It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The danger of knowledge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I believe..one will see, what they are ready to see. That the design is perfect in this way. What one believes, serves what they are ready for and what they are not ready for. Any 'belief' or 'knowing' shines a deeper part of that person, outwardly.

Like another poster said...you can tell someone something, but it doesnt make it a 'truth'. Nor, should someone except something another says, just because another 'claims' it to be so.

One should not accept something as truth if they have not at some level had a personal understanding of it being so.

Some people hold kinda of a grudge for the world being the way it is...and they cast blame. Some accept the world as it is, that it has purpose in the way that it is...and they try to find understanding instead of casting blame.

Tell someone your beliefs, you show someone a part of your soul.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
More on topic of your OP...

Knowledge can be dangerous. We seek through books and old wise mens words....thirsty for some hidden truth that we think a wise mind can see.

When the places we maybe should be seeking, is just in life itself, day to day things...day to day reactions and responses, lifes expressions.

Many times in life, I read something I thought was some profound knowledge. Later to find out, I only found it profound because it gave me comfort through personal desires or fears...or gave me some sort of security in the idea of just 'knowing' something. Later to also find out...that 'knowing' really did not serve me any real benefit, in this life as 'living'.

So again, we will see, what we are in need of at the moment and ready for at that time.

Just my own simple limited perspective

<< 1   >>

join