It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets all slaughter every dolphin as they smile out of pitty for us.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Revenge against dolphins you say?

Well...I'll just keep it simple. Perhaps that mega quake Japan had coming cannot be blamed on HAARP after all...
Good one Flipper

Come on...Japan gave us Ecco the Dolphin...they can't really hate each other that much...eh?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

And the USA gave us Bugs Bunny and Daffy duck - but we still eat both species.

Honestly, I don't hate Japan. Its the individuals who -cruely- kill them is the problem... if they could kill them less painfully and traumatically - its all just good business.

Until they can talk back (and I know about the device being made) - I will consider them just another animal.

We eat monkey, you know.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

Humans eat anything...it's rather disgusting. I'll happily stick to fruits and veggies, that is until cannibalism is legalized of course.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by toreishi

Off topic: I once had a girlfriend that looked like your avatar. A face as sweet as anime, but a mouth as bitter as vinegar. She almost destroyed my manhood. I'm better now.

Wait..

Was her mouth so acidic that it burned your manhood or something? That sounds awful.

haaahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Noooooooooo!

On topic: I love dolphins, almost feel like I grew up with them, so this was a little difficult to watch. Spent half a year in Sea Pines, Hilton Head Island every year growing up. We would take the boat out and they would just swim along side and play. Even at a young age I could tell they were intelligent, they would swim on their side gazing up out of the water, you could tell they were studying you. At the time we were able to feed them by hand, and they would even let you put your hand on their head as they would chatter back and forth. It was such an amazing experience that was stopped short when the Dolphins became sick from tourist feeding them human food.

All in all every species has it's good and bad sides, but I will always have a special place in my heart for Dolphins.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have to admit that headline is one of the more interesting I've read in awhile.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
reply to post by User8911

did you notice how they swam within the blood of their own kind...hmmm...in our society we call that genocide, i wonder what they call that in their society ?

geeeeee-eeee- eeeeeeee eeeeeieeeeeeeeieeeieeeee ee nocide...

But in all seriousness, that Documentary is very good, and it is horrible what they are doing to the Dolphins in Taiji.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am not a PETA supporting, vegetable eating, girly man. I like eating meat, and have no problem with other people killing cows and chickens for my consumption. I don't relish in the fact that I'm eating a creature that was once alive, but it tastes really good and that's all there is to it. If cows and chickens were smart they would learn to evolve into animals that taste like sh!t. But until that happens I will continue eating them as long as they continue selling them at the McDonalds and KFC down the road.

What I don't get, is how these friggin' Chinamen (okay maybe Japanese but who's really keeping track) get off on slaughtering cool animals like dogs and dolphins for consumption. I know that some people are of the opinion that all lives are equal, but I disagree. There's just certain animals that you don't eat. Dogs and dolphins alike have shown amazing compassion for human beings in danger. They save human lives all the time and these a$$holes repay them by turning them into a Chinese Happy Meal. Screw them!!! They should all go commit supuku or whatever, they have brought shame to humanity. Dogs and dolphins are the friendliest animals you could find, and they find joy in killing them for food. Why can't they be normal and eat cows and chickens like us civilized folk? Does anyone think for a second that a dolphinburger would tast half as good as a nice juicy bacon cheeseburger?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

Okay interesting point. You make an assumption its strictly for them (i made that assumption on that wonderful phrase chinamen) im sure there are eccentrics in the west here as well that would eat dolphin and some that may use other parts and pay highly for it. And on the same note, these above average creatures compared to the ones we eat, go into zoos here in the west for our viewing pleasure. Fact is we use animals for luxury more then necessity. We over eat, want it now and grown accustomed to it. You promote that lifestyle as you stated so expect society to follow and others to do the same. We put those values on animals based on our human observations, when in reality it could be an entirely different opinion in the animal kingdom. If dolphins provide insight that animals can be more then food then it could apply to all animals including the ones we deem not to be similar to them.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Eh I watched the whole documentary The Cove before.
Yes the Japanese people kill Dolphins and we made a documentary exposing it. Oh the cruelty! Seriously now, we do not treat our animals any better. Dolphins deserve the attention no more/no less than any other animals we consume.

This is almost as hypocritical as Clinton's recent "Warning Against "New Colonialism" in Africa" by China.

btw, the argument that Japanese people shouldn't even be eating dolphins because of high mercury level is invalid. people eat crap that's bad for them all the time. I mean people even smoke cigarettes imagine how bad that is for you and no one is forcing you to stop. I am not condoning their actions but any other animal deserve the same attention. If we must kill, do it in the least humane way.
edit on 13-6-2011 by SophyC76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2011 by SophyC76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
People in the West need a cold hard dose of reality I think. THIS HAPPENS TO ALL SPECIES, EVERYWHERE, AND ALWAYS HAS. Period. No debate. We've been abusing cows, chickens, pigs, goats, and all manner of mammals. Everyone around you is involved in this process directly or indirectly. All of the leather you own or are currently wearing has a high potential of coming from an abused animal. And it has been this way since the beginning of man.

It sucks, but that's the way it is.

But here's my main rebuttal: It is wrong to single out the Japanese and their treatment of whales and dolphins, when they could just as quickly condemn us for our treatment of our food. But they don't, because they're not hypocrites living in a fantasy land. This IS tradition, disgusting as it seems to us.

I personally am a vegan, and think that in a perfect world, everyone else would be for a variety of reasons, though partly to eliminate the need for such behavior. But I'm also a realist - I understand that there are many different perspectives on life, some in direct conflict with my own perspective. And this treatment of animals is very unfortunate but it would be wrong to single them out, when equally atrocious behavior is being committed in their own backyards. THAT to me is the height of arrogance.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
These creatures should be protected as an intellegent creature just like man is (to an extent) not that other creatures deserve to die! Its just that these are far more smart than most people give them credit for and we could even develop much more complex relationships with them in eyars to come when technology reaches that level

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
when is see this...i wish some aliens come down and do the same with these people...

i rly wish

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
if you think they're the only ones who do this, think again.

warning: the following video will not make you feel good

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Dolphins will be extinct within 10 years.

What we are doing to them with the high power sonar, commercial fishing, pollution....they won't survive much longer.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Dolphins are extremely intelligent and can communicate miles away. This is bad for the relationship we have with dolphins. I heard many times how dolphins save people lost at sea or ware off sharks...they like humans a lot and most humans like dolphins the same.

If those humans have the right to simply kill beautiful intelligent creatures that never did anything wrong, it makes me feel like I have the right to gun em down right there on that beach.
edit on 13-6-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

Relationship with dolphins? haha man thats great we need to re open negoations with the dolphins!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
here's the other side of our cute aquatic friends. i'd advise those of you who are squeamish not to search for dolphin rape or dolphin attack in your favorite online streaming websites; but hell, you'd still do it anyway. i warn you though, some of you might end up being scarred for life. your choice.

dolphins are not humans and to ascribe human-like motivations for their altruism would be unreasonable. stories and cases of humans being saved by dolphins from drowning and sharks being attacked by dolphins might have a justifiable sense from their point of view, i.e. they just don't want us to attract sharks by our presence in the waters so the shark won't scare away other fish and compete with them for food as well.

consider this, dolphins can communicate over miles underwater. meaning their forehead contains an organ that can emit an ultrasonic pulse which can quite possibly stop a human heart from beating. and you want to be friendly with that? who knows if this barbaric slaughter of dolphins started as revenge when a local shogun's daughter was gang-raped by dolphins in the past?
edit on 6.13.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

that was a decidedly twisted post but creative, you should write fiction

-B.M
edit on 14/6/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Extreme Violation? The mod isn't the sharpest person, she doesn't realize I am part Asian, and a vegetarian. You don't really seam to grasp sarcasm of the reply nor the ignorance (and offensiveness) of the post before this sparking the reply. You have a guy that slanders all Asian races and groups them into one people, then gives only one reason for eating flesh, which is "it tastes good". If you can't see that than you shouln't be removing posts and sending out warnings.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
Extreme Violation? The mod isn't the sharpest person, she doesn't realize I am part Asian, and a vegetarian. You don't really seam to grasp sarcasm of the reply nor the ignorance (and offensiveness) of the post before this sparking the reply. You have a guy that slanders all Asian races and groups them into one people, then gives only one reason for eating flesh, which is "it tastes good". If you can't see that than you shouln't be removing posts and sending out warnings.

In all fairness....it's the internet. Seeing racial slurs and taking it out of context is easy to do. We were supposed to know your asian? Gotta be careful with sarcasm on the interwebs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join