It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think My Comic Book Predicted the Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
ok so here is the story thus far . while i was looking thru some old comics i have not read since the 90's when i stumbled upon X_Farce. it is a parody of marvels "X-Force" and it was written by Don Chin and published in 1992 by Eclipse. so i am flipping thru it and it slaps me in the face with one panel. now since i have no camera the only way to see for yourself is to spend the 2 dollars and order a copy, but in this panel is a cartoon terminator with the text bubble saying "ill be back...as governor" . and thats it just that 1 panel . so far its the only panel i can find that refers to the real world future.

now wiki says he was asked about the possibility of running for an office as early as 1999. according to Arnolds filmograghy in 1992 he was right between the movies Terminator 2 in 1991 and Last Action Hero ( ugg ) in 1993. one of which would get you elected one of which would get you impeached faster than a black president getting a bj in an escalade while getting golf clubs thrown at him by his wife.

here is a short article about Don Chin. (im pretty sure this is the right one) he was a political cartoonist and most of the comic books he published in that time frame were successful in some form or another . and as a strange happenstance he wrote the Stargate comic book adaptation from the film and edits the Stargate graphic novels as late as 2006.

so seeing as i was only 13 or so when this comic was written does anyone else have insight into when Arnold was first talked about as being a candidate for governor earlier than 1999? or did this comic book predict the election of Arnold 10 years prior? either way i have been laughing about this all day.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

Heh, that's pretty cool, and I'll take your word for it that it actually says that, but honestly it's probably just a lucky guess. I'd really need to see the context of all the previous panels prior to him saying that line to make an accurate judgement, but I doubt the artist knew the future.

Unless Arnold Schwarzenegger marries Shirley Temple Black, I wouldn't think anyone was predicting the future, jokingly or not

(For those who don't get that last line, Dave Chappelle did a skit on his show a few years back with Negrodamus, played by Paul Mooney; in it, he predicted that Schwarzenegger would divorce his wife and marry Shirley Temple Black, and she would be known as Shirly Temple Black-negger).

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I've got another one for you. Sometime around 1992-93ish Mad Magazine did a blurb about Dan Rather retiring and Geraldo Rivera stepping up to reporting the news. About 10 years later, I turn on Fox News and who do I see?? LOL.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well...wait until you have President Schwartzenegger! According to the movie "Demolition Man", he became President of the US due to his popularity and the 61st amendment. Here's the dialogue from the movie between Sylvester Stallone and Sandra Bullock as she was telling him what had happened since he had been "frozen" for 30 years....

Stallone: "Hold it! The Schwarzenegger Library?"
Bullock: "Yes, the Schwarzenegger Presidential Library. Wasn't he an actor?"
Stallone: "Stop! He was President?"
Bullock: "Yes. Even though he was not born in this country, his popularity at the time caused the 61st Amendment…"

So if movies, Simpsons episodes and comic books are predicting the future, Schwartzenegger will be president sometime pretty soon since this movie takes place in 2032. The movie was made in 1993 (I think).

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Watch the video of Swarzenagar smoking weed long long ago.......he says something like "its not like i'll be governor"

Thats where the political cartoonist came up with it.

Didn't you know Arnold was filmed smoking weed?

new topics

top topics

join