It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you WANT chemtrails to be real?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

I find it interesting that you couldn't answer the question.

You do? Your question is "Why do you WANT chemtrails to be real?" If I wanted chemtrails to be real, then I would have answered your question. Now maybe you understand my previous comment about using elementary-school-logic to open an adult debate.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

You do? Your question is "Why do you WANT chemtrails to be real?" If I wanted chemtrails to be real, then I would have answered your question. Now maybe you understand my previous comment about using elementary-school-logic to open an adult debate.

I think the elementary logic comes into play when you believe (insert element name; e.g. aluminum) is being sprayed above your head by (insert group/agency/government) for (insert reason) with absolutely no evidence in the form of air, soil, or water tests, not to mention the lack of sprayplanes, spray chemicals, tanks, plumbing, motive, and the millions of people it would require to cover up this conspiracy.

Faith is a dangerous thing, be it in believing a leader, in an invisible man, or in conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Meh it's not worth it. Just let the thread die in a horrible fire
edit on 18-6-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

You have any proof it's not happening? See how that works?

That only works if you deny the rules of logic.

The hypothesis on which this claim rests is that "Chemtrails" exist. "Chemtrails" do not exist is the null hypothesis.

The null hypothesis is not provable. In order to prove it every contrail ever made would have to be tested and shown to not contain materials which cannot be attributed to the combustion of jet fuel. It is possible to prove the root hypothesis. Attempts to do so have failed miserably.

edit on 6/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
You have any proof it's not happening? See how that works?

No, all I see is you pissing on the burden of proof.

I dont support these threads at all, but that line from you is just flawed in more ways than one. You're implying faith is a dangerous thing, but you know than again maybe your right, they tell us to have faith in the USA...but we all know how that works out.

I've also noticed how it works out. Some people have so much faith in the government being out to get them that they don't even believe legal documents supporting our president's birthplace.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Meh it's not worth it. Just let the thread die in a horrible fire
edit on 18-6-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

Did you just realize how logic and the burden of proof works?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Is this one of the many repulsive and intrusive ATS poll threads used for data mining and profiling purposes? Oh yeah...and to answer your question, none of your business.

I find it interesting that you find it interesting that I couldn't answer the question.
edit on 18-6-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I think the elementary logic comes into play when you believe (insert element name; e.g. aluminum) is being sprayed above your head by (insert group/agency/government) for (insert reason) with absolutely no evidence in the form of air, soil, or water tests, not to mention the lack of sprayplanes, spray chemicals, tanks, plumbing, motive, and the millions of people it would require to cover up this conspiracy.

Yeah, I got that the first 495 times you posted it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Is this one of the many repulsive and intrusive ATS poll threads used for data mining and profiling purposes? Oh yeah...and to answer your question, none of your business.

Thanks for the constructive post!

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

I find it interesting that you find it interesting that I couldn't answer the question.

That wasn't directed at you?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Why do you want them to NOT be real - since you spend hours and hours almost exclusively on chemtrail threads daily, you must really want this NOT to be true, because, as has already been established, YOU can't prove they don't exist. Therefore it's simply a question of which hypothesis each person believes.

Actually, it can be proved they do not exist. Or at least, to the degree that many on here claim they are spraying. I.e. "spraying so heavy it left a fog or cloud," etc. For spraying that heavily would leave an obvious toxic soil and water trail that testing in cities daily would find. But they are not found. Ergo, it isn't happening.

Do they seed? Perhaps do some other test here and there? Probably. Of course, it isn't nearly as bad as we do to ourselves with pollution (brown-covered cities - flotillas of plastic waste the size of Texas in our Oceans, ec.) - it's ironic we'd cry about seeding clouds, when most can't live a healthy lifestyle if they tried. Heck, people poison themselves daily with intake of some pretty nasty, bad foods.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It seems that many people enjoy believing (i.e. they WANT to believe) in that "cool alternative" stuff in general -- not only in the idea of chemtrails.

I'm not sure why people are like this, but I think 'topherman' may have been onto something in his/her post on page 1. The idea that some people enjoy the "fight the power" mentality and get some kind of high out of believing that there are mysterious forces out to harm them, and they must constantly fight those mysterious forces to survive.

It may also have something to do with a victim mentality. There are some people who for some strange reason WANT to feel they are being victimized. And what better villain to be victimized by than the all-powerful TPTB (malevolent government).

So why do people actually want to feel like victims? I think it makes some people feel otherwise inclusive if they put themselves in a larger group of other people who are also "under the thumb of TPTB" along with them. I think that's why so many people fall for any conspiracy theory they read on the internet without any good evidence backing up that conspiracy theory. They are so quick follow the flock in believing these conspiracy theories because it becomes a "little people fighting the big people" struggle, which often evokes good feelings.

That's just my $ 0.02

edit on 8/21/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Here we go again....

second line...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
interesting thing is these threads draw the same people,
debunkers who would "know" this is not real
people who "know" for them selves (eye witness)
and neither can convince each other,
i watch these threads from a distence to see "who" is posting and "why"

when i see a debunker using exactly the same grammer and posting style as another debunker,
i make notes on how the debunker responds and even "how" they quote others remarks and how they respond,

in this instence i can see that the proof asked for will never be good enough,
because one of the debunkers is using a well laid tecnique of show me proof,
and using a miriad of preconcieved answers to deflect from the acual topic,

i would like to point out that multipul accounts are a violation of t+c
and "ONLY" GOVENMENT AGENCIES HAVE THE ABILITY to circumvent the rules here without being cast out,

so in conclusion if chem trails are real the govenment WOULD have to keep it under wraps,
and this necesates "sock puppet" account holders to spam the begining of a thread so any reader loses interest
and the thread is destroyed.

any topic that has too many "obvious" "sock puppet" type posts are obviously an interesting source to find these "paid" debunkers and detect their style and posting habits,

one interesting thing is some of these accounts only post to subjects like haarp chemtrails GMO food ect,

the white house has already told the people that they are going to combat conspiracies,

and the cyber command has asked for a program to help agents have many many accounts to sway public opinion.

when asked about chem trails i would give the scientific answer,
govenments around the world have amitted spraying their populations with all sorts of chemicals,
and then moniter the hospitals for numbers effected,

to deny this is folly as new zealand has realeased proof of spray testing in the early 60s
now to say that govenments all of a sudden got a concience is laughable,

and to beleive that this spray testing has been halted because our govenments have suddenly gained a concience is also very laughable

to mabey
you are obvious and are not really interested inh this topic,
i hope you are well paid as you will be judged for your actions in a way that you dont expect

chemtrails are scary for people who think the govenment would never experiment on them,
well guess what,
your govenment paid disinfo will not stop the chems from falling on your food and family,

are you so niaeve to believe that you will be speared when your usfulness has ended?

sock puppets be gone

xploder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

when i see a debunker using exactly the same grammer and posting style as another debunker,
i make notes on how the debunker responds and even "how" they quote others remarks and how they respond,

in this instence i can see that the proof asked for will never be good enough,
because one of the debunkers is using a well laid tecnique of show me proof,
and using a miriad of preconcieved answers to deflect from the acual topic,

i would like to point out that multipul accounts are a violation of t+c
and "ONLY" GOVENMENT AGENCIES HAVE THE ABILITY to circumvent the rules here without being cast out,

ROFL - you can't imagine anyone vreating different accounts on different computers from different cyber-cafe's??

so in conclusion if chem trails are real the govenment WOULD have to keep it under wraps,
and this necesates "sock puppet" account holders to spam the begining of a thread so any reader loses interest
and the thread is destroyed.

Well given that I see multiple believers posting the same rubbish time and time again I ahve to conclude that they are actually robots since they do not bother evaluating evidence at all.

And since only the government could create so many robots I have to conclude that he Government is actually supportign hte chemtrail hoax.

Which makes me think that they are doing so to cover up somethign else.

So Mr Robot - what is it that the Govt is giving you your electrongs to cover up on its behalf??

the white house has already told the people that they are going to combat conspiracies,

And I reckon they are doing so by making treally stupid posts in favour of the conspiracies to destroy any credibility that might actually exist.

And by creating conspiracies liek "chemtrails" where ther isn't actually anyevidence at all - then conspiracy believers all support it, and look like dorks.

[quoete]and the cyber command has asked for a program to help agents have many many accounts to sway public opinion.

Yep - see - it's cyber - all the so-called chemtrail supporters, all posting the same junk, all supposedly "believing" something that has no evidence for it actually existing - it could only be computers supporting chemtrails!

when asked about chem trails i would give the scientific answer,
govenments around the world have amitted spraying their populations with all sorts of chemicals,
and then moniter the hospitals for numbers effected,

AFAIK they have "sprayed" a couple of substances, and tested to see where those substances went to - I'm unaware of any hospitalisations at all.

to deny this is folly as new zealand has realeased proof of spray testing in the early 60s

Right - so you should be able to show us that evidence then??

Whereas the ACTUAL evidence of various programmes is well knwon, and in the public domain, and even on YT from the UK and USA - search for Porton Down, Operation Dew, etc.

and to beleive that this spray testing has been halted because our govenments have suddenly gained a concience is also very laughable

Who said anything about conscience??

They stopped doing it 30+ years ago because they weren;t getting any good results from it.

your govenment paid disinfo will not stop the chems from falling on your food and family,

What chems?? Nothign has ever been found that is remotely connected to anythign that you guys suggest - where aer all thse chemicals?? why can't you actually find any in the air??

are you so niaeve to believe that you will be speared when your usfulness has ended?

At least he's not so naieve as to bdelieve something is happening when ther isn't one single bit of verifiable evidence that it even exists!!

sock puppets be gone

xploder

sorry to see you go!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I have never doubted that spraying could be done, and in the past has been done on small levels. I have very little doubt that sometime in the past, small-scale spraying of chemicals may have been done above the heads of an unsuspecting public.

HOWEVER, I don't believe the current chemtrail hypothesis that is alleging that poisonous spraying is being done on an ultra-wide scale basis, and that persistent contrails are actually chemicals that have been deliberately sprayed for nefarious reasons.

There is no evidence of this, and certainly the vapor trails coming from high-altitude airplanes is by no means evidence whatsoever.

edit on 8/21/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: speeellling, and, grammar

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i wounder if you are really saying that a conspiracy site such as this would have a lack of "beleivers"
cause if you are you are ass backwards,
in my opinion people here would more inclined to beleive hence conspiracy site,
so the decenters or debunkers would be "obviously" more likly to be diss info

your point here is that there is not enough belivers to hold up the end of the debate so the govenment sends in "belivers"
rofl
thanks bro thats some funney stuff right there.

i would ask you one direct question to see if you can follow logic

if the military or govenment was spaying
would they tell you?
and if they wouldnt how would they keep it seceret?

simple,
anytime anyone says anything,
sock puppet the thread untill derailed,

i personally have been watching now for months without posting so i can "match" posting styles,
they are like finger prints in a way and people who have an agenda "stick out" and i realise there are agendas on both sides but i can see a concerted effeort to attack certain thread topics and certain members.

there is no real debate on this topic as anyone who does a good job is attacked from mulitipul accounts

this is a tactic of group "thought"

if everyone says the emporer has clothes a single man will think twice about stating the emporer has no clothes,

this thread is a perfect example of why some have given up on even starting chem threads,
because this is exactly the aim of the sick pupperts.

i have waited for months to be sure the posting style is enough of a give away for me to even mention it.

but the manipulation of members and thread topics is now so obvoius to me that i feel it is my duty to say something.

to the op
you have no interest in the subject except to troll,
do it somewhere else

chemtrails are real "because" the diss info is so strong
and because the posting style of some members is identical
i consider this a topic to bury
and look it is happening right now

look at the personal attacks that will surly follow my post

xplodr

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

They stopped doing it 30+ years ago because they weren;t getting any good results from it.

i will now play your game

show me proof they stopped
you cant can you?

this is the exact tactic used to derail the threads on these topics

proof it has stoped or its still happening
lol
i love to turn the tables

xploder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by XPLodER

I have never doubted that spraying could be done, and in the past has been done on small levels. I have very little doubt that sometime in the past, small-scale spraying of chemicals may have been done above the heads of an unsuspecting public.

HOWEVER, I don't believe the current chemtrail hypothesis that is alleging that poisonous spraying is being done on an ultra-wide scale basis, and that persistent contrails are actually chemicals that have been deliberately sprayed for nefarious reasons.

There is no evidence of this, and certainly the vapor trails coming from high-altitude airplanes is by no means evidence whatsoever.

edit on 8/21/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: speeellling, and, grammar

ok so history shows us that govenments (mine i know for a fact) have done this before on a "small" scale,
auckland is proberly small in your books but it is our largest city.

so if small scale operations were present in the 60s,
where is the proof that these operations havent got bigger more complex and more "hidden"
we waited thirty years to here what was done in the sixties,

it was considered national security at the time,
what would stop the spaying now if they are more experienced better funded and national security can be used to hide it.

are you so niave to think that the govenments have not got better at hiding what they are doing,
history repeates its just the scales that are different

xploder

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I don't want to dignify the question because it insinuates that you are able to read the minds of people that are concerned with maybe the simple truth that regardlesss of the content contained in the spray that comes from the aircraft, we have a right to a clear unobstructed sky!!! Why are you so against This God Given Right?

Thx for the thread!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join