It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Synchronicity - An Experiment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
reply to post by falseveils

Basically you have a 10% chance of seeing those numbers. You experience confirmation bias, apparently it doesn't stick out to you when you see 2:35, but 2:33 is shocking!

Synchronicity is bull.

I guess it was a matter of time, huh? (no pun intended
)

Well, this is the only "synchronicity is bull" post I intend to reply to in this thread, because it has the potential to derail the thread massively.

For me it all began when I started meditating. At first, I started seeing the clock at strange times, like 11:11, 22:22, 3:33, 12:34, etc.. Didn't make much of it at first, but as I continued to meditate more and more it only got more intense.

Now, at the time for some reason, to this day unknown to me, the clock on my computer kept getting off.. and my phone clock was 1-12am/pm (not 0-24). I also had a wrist watch. When I was meditating regularly I saw 11:11 3-4 times A DAY. Now.. tell me that's normal. I mean really, what are the chances of that? And I wasn't always staring at the clock either, although that's what one would expect to do when being baffled by these strange "coincidences". Only then did I google the thing and learn that many people were experiencing this.

As I started to meditate less and less regularly, the less I saw the 11:11 (or any other weird numbers, for that matter). When I stopped meditating at all I almost never saw it. In fact, as I randomly saw it was 11:xx (before :11), I gazed at the clock, wondering if I would see it. But, oddly enough, most of the time my mind drifted away and the next time I took a look it was past 11:11.

This is why I believe there is something weird about the whole phenomenon. Now, I COMPLETELY, TOTALLY understand why someone who hasn't experienced something like this would have a hard time believing there is something to it. I understand you. Hell, I wouldn't have believed it before. My paradigm wouldn't have allowed there to be any meaning for such a phenomenon.

Now, the meditation-synchronicity relationship has been pretty consistent for me, personally. And when I did meditation it was rarely for 5-10 minutes.. it was DEEP meditation. Quite overwhelming at times.

Also, later on, other actions have triggered significantly more intense periods of synchronicity for me. In general, it has to do with my state of mind.

I don't feel I really know what the phenomenon is all about, I consider everyone to be full of **** about everything, until my direct experience confirms something. So I take it with a grain of salt when everyone tries to shove "It's your Higher Mind telling you you're in alignment" stuff. Could be.. I don't know.. yet.

None the less, I have experienced enough to be quite sure it's not just the "if you look for a number, you'll find it everywhere in nature" **** either. I didn't find it! It found me!

edit on 9-6-2011 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbya911

Originally posted by josh2009s
When I read about glancing at clocks, mine read 4:44.

Mine was 6:36 and I have the 9:11 and 11:11 alot..I love the mystery of numbers..great tread..I will try to participate with this kool idea!..Lets Get It Started

Just to throw it out there.. from previous threads I've had on other boards and discussions with random people who have experienced the phenomenon, here is a list of the most common numbers experienced:

11:11, 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 12:34, 9:11, 3:14 (

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I often found my synchronicities would "synchronize" with one of my friends, and we would both experience clusters of synchronicity at the same time. That said, this project is a difficult one, as there are a whole range of synchronicities, from the minute ("I was just thinking about that!") that occur every day to the enormous and mind blowing. The other issue is that a lot of synchronicity flies over your head. There's a lot going on that we don't notice. So just because someone noticed a synchronicity, it doesn't mean it wasn't happening at other times also.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hey, MODs, could you move the thread to Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics, if you would please?

The thread isn't exactly a personal account, sorry for posting here..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join