It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very close pics of a UFO taken in an oil platform in the gulf of Mexico, must see

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Nice debunk. I was going to say something, "Great! Anonymous photos. Where's the MUFON report for this?".
But, that's not really relevant now.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
There is no "rope" that has been Photoshopped out... what you are seeing is a (almost invisible) intergalactic communications beam!

Sorry, really bad work cloning that out

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
These photo's look to be poorly done on purpose... or Maybe some dude was really bored.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
OK. as has been said, I took one look at it and could tell it was fake instantly. First, you can see that the rope/pole it is attatched to has been photoshopped out.

Second, it is a small object very close... I am guessing it is a light fixture.

I would say nice try.... But really, I have seen much better fakes.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Oh well another one bites the dust.

I bet they had a good laugh on the rig.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 412304
[more
ha ha ha. Ease up on the coffee big lad. I said that you could clearly see that the rope is airbrushed, not clearly see the rope. It's an oil rig, long rope and cranes are a plenty for loading and unloading supplies.
Now, switch to decaf and chill out.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone
Sorry but you can clearly see the rope airbrushed out above it. Looks like a part of the oil rig getting loaded on board.

Was about say the same. The object in the foreground in pic 4 5 and 6 looks like the texture and shape as the ufo

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor
reply to post by spartan1337

Its funny, i came here to ATS a few years ago to find some possible proof of life outside of this planet. all i have found so far is lights at night and obvious hoaxers. I am still hopeful but damn if people arent making it hard.

inteceptor

Hang in there chickadee.....there are and always will be some gems hidden amongst the trash. We just need a good pair of gloves and a sniffer dog to aid the search.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

That is the funny thing. When UFOs are blurred, we doubt its validity because the UFO is not so clear and we complain why there are no clear shots of UFOs. When we finally find one that is very clear, we doubt it because it is very clear.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Looks like someone is playing around with the UFO apps.

That UFO is was too clear to be real, sorry. It is also looks like the ones that were floating around in the 60s.

Here are some of the UFOs on that app. I use to have that app on my iphone and it has a ton of UFO's you can add to pics, this looks like one that the app had as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7902b60e64db.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I really never got the point of posting fake stuff... Maybe it's just another way to get a career at ILM... but for that i think the quality must dramatically improve....

Anyway, everybody's free to do what they want, but it would be real nice if people posted stuff they actually thought it was real, and not stuff even a blind man can tell it's a big fake ... arent we all here to find proof ( or at least find more proof, or undebunkable proof )....?

Let's hold the course, the day will come
( and as a good collateral effect when the Day comes, is we wont have to look a cheapo fake bs anymore

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Obvious photoshop. Not to mention, the "story" says that the platform was disabled, watches were stopped and air craft was prevented to come near the area due to a magnetic field but somehow this guys digital camera continued to work just fine.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
All-righty. There are times that I wish i didn't know what to look for in images to tell if they are faked. It'd be cool to subscribe to a paranormal photo. Better yet, it'd be better if they were real. I needed not to recognize the obvious removal of a tether. Even without this, the size of the object would realistically house 1 life form, if that. So this is fake, I even think that image 1 may have got its ufo directly from one of the other pictures.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The first three are more believable than the rest. Wierd.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
As someone who does a lot of photo manipulations I'm 80% these are fake. For one the colours of the UFO do not fit in with the rest of the scene. Look the the greys in both the foreground and background, in the first image the shadows of the UFO have a warmer tint.

Also more importantly the depth of field, to many of the shots of the UFO are in sharp focus while both the foreground and background have more noise. This wouldnt happen on the type of camera which is obviously a poor point and shoot camera. The UFO itself looks like some kind of lamp also not to mention the light source seems off.
edit on 1-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

lmao. I love your response because you start off as someone who is knowledgable with photo manipulation then your conclusion is completely wrong. Sorry it was funny.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spartan1337

I think I can even see a string in this one...

Looks like a photographed, suspended model to me (and on an oil platform, I'm sure there's no shortage of tall objects to hang them from.....

edit on 2-6-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Really!?!..... Airbrushed. Look at the discoloration above the object, it forms a straight line and the thing is clearly thin solid metal with an empty center!! With all the fake UFO pictures/videos, no wonder why the people that don't like to research and ask questions don't believe in this stuff. I think they put fake pictures up to get more people to automatically dismiss any photos/videos they might see and see all UFO photos/videos as fakes. Why can't we wait for the real UFO photos/videos?
edit on 2-6-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: to explain my reason for debunking these photos more acurately

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I heard that GM recalled that particular line of UFO's due to fuel pump issues resulting in explosions. I prefer the newer Audi UFO's. Kinda spendy to work on, but a blast to drive!

Looks like a crazy frisbee with tiny aliens inside

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
HOAX - These photos released on June 2010 were just a joke by two employees of
the ABK-A oil platform in Campeche, Mexico. They used an old disarmed burner tied
with threads in a very rudimentary way. The photos resulted a bad hoax and were
discarded immediately but recently surfaced again thanks to some moron that made
copies and sent massive emails under fancy titles deceiving people.

Besides the clear airbrush to the thread that sustains the burner or brooder underneath
you can see how they tied the threads precisely to sustain the fake saucer UFO.

They used something like this chicken brooder. Can we move this thread to the Hoax
section?

Thank you for your input.....to me what you have posted is what happened....end of hoax

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone
Sorry but you can clearly see the rope airbrushed out above it. Looks like a part of the oil rig getting loaded on board.

Exactly. Very bad photoshop. Man, use the healing tool next time - you'll get a much better result.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join