks. I am sure the appropriate authorities will respond to my level 4 breach of T&C. Actually, guarenteed - not normally this quick to jump the gun...

CJ

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
the scary thing is , if the power to the power plants (weird) is shut down for a few weeks, like after a big cme, then all the plants would melt down. hundreds of little fukushimas in our own backyards

OMG you are so right. Every time I've heard the phrase "...take out the power grid..." in terms of solar activity and the 'worst case scenario' no one dared mention the REAL worst case scenario. And it never crossed my mind. The whole country is a freakin mine-field and virtually no place to hide if the grid goes.

Sort of makes the underground bunker & seed vault for-elites-only claims a little more credible, eh?

The most irresponsible thing of all is, they never solved the whole 'spent fuel' disposal issue. They just kept a-building and a-building these 'safe' plants, knowing full well they had no solution in sight for the long-term problem.They could shut down all of the plants tomorrow, but what about all of the spent fuel? How long would we still have to worry about its containment?

Clean energy, huh? What ding-bat coined that phrase?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
God damn them!!

We need to stop all nuclear power RIGHT NOW! Who cares if we cant have the amount of power we are used too, atleast we would be alive, and not radiated...

Solar/wind/water should be the only power sources we use, atleast at this point until we invent a real safe power source, or one that is not suppressed by greedy corporations...

Like I said, it may not be favorable, and we wouldnt be able to consume power like we are used too, BUT ATLEAST OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS WILL HAVE A FUTURE...

How would we replace the 20% of our energy that nuclear power supplies overnight? I'm all for renewables and natural gas production and clean coal, but the environmentalists will be up in arms about those plants as well. Other than the questionable location of a few nuclear plants across the country, most are in safe areas. Granted, if you look hard enough, someone will find fault with all 100 or so locations! They also don't just build these plants and thats it. Over their operational lifetime, they go through upgrades, enhancements, etc. I'm sure the NRC will now put a ton of additional safeguards in place in response to the Japan disaster, so if anything, nuclear energy in the US will become safer. I'd like to see the president grow some balls though and announce a multi-year, multi-billion dollar funding initiative towards renewables and fusion research. You'd probably see oil and gas prices drop almost overnight and OPEC rethink their strategy.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I dont understand...whats the beef?..th power was restored w/o even having to use the emergency pump?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by peter_kandra

Im guessing you didnt read my whole post?

If we cant replace it right away, then so be it... Atleast our future generations, will actually have a FUTURE

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

As the water levels rise it keeps on raining. If it isn't an emergency it will be one if the rain doesn't subside. It has become quite obvious that the MSM is no long news of any sort. It has become endless blathering with a tidbit dropped time to time they claim is news They could call themselves( MEM )mainstream entertainment media but they aren't even entertaining. More along the lines of air time to fill.I stopped and questioned what have they told me all of them combined in the lst 2-3 months. Answer= absolutly nothing!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join