It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Code predictions.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A couple of notes to comment on some previous threads.

The Bible has in fact seen little change in the past 2,000 years. The dead sea scrolls verify the startling lack of change. That is not say that Translations from the ancient manuscripts are often bad, different, and confusing. The Book of Isaiah was found to have no changes when the DSS of Isaiah was found.

With that said, the program is run off of the Hebrew, not English text, at least in the programs run by Drosnin. It is interesting to note, that while looking at events that have occurred the code is remarkably accurate, looking forward is like finding a needle in a haystack a thousand cubic miles large.

So what is the point of the code? I believe that if it is demonstrated that the code is valid (of which I have reached no conclusion) then we should really be concerned about what it reads in real time.

Ciao

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

How can words and codes be found in a document that has been translated and rewriten a few 1000 times since its original form?

The Torah has not been changed in 5,000 years and that is why it works. If other versions of the bible are being used, I would question the reliability of the predictions. Only the jewish torah works. I do believe that the nuclear holocaust will begin during 2006 just like the torah(bible) predicts.
This is a good thread if you can remember the above requirement for reporting any new bible code predictions and I for one would look for new predictions regularly.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I often open myself up to much criticism from people I know for being pretty much a fatalist (really just an excuse for getting me out of making decisions, or is it? [& they all believe in free will anyway]). Now, if the future can be predicted, then must it not have already happened or definitely going to happen? If it had not already happened, or was not due to happen then could you predict it? Therefore, is there any such thing as free will? Is there any point in making a decision? It� really just a side line to the bible codes, or any kind of future prediction, but, as I said earlier, I am for certain reasons a fatalist, so I believe in prediction being possible. I am sceptical about the bible codes because I have not seen enough to convince me. They need to clearly predict events that have not yet happened.
What does the populous think?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Rabin's assassination was predicted by Drosnin by utilizing the Bible Code.

Like JFK he didnt heed the warning (Dixon)

So you naysayers who decry this as junk should perhaps take another look.

It is my opinion we are indeed living in the "End Times".

www.israelnn.com... Link added

www.israelnationalradio.com...

[edit on 15-8-2004 by mr best yet]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'd agree with the Bible Codex. As mentioned earlier, the Code runs off the first five books, the Torah... and it doesn't use the wordings from modern day translations, but uses the actual, origional, texts. Also, as mentioned earlier, it is easier to see the past events than the future, because they researchers don't know what words/phrases to be looking for...

In the case of Rabin, yes... that event was found, I think, mere months before his assassination (code stated Rabin-Assassin will be Assassinated)... the researchers went to Rabin, showed him the texts, but he scoffed at the idea.

With regards to the findings from Moby Dick, yes... there have been phrases located there as well... but not in the same numbers! The people who do not believe in the Bible Code always mention Moby Dick, but they never mention the statistics, on that ANY book can be found messages... but the sheer numbers of sentences/phrases in the Bible goes beyond what statistics account for. Then, too, are the patterns, the groupings, the tightness of words within a certian sized space... there is just too much within the Bible Code!

The difference between the Bible Code and Nostradumas is simple... the Bible Code gives specifics... times/names/events/locations. Nostradumas' never had any of those, just loosely fitted poems which could be used to describe anything (that is why Nostradumas is not a future seeing prophet... nothing he wrote tells anything).

And yes, there have been other future events found in the Codex... go to www.exodus2006.com... and click on the link for Bible Codes.

Oh! Don't forget the Codex that talked about the latest shuttle disaster... how the Code even showed a representation of the shuttle... and the left wing contained the message "on fire"...

There have been so many documentated results from the Code, each one interesting... but anyway, yes, I believe in the Code.

The funny thing? I don't believe in the Hebrew God. How's that for contradiction?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It would be so much easier to prove or disprove the Bible Code theory if we all could read ancient Hebrew.

To me, I only have the word of the people who wrote the books that a particular word in Hebrew means Kennedy, etc.

- Was

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
hmmm correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Drosnin also find a prediction about a nuclear holocaust in Israel in 1996 (?) that didn't come true? There was also something about events in the year 2000 that never happened. I've read his first book a while ago, I don't remember all the details.

I think he also said the predictions are only POSSIBLE events, not certain ones, it can still be changed.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin004
Now, if the future can be predicted, then must it not have already happened or definitely going to happen? What does the populous think?

I really don't know anything about the Bible codes, but I do think that the Bible is already a very profound tissue of documents by which the ancients endeavored to pass along thier wisdom to succeeding generations. I wish we could just take the texts as they are and stop trying to read into them more than we really need to know. This has been going on for millenia.

With regard to the future, I think you can predict the future based on what has already happened. The devil is in the details. For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction. You might note that we predict with a remarkable degree of accuracy the weather. The track of hurricane Charley was predicted with remarkable accuracy and had forcasters the instruments or the ability to isolate all the variables, then that prediction might have been more accurate. And that's the problem, isolating all the variables.

Having studied the I Ching for many years, which is to say applying it to my life, I have found that it can do a very good job of predicting, but one must remember that the I Ching doesn't so much tell what will happen, as tell what one must do in the situations that will develop out of the time, so that the consultant can control his future. It tells not so much what will be as much as how one must act.

The real question, in my opinion, is not whether the Bible code is real or not, it is whether it can be put to good use by the average individual to help us avoid calamity. I guess that remains to be seen.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You are correct... there was an account of a nuclear devistation for Isreal, and that it does announce probabilities. I thikn there were three different dates for the Isreal account.

Even with the "End of Times" acount with the comment, it gives three dates... 2006, 2008, and 2014. I think, if I remember the explaination right, we have the ability to change an event, or prolong it... but it'll still happen.

I always wondered about that, though... we have free will, and can do what we want, but our lives are pre-ordained? Then, I think about it some more... we DO have free reign on our lives, but there are some things that must happen... we can take detours to avoid, say, a nuke holocaust... but eventually, we'll still hit that pot hole.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Infinite, can you pull up some bible code predictions that have not happened yet? I would like to see if they can come up with something before the fact, not after the fact. Id be very interested.

Sure, here are one for 2006, the only bible one on the site. It states a nuclear holocaust for 2006.

2006:
bullet Michael Drosnin predicted in his book "The Bible Code II" that "the Bible code clearly states the danger in modern terms- 'atomic holocaust' and 'World War' are both encoded in the Bible. And both are encoded with the same year, 2006." Amazon.com visitors who review the book give it a rather low rating: 2.5 stars out of 5. 6
bullet Annie Stanton predicts that a 14.4 mile long asteroid will collide with the earth. Jesus will arrive and a 1000 year period of peace will start.
bullet According to an E-mail that we received, the writer believes that "666," the number of the beast mentioned in the biblical book of Revelation, is really a date: 06/06/06 or 2006-JUN-6. He expects the rapture and start of the tribulation on that date.

www.religioustolerance.org...

This next link contains a collection of codes and has pictures of the codes in the hebrew edition of the bible. All codes are explained. Hope this helps Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

exodus2006.com...

[edit on 15-8-2004 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed....

exodus2006.com...

that this site has the sixth seal being opened in 2006, and the fifth being opened in 2012? Aren't they supposed to be consecutive? Are we going backwards in time or what?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
Has anyone else noticed....
exodus2006.com...

I don't know about this. It seems to easy to be manipulated by this and beyond that I just don't see why there should be a code in the bible or any other text. This whole thing fails the parsimony test.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The future is there, but not accessible. Even in Drosnin's book, the Rabin threat had more detail available after the fact. There is no possiblity to ask the right questions in the right way to get the future.

The voracity of prophecy reading the Bible in the normal fashion is the test one should be interested in. And there are a few left unfullfilled.

I believe that the code may have some validity, but I firmly believe that it is a distraction at best, and can be capriciously manipulated by unscrupulous men and women.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I aint to sure on this bible code thing it is kinda interesting though. I must admit i noticed in the code the year 2006 looks set to be a very rough year i suppose we will have to wait and see. Cheerio im off to build a nuclear bunker ready for 2006.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hi to all
I am sory j2ts2 the alephbet is invented by the man called ESDRAS,
when hie comeback from BABILON. 5000 YEARS.....

regards chapo

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapo
Hi to all
I am sory j2ts2 the alephbet is invented by the man called ESDRAS,
when hie comeback from BABILON. 5000 YEARS.....

regards chapo

Translation:

Hi to all.
I am sorry, j2ts2. The alphebet was invented by a man named Esdras, after he came out of Babylon.

But seriously...

The Bible Code is based off of the original Torah scrolls, their language, their words. Any bible-code programs you find and download will have the Bible as it was written all those years ago.

Granted word meanings change over the years, but these are the original workings here, not some New King James or New Revised version.

And that, in itself, is interesting...

The original scrolls were written with no spacing, no punctuation... no division between words... just one long word, from beginning to end.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It is easy to sight a prediction about major events using numerology if you are looking for something specifically. If you think of a random number, you will probably be able to see a direct link with that number to things that you come across in day to day life. Not that this should debunk the Idea of the bible code but.... a book was relased called "Bible Code" detailing how the original scipture contained numerical links to events that will occur upto and exceeding the destruction of human kind as we currently know it... but then felt the need to release "bible code2" showing that the original obviously had enough flaws to bring out another book thus countering much of the information given in the previous link... do you think that we will have a numerilogical breakthough by the relase of "bible code 23" or will it all be too late by then.... what we must understand is that humans think in a numerical format... we base our science around numeroligy and rely upon our tools of modern day (eg computers) that function purely on numerics... we have a belief therefore that religion is also based around numeroligy because that is the way our brains have been programmed to work... is it therefore not possible that it is purley just a case of human kind looking for salvation in the one base format that existance has it structure reliant on? why would "god" make it so difficult for us to understand if we were mean't to have such information... surely if we were not mean't to know then we would never have been made privvy to this.... you must also keep in mind that religion was more than likely introduced into society to stop us from going insane with the fact that after death there is nothing but oblivion.. if all human existance accepted this then none of us would give a damb about the effects of our day-to-day acts and there would be total chaos.. religion is the creation of man to stop us from going insane and to keep us in order.. people these days are losing faith in religion and therefore try to justify there existance in other ways... eg. Extra terrestrial life... if something happens that cannot be explain... extra-terrestrials/divine intervention or whatever your belief system is. It is easy to make prediction about things such as a political leader maybe assasinated.. but the majority of the American leaders have had assiasination attempts made upon them.. this is an obvious thing to look out for. Unless some proof beyond a shadow of a doubt were to happen, why should we only accpet the religions that have already been presented to us... is it write to select the best of a bad bunch. If there is a "one true religion" then why is there no current evidence to show this.. we are taking a story of 'chinese whispers' and basing a belief system around this. The intention behind this is good but the fact that in a modern day world it has done more harm than good must represent that religion is pruely a tool that has been used to breaking point and has now broken and being used as a weapon... scare people into a religion or when you die you will go to "hell"... surely upon death all sins are forgiven? this is straying off the point a bit I am sure but in order to believe the hidden numerology within the anchient scriptures you have to first confirm the validity of the source of the scripture... for all we know, many religious scriptures are just a representation of an idealism and are therefore a story... in thousands of years time a religion may be based up on a saviour called Harry Potter... I mean there was of course the heavens gate cult in which the lives of many people were lost through the sheer belief of one persons prophecies.. they believed he was write and I am sure the leader did too...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think the idea of the bible codes is a dump truck load of crap. from what I have seen they can only show events that have already happened in history, they cannot accurately predict the future. Thats because they setup their algorthim so that it will find things.

Didn't they basically show that they can find just about whatever they want in any large body of text. I remember them showing all the stuff they found in Moby Dick, does that mean that Herman Melville had a Moby Dick code in mind when he wrote it?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Bible codes are a hoaX. big money spinner$ for the code authors.

the fact is with the Laws of mathematical probabilities and permutations - you can churn out any outcome you want if you churn hard enough using computers.
ie.e you can't do it fast enough without a computer.

Someone from Melbouurne University has already got a definitive answer using Moby Dick instead of the bible and he got "Elvis sighted in Frankston Seven Eleven"

Bible Codes are not credible to say the least.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I am intrigued by the repeating "TORAH" and Jehovah and all that, but beyond that it's a little too difficult to find out anything really useful. You really have to know what you are looking for beforehand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join