It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dream Within a Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good afternoon ATS community,

I'd like to open by stating this is my 2nd thread. Ever. (My introduction was my 1st
). I'd also like to point out that during the past 8 months or so, these kinds of dreams have been occurring more often, and with more intensity, so after waking from each one, I immediately write down every detail I can remember. I've NEVER in my life woken up from a dream, but still been asleep/dreaming (a dream within a dream). I don't know how exactly to start so I guess I'll just get right into it.

I feel asleep this morning (9 June, 2011) a little after 2:15AM, it wasn't long before I drifted into a peaceful slumber...or so I thought:

I awoke abruptly in my bed to the sound of sirens, and immediately sprang up and out my bedroom door. To my surprise, I wasn't standing in the hallway, or in my house, or even in my own town. I was standing on the sidewalk of a ritzy, upper class neighborhood.

My first impulse was to look to the sky, and as I did so, I caught a glimpse of what looked like a B-52 Stealth bomber flying overhead, high up, but close enough that I somehow "knew" what it was. It was calm. There were no other people on the street. I was alone. After a few seconds, I could start to hear the familiar "Zeeeeeeeeeeee" that heralds the coming of an air-dropped bomb. After a few more tense moments, there was a flash, brighter than staring directly into the Sun, then I could see the mushroom cloud... I instantly thought "That's WAY too close!", and after a few more seconds (is time even a factor in dreams?) I was absolutely obliterated by a wave of intense heat...

I woke up in my bed, covered in a cold sweat, thinking to myself "What the # just happened?!!" Before I could make any sense of what just played through my mind, sirens started to sound outside. Again, I sprang from my bed and rushed out the door. I was standing on the same sidewalk, in the same neighborhood. My first thought was "NOT AGAIN?!" Once again I looked to the sky, and saw the same plane from before. Once again, I could hear the "Zeeeeeeeeee" sound, but this time, as the mushroom cloud began to rise in the distance, I closed my eyes and started repeating to my self "NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!"

I awoke for real, in my bed, in my own house, in my neighborhood, covered in sweat, shaking from head to toe.

I've never been in this kind of situation before in my dreams. I don't know how to even begin picking apart the details. Where was I? Why was nobody else around? Where did the plane originate? WHY was it dropping a nuclear warhead? Was I lucid dreaming? I'm still scratching my head......

Common sense tells me I forgot to take off my tinfoil hat before I fell asleep

Logic tells me it was just my imagination being far too active
My instincts tell me, due to the recurring dreams I've been having, there just may be something deeper to all of this...who knows for sure?

I leave this open to discussion, I'd love to hear everyone's opinions. I only ask that you Trolls stay under your bridges, and keep the rude, nasty comments to minimum

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sometimes you can sit on conspiracy sites too much, I had a dream once that I was with David Tennant's doctor and I told him to take me to 2012. and then I woke up.
Thank god, I woke up if not I probably would've torn my hair out and fled up the street.
Depends on what you read here too, sometimes it could be an entrance into a past life or something like that. Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SheepleHerder153

what you had is called a false awakening, or a dream within a dream. its sounds like you did not have a lucid dream because you would have had to know it was a dream while you were dreaming. as far as the dream, look at what is going on in your waking life and see if it matches

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

See, at first I was thinking the same thing. I do read some ATS nightly to help me get drowsy, but I didn't read anything last night about stealth bombers or nuclear attacks or anything of the sort. Just a random, weird dream I suppose.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SheepleHerder153

if you are really interested in lucid dreaming you should check out this site

www.dreamviews.com...

ton of great info about dream

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just a few days ago I had a dream within a dream. It was so strange and has happened only once before, several years ago. It was so trippy I dont remember anything about it except for the fact that I thought I woke up and then I woke up again and was like, what??

new topics

top topics

join