It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt under way west of Lolo for ex-militia leader

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Manhunt under way west of Lolo for ex-militia leader

www.mtstandard.com

LOLO - An extensive manhunt was under way in the mountains west of Lolo late Sunday for a former anti-government militia leader who allegedly led Missoula County sheriff's deputies on a chase and shot at them earlier in the day.

No one was struck by the gunfire.

The suspect is David Burgert, who is on federal and state probation and who, a decade ago, led the right-wing militant group called Project 7. He was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison in 2004.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nbcmontana.com

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
well they are still looking for the Guy supposedly acting alone and a former leader of this militia.

you know this will be a bad hit for the american militias, and it is sad because this lone nutter is who the media will glorify as what our Militias signify.

if you dont know already
United States Militia

That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia, ... every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock....

this man is a terrorist, not a member of ANY U.S. militia

www.mtstandard.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/13/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I totally agree, he is a terrorist as far as I'm concerned. Probably another "sovereign citizen". Look for gun control freaks to pounce on this.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBeezy
post removed by staff

ummmm, just wanted to keep that post
for the archives should the need
for it arise in the future.

can't believe you are advocating
death to the cops.

any rebuttal ???

edit on Mon Jun 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBeezy
post removed by staff

no doubt boondock...

Jbeezy I understand you hatred of POLICE .. the badge not the person...

you need to understand our leaders use personality types its been a perfected science for a long time.

the majority of people who become police officers take orders and follow the book as if it were the BIBLE, when both are written by MAN...

its the system that is making the human race fight, once we all wake up to whats important there will always be this battle or WAR, it needs to STOP so we can progress as a society and as HUMANS...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A liitle more on Project 7. Even other militias didn't like them.

dir.salon.com...

As for jbeezy who wants to see cops dead. I have a bad feeling about that one...for you.
edit on 13-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

post removed by staff

How is it that this post has not been removed? Vulgar and does not contribute any relative content.

Just saying...
edit on 13-6-2011 by capod2t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I have no horse in the whole militia vs gov/police race but I guess I do play favorites. If combat does break out, and it will most likely, everyone is gonna have a side. There is nothing dishonorable in cops following orders if that is what they believe in because if legitimate war breaks out no matter how small the scale each side will fight for what they believe in. I would highly recomend watching the movie Letters from Iwo Jima, because even though the japanese fought bravely and followed order to death, not all agreed and some surrenderd because they knew that there was no need for the battle to continue. So if the cops continue to persue this man who has clearly declared his own little mini war then they know what they are getting into and yes i will side with the militiaman. I must for the record say that the most desired outcome would be for the cops to back down and nobody dies but we all know that is not going to happen so im just thinking in reality. This is really a job for the national guard NOT the police.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is spooky for me. I live about 14 minutes south of Lolo and reading about this on ATS is the first I have heard of it. It's a good thing I have my guns ready and keep my doors locked. IF this sucker stops by he will wish he had not.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

yes because your comment contributed sooooo much right.
edit on 13-6-2011 by JBeezy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by Midyew

Why would he stop by?

It doesn't sound he's any threat to anyone other than the people trying to catch him.

According to his past he never was any threat to anyone but the people trying to catch him.

They pushed.

I guess if you try to catch him you're making yourself a target but otherwise he doesn't appear to be a threat to anyone other than those trying to catch him.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JBeezy

But having the National Guard involved, does not only violate Posse Comitias, but is what he wants. Check out my earlier reply.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

post removed by staff

No, not I.
I just find highly disturbing that somebody
on a forum can have this type of mind set.
It's scarey and actually has visible signs
of a possible new Jared Loughner.

It is not mentally healthy to openly
advocate death to anyone. In my
opinion this poster may need
psychological help.

It was quoted so that the poster
could not return and change it.

This action is not healthy for the
public nor for ATS.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by Midyew

Why would he stop by?

It doesn't sound he's any threat to anyone other than the people trying to catch him.

According to his past he never was any threat to anyone but the people trying to catch him.

They pushed.

I guess if you try to catch him you're making yourself a target but otherwise he doesn't appear to be a threat to anyone other than those trying to catch him.

The guy was shooting at police officers .. COP or not if someone shoots at me and drives away you can bet I will be chasing them and returning their lead through the barrel of my gun.
edit on 6/13/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by JBeezy

But having the National Guard involved, does not only violate Posse Comitias, but is what he wants. Check out my earlier reply.
I dont think it violates Posse Comitias beacause i believe (not sure) that he has pretty much declared his independance and engaged in a minor act of war....I think this is what the national guard is for. The army on the other hand might fall under posse comitias. feel free to correct me if im wrong here.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by -W1LL

He shot after they gave chase.

They didn't have to chase.

It's not like bs saw some cops out minding their own business and he just shot at them unprovoked.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Dude enough with the holier than thou b.s. In my perfect world america would still be america and this actually would be a wrong thing to say but thats just not the case. I (among many other people) beleive that the government is corrupt and the police that do their bidding are subjecting themselves to violence from people who have had enough. The best outcome here would be the mass awakening of police across the country but the odds of that are...well, none. I'm fairly certain of whats going to happen in the next few years and im just taking the side of the antigov millitia because in my OPINION they are in the right to some degree, so if you dont like my opinion fine but dont be such a nerd about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBeezy

If he is declaring himself a "sovereign citizen", I really have no problem with that. but if his actions threaten those around him because he "thinks" otherwise. Then I have a problem. Then the law, not the National Guard needs to get involved.

We all saw how Waco turned out. Soldiers are not law enforcement, and when used as such...well, I can't think of a good outcome. Other than preventing looters during an natural catastrophe.

Wishing death upon others is always wrong. And yes, I have been guilty of it myself, but upon retrospection, always regret it.
edit on 13-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join