It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Jesus cast out a demon of epilepsy in the Bible. I know a woman who suffered from epilepsy and she believed that the "demon" could be cast out and so went to a church service to have this done. It didn't work, and she eventually died from the disorder. She never sought medical treatment. Today epilepsy is treated and well controlled with medication. Homosexuality was considered a "sin" and an "abomination" because it was not understood. My point is that the Bible was written by men who had no clue about physical disorders, or sexual orientation.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Homosexuality is as much a choice as drug use is a choice.
But do choices exist? I believe not.
If choices do exist, homosexuality is our (god given) right.
If choices don't exist, there is no point really in chasing people around for what they are destined to do.
But then I can't blame you for bashing gays since you were ment to do that as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DB340

You are assuming that evolution happens by reproduction only.
But there is a lot more to it.
Gays have ideas too. They are allowed to have jobs nowadays I heard, so they can contribute to society.
They can write books, and in my country we even had one big in politics (Pim Fortuyn).
So maybe you like to reconsider your ideas.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by martiendejong2

You're doing what the other responder does: take the weak parts and ignore useful information. Why not read my comment properly and see that I wrote I have no problem with gays and that my life revolves around people?

I have no inferiority/superiority complex, either. Some people just need to open their brains (not so it falls out) and realise that humans are soft people and we accept everything (we can't POSSIBLY say something offensive, oh dear God no!!!!), so of course, problems arise.

Being outspoken and intelligently-spoken is one thing, being an internet troll and writing unrelated BS is another. Picking out nonsense and responding with unrelated comments just for the fun of it, puts some people into the latter, whereas I try to fall into the former.

Sometimes people speak up and others who are set in their ways do not like it. I'll give you a moment to open your eyes, slowly (I know it can hurt a little bit after being closed for so long) and read my words properly...

"I am not against gays. The mere fact of being genetically gay means you will 99.9% not reproduce. Whether this is nature's (quite clever) way of reducing growth (why would it do that? - weak argument as far as I'm conerned) or simply an error in genetics after conception and before birth, a gay person is gay and, having spent the last 30 minutes reading gay websites about why people are gay, the huge majority say it was not a choice but "the right feeling" or "the right thing to do" - something they felt from childhood and didn't understand for years and years"

Clear?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Originally posted by Doctor Dali Deth
Choice or not, I believe homosexuality is akin to mental retardation, only gays are far more protected by the left wing media.

Woops...

with a higher average IQ and income, gay people are "akin to mental retardation"...

... where does that leave straight men exactly?

You're not really a doctor, are you?

Source
edit on 3-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

Where are your stats to back up your ridiculous ASSumption? And again, I didn't say gays were retarded. Seems the fag-backers are pretty stupid after all.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DB340
But you seem to want to 'pick a fight' with anything I write. Is that how you behave in life? Pick the weakest of the crowd and have a good, easy go at them?

It's typically how you might expect people to respond to you when you tell them they are wrong before they even say anything.

Genetics causes homosexuality in a lot of species (over 1500 - source: Biological Exuberance, Bruce Bagemihl, 1999). For each case, it is a genetic 'error'. The reasons for this 'error' are yet to be confirmed but it doesn't change what I have written since my very first response: gays are gay whether you like it or not; so accept it (like I do). I may find the sexual behaviour revolting (male sexual acts, man-on-man kissing, holding hands) but that doesn't and won't change anything because I know that they cannot help it, or change their genetics.

How can something that is reoccurring over the course of such an ancient planet be an "error"? how come it is proven to change and help balance population density in tested species of animals? Why do you keep saying the same thing and not acknowledging my legitimate argument against this? Because "You are right"? "These are facts"? Sorry, NO, not good enough. We have a word for this here on ATS, you know.

Why do you have such a problem with me when I am simply stating facts?

Because....

They aren't facts...

...just because you say so...

...get it?

(and yes, it seems one reason is to control a population... but that just goes in favour of my factual comment that gays stop evolution of a species!)

which means that it is not an error, or defect, but a natural anomoly that is simply adverse to the average 96% of the population's sexual activities..

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
One thing to consider - assuming that being gay is genetic, then the more tolerant society is towards gay people, the less gay people there will be, because they will not be forced to act like straight people, having families and passing on their genes. Indeed, intolerance towards homosexuals may be the main reason why they have not died out long ago, assuming it is genetic.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

... and which in turn means that it goes against the grain. According to the dictionary; an error is: the condition of deviating from accuracy or correctness, as in belief, action, or speech.

We can apply this to homosexuality, can we not?

The history of the word 'error', is also interesting: error, c.1300, "a wandering, straying, mistake," from errare "to wander" (see err). Words for "error" in most I.E. languages originally meant "wander, go astray"

Again, we can apply this to the homosexual 'error', no?

I understand why you say that it cannot be an error because it has repeated over thousands of years in many species (as we learn from our source
), but I fear that you think either I have something against gays (which I have categorically stated more than once, is not the case), or that I have a God-like complex. Neither is true.

Observably, homosexuality results in non-reproduction. For this reason, if we 'soft' generation of Earthlings encourage it (such as gay marriage and gay adoption), surely it can only expand, no? I'm sure our world will not be taken over by homosexuals (we'd die out before that could technically happen, right?), let's not be silly and exagerate to extremes, but to deny this is to deny an obvious fact; not my opinion, but a fact. Good luck living on another planet full of men! How many generations will it la... oh, one.

Now for goodness sake, if I take the topic title into consideration, Being Gay is a Gift from God, it is no doubt the church's way of welcoming all kinds of people. I support that.

However, on the side and completely irrelevent I am aware, is my opinion that I find gay behaviour (the exagerated silly walking and talking type), vile. But I don't lose sleep over it and I never reflect my opinions in society, with or without gay people present.

Can we leave it at that? Or not...
edit on 3-6-2011 by DB340 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

As a gay man I can tell you that being gay is no choice. This argument is getting really old!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xandyr101

I thank you for writing that. For my own interest, would you mind commenting on my previous responses? Please read them because I value your input on this subject.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
ATS is so funny, same with you bible belt christians.

If everyone lived their lives by only what the bible said, this world would be in ruins by now.

What I want to know is

Why is EVERYBODY so ignorant towards the gays?

I believe people should be against sexism, that is the problem here. When YOU tell another man they are WRONG because they are not like YOU, YOU are the pathetic one here.

We are no different from dogs, humans are clearly animals. This thread is evidence.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
They believe that because they're stupid. It is not a gift from God as scripture clearly shows.
But they don't follow scripture and therefore are not part of the church of Christ. " They went out from us but were not of us"
Sexual immorality was punishable in the O.T and it's punishable by God now.

Just look at what homosexuality has done to those in Thailand. They have a high hiv/aids rate.
The human race cannot progress without procreation. Homosexuality is not natural and goes against nature. People that have abnormal feelings need help, not to be brainwashed into thinking they're normal. It is an abomination.

People that say we're an animal are stupid. Animal's don't have hate, religion or politics. Animal's behave on instinct. We as human's have the ability to decide not to do this or that.
We are far more advanced than an animal. To buy into the notion that we're evolved from an animal just shows how naieve and gullible you are.
If we are truly an animal, then you can't say what is right or wrong. So where do you get off bashing Christians? You are a hypocrite and you don't know what you believe!
edit on 3-6-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
3 most common micsonceptions about homosexuality:

1. it's hereditary
a coworker once claimed years ago (I bet he still does, poor guy) that homoxuality is hereditary... I tried to hint at the obvious problem of sexual reproduction but he wouldn't listen...

2. it's contagious
that's a persistent one... especially among ugly guys... sigh... ok, it's not contagious... take my word for it... I have gay friends for years and I am still married (to a woman) and no, I am not planning to change that...

3. it's a sin
yeah right... Jimmy Swaggart was famous for this one and said he would kill gays for their sins.
I must have overlooked that part when I read the 10 commandments the last time... what I read instead was "You shall not commit adultery". Now isn't that interesting, Jimmy?
edit on 3/6/11 by beltemps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world ....

Prove to me that the Bible is from God and not from men.
Prove to me that anyone named Adam and Eve actually existed.
Prove to me that, if they even existed, that their 'fall' somehow stained the rest of us.
If you can't prove those things, then your statements have no weight.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder

Originally posted by ELahrairah
To believe it is a choice is insane.
Who would choose to face ridicule and violence?
If it was a choice then people would choose to be heterosexual
so they would not have to continually be attacked.
The idea that it is a choice sounds like recycled religious propaganda.

You would fit in well here. Aside from San Fran-Sicko (kudos Savage), Seattle is the gay capital of the West Coast. I don't advocate violence against gays, if you want to be gay be gay. Push it on me and that's a whole different story. Also, it may not be "choice" but it's choice. Society is pumping out more gay babies than ever before... Hmm..

Why could that be?

There's no more or less gay people than there ever was, because it is a function of nature found throughout the animal kingdom. What is true is that it's easier to come out these days, at least in Western society. if you are less likely to face prejudice then gay people will no longer be forced to live a lie, unhappy, unfulfilled and depressed. That's why you're seeing more gay people- but they were gay anyway! If they come out with avengance, fair enough just let them. And don't be scared about them 'pushing it on you', they can't force You to change your innate sexuality. They're just proud of the fact they can be themselves. TThe media is another big factor in what you perceive is going on in society, nevermind peoples bedrooms. But don't worry, the ggays won't take over.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Quite frankly there is a lot to read here and from the skimming I can tell there are mixed views on this subject.

I am a gay man, not afraid or ashamed to admit it. I am not feminine, most people wouldn't know I was gay unless I told them or introduced my boyfriend to them. However, I can say that homosexuality is not a sin or against nature. I happen to be a preacher's kid, my father being a Pentecostal preacher (most people see this as a sign that God has a sense of humor). I was brought up thinking that homosexuality was a sin and all that nonsense so most of my life I was depressed, contemplated suicide and even attempted it because I "wasn't going to heaven" because I was gay. Not trying get a pity party here, but in my eyes a religion that states that no one can live their own life is disgusting. I went through hell in that religion and have put it all behind me and have become a better person for it.

And for those who say its a choice I ask you why would I chose this life? Why would I chose to be ridiculed by society? Why would I chose to be gay so my family could turn their back on me? Or be denied being able to give blood because I may have AIDS for being a homosexual? Why would I chose a life where people call me faggot and hate me because of what I am? I am not ashamed of who I am and I am proud of myself and what I have accomplished in my life. And for people to tell me that my life style is wrong and that I'm going to hell for it because I chose to be this way and not born this way, then I say you need to stop judging me and everyone else around you. Let people be who they are and not question them or judge them.

Sorry I had to rant there lol

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
So let me get this straight, God wants us to control our urges and potentially sinful acts like homosexuality through the choices we make in life and these things are not through some sort of genetic defect or design?

What I find puzzling is that chemical imbalances, through a defect or otherwise, has been shown to have all kinds of what some would term "negative" effects on the human psyche. What's if homosexuality is because of a similar imbalance or deficiency of some chemical? But, if that is the case, should we be tampering with God's original design for you? It's a bit of a problem if the Christian God says homosexuality is a sin, but it is proven that it is through design and that you really were born like that.

But while I'm here, let me ask another question - Why can homosexuality possibly be genetic, but other "sins" like paedophilia and murder not be? And because of that, should paedophiles and murderers be persecuted even though they were also "born like that"?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
i will not be forced to defend or trash gays but it seems i have to be on that side.

(notice i said "that" not their)

where is this crap coming from? if i agree with the plight of gays, i have to accept disabled people? kids with adhd, cp, ms, autism, brain damage, abuse, etc?

left handed people? we talking bigots here? who cares!!!

they are damaged goods, lower than you are, right?

being gay is not a gift from god, unless one touched your life. if you even knew they were gay.

you all need to take a hard look inside.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JasonT Why can homosexuality possibly be genetic, but other "sins" like paedophilia and murder not be? And because of that, should paedophiles and murderers be persecuted even though they were also "born like that"?

I think there is a difference between sexuality and personality. Thus, I think it is unnecessary to compare murderers (wouldn't we ALL like to kill someone as a sign of retaliation?) and paedophiles. They can still reproduce, these dangerous people, right?

Gays being persecuted is ludicrous - also, they are not, by the law... they are taunted by other members of society (stupid ones at that). Murdering and abusing children, whether genetic or not, is not acceptable behaviour and must be punishable.

Enjoying some male butt-sex and not having any interest in a vagina is not exactly punishable as paedophilia and murdering, is it?
edit on 3-6-2011 by DB340 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Everyone Please Read The Below
I'm vegetarian, I wasn't born vegetarian, i'm vegetarian by choice
I see how people mistreat animals and how meat has associations with higher levels of anger as well as many other issues, I adapted to my discomfort of meat and became a vegetarian by choice.

Similarly I know a guy who saw women be very complicated in relationships, care about fashion too much and nag alot so he adapted to his level of discomfort regarding behavioral patterns he noticed in women and decided to take the gay route.

Lesbian women, i'm sure you will not argue with the fact that many women had so many bad relationships with men that they decided to take the lesbian route, am I right in assuming that you do not disagree that there are such lesbian women out there, lesbian by choice?

can those that disagree with me respond to the above?

There will be some vegetarians who were always repulsed by the thought of eating meat and others who made the choice to be veggie, even though they go crazy for the smell of a bacon sarnie! Perhaps the people who 'decided' (as in your examples here) to couple with the same sex were assisted by an innate bisexuality, perhaps not. The question is (for guys): what makes your dick hard? Female or male? That's the bit we cannot choose. '

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join