It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Chair: Republicans Believe Illegal Immigration 'Should be a Crime'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No! Tell me she didn't really say that.

Alas, that's exactly what the chair"person" of the Democrat National Committee said.

source

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D.-Fla.), chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, denounced Republicans last week for believing illegal immigration “should in fact be a crime.”

Ya think???

Earth to Wasserman (and anyone else that thinks the same way she does):

illegal = crime

So, it's already a crime.
edit on 5/31/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is exactly why I find it so mind-numbing that anyone listens at all to our Politicians. Their stupidity mixed with their righteous evil is about as appealing as having burning diarrhea dripping down my thigh.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Stupid has no bounds.

I think I may be giving more credit then deserved, as this is not stupidity, it is intentional twisting of the facts and malicious withholding of the truth.

It is a crime to enter the US illegal. A federal crime. The act of entering is.
I can't find anything on the books for after the fact though, of just being here.

Kind of like the whole argument that being high on drugs is not illegal, but making/buying/using drugs is.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
just another one sided politician looking to bash on the other side...

maybe she should just take a vow of silence from here on out...

I'm sure her poor use of intelligence and shillery won't be as evident if she did...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

How far back are we planning to go with this?
I hope he is not threatening the Irish!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This is the problem with our elected officials, they have no clue.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Where would she get an idea like that?

Illegal Immigration is a Crime
americanpatrol.com...

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code,

"Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers;

or Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers;

or Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;

has committed a federal crime.

Newsflash! All illegals are criminals

Everyone is chattering about the new Arizona law that was signed by Gov. Jan Brewer on April 23. The law is so controversial that even Meghan McCain and "Saturday Night Live" shelled out their "legal expertise" on the matter. This law makes illegal immigration, without proper registration documents, a crime Read more: Newsflash! Illegal aliens are criminals www.wnd.com...

Illegals are not immigrants - they are criminals bumper sticker from conservativegear.net
www.cafepress.com...

illegalillegals.com...
www.conservativegear.net...

edit on 31-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
no

if a crime is committed, then we must make them pay via jail time or probation

aka, we as tax payers put them up in our system and pay a boatload.

I like the whole "undocumented workers"...that means they have to jump through the proper hoops to get the correct documents before they work...until then, well...stay in your country, or live in the woods and wait for the mail.

I have no problem with immigration...its sort of the countrys tradition (give me your poor, your weak, huddled masses, etc)...and all the "illegals" here need to get on the books and paying taxes...there needs to be a express way to do this (before, it was simply jump on a boat and go to new york, get processed, voila).

The only way we will stop the illegal issue however is to..well, increase border security is one step, but also trying to find mutually beneficial agreements on trade and prosperity so people don't feel desperate in their own country. not that the US has to be nation builders, but over time its equally beneficial to build up neighbors as ourselves...

As far as a mexican sitting in some drug lord owned slum on the border...well, put yourself in his/her shoes...you can see las vegas from the border...you can either sit in your place and dodge stray bullets, or walk that way to the shiny city of lights...from that angle, its a no brainer.

As far as florida goes...we have cuba to consider for our source of illegals. most floridians are hopeing that once castro is dead and gone, cuba will open up and become a resort nation...beautiful land, beautiful people, etc...so, the improvement of that land simply comes down to waiting for a funeral and potentially fixing that issue.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is why we should have some kind of standardized test for anyone that wants to hold office has to be able to pass. That's what's wrong with this country it's not the Dems or the Repubs it's the idiots we keep voting into office.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Firstly, it already is a crime.

Secondly, what about those of us that aren't republican and are also legal immigrants? I want illegal immigration stopped, not rewarded. I'm tired of these social justice morons spreading this idea that illegal immigration is good. It isn't. All it does it hurt Americans, and ESPECIALLY those of us who came here legally. Like me.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
This is why we should have some kind of standardized test for anyone that wants to hold office has to be able to pass. That's what's wrong with this country it's not the Dems or the Repubs it's the idiots we keep voting into office.

Star for that post.

Worst part IMO is that it's getting harder and harder to differentiate the stupidity from the outright lies.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

This is indeed noteworthy. I am hoping that somewhere in America is a group legitimately collecting donations so these words of wisdom may be permanently etched on a large format plaque, giving credit to whom said it and when. The 'Plaque of Wisdom' can be mounted in full public view outside of whatever building this esteemed politician works. For the rest of her political career. Weather protection, adequate lighting and incidental expenses will have to be covered as well, but it's worth it. It's just that good.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Nice clip of the quote there republicon

the Republican solution that I’ve seen in the last three years is that we should just pack them all up and ship them back to their own countries and that in fact it should be a crime and we should arrested them all.

Is this not the solution many here advocate for???

The reaction to the quote is about as dumb as the chipped quote itself

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

She has a clue . She is a Zionist Jew right out of her mouth. Why can they not quit sending Zionist to Washington. She spent her time bragging about that instead of discussing the plight of America.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Worst part IMO is that it's getting harder and harder to differentiate the stupidity from the outright lies.

Well then, conservatives can just keep their mouths shut and both problems will be solved in an instant

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I believe Obama is soft on illegal immigration
and won't prosecute the crime cuz of his own status
and also the status of his father Obama Sr.
who was deported from the US in July 1964.
After that the only way Obama could see his
father was to travel to Kenya until the age of 10
yrs old when his father returned briefly to the
US entering the US at San Francisco. Absence
of a father due to illegal immigrant status is motive.
Kinda gives motive to the madness does it not ???

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Nice clip of the quote there republicon

the Republican solution that I’ve seen in the last three years is that we should just pack them all up and ship them back to their own countries and that in fact it should be a crime and we should arrested them all.

Is this not the solution many here advocate for???

The reaction to the quote is about as dumb as the chipped quote itself

Since your post starts out - first line - with an attempted insult, I'll just chalk it up as your way of admitting that you have no real response to this insanely stupid statement by the person that democrats have chosen to lead them in their re-election efforts.

Now, let's see if you can do better from now on. Wait guess that's not going to happen.
edit on 5/31/2011 by centurion1211 because: read more of janky red's posts

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1eca1619752.jpg[/atsimg]

Sigh.
You can't fix stupid.

link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by centurion1211

Well then, conservatives can just keep their mouths shut and both problems will be solved in an instant

Any conservative saying something this dumb should be held up to the same level of ridicule.

So, is your purpose on this thread to deflect, defend Wasserman, or show that you're also capable of making the same kinds of statements as she has?

link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I believe Obama is soft on illegal immigration
and won't prosecute the crime cuz of his own status
and also the status of his father Obama Sr.
who was deported from the US in July 1964.
After that the only way Obama could see his
father was to travel to Kenya until the age of 10
yrs old when his father returned briefly to the
US entering the US at San Francisco. Absence
of a father due to illegal immigrant status is motive.
Kinda gives motive to the madness does it not ???

"Obama's" deportation rate is higher than the deportation rate has been in nearly 8 decades

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:4iR2dE4UDbUJ:www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2010/0812/Obama-as-border-cop-He-s-deported-record-num bers-of-illegal-immigrants+deportations+of+illegal+imigrants+2008+2009&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

In 2009, the United States deported a record 387,790 people – a 5 percent increase over 2008. Nearly two months before the end of the 2010 federal fiscal year, the deportation rate is down slightly from 2009, but the number of removals is still likely to be more than triple what it was in 2001.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join