It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland: Changes in the identity card (for foreigners).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Changes will be introduced to the identity cards issued by the police. From 31 May 2011, the identity card of a Finnish citizen will be bluish in colour, the identity card of a minor purple, and the identity card of a foreign citizen brown. Identity cards issued before this date will remain valid until they expire.

It is reported today that residents in Finland that are not citizens yet will get a brown ID card and the Finnish will get a blue one. It is expected as a result of the success of right-wing party True Finns. Concidering we are in the 21st century, I find this appauling and a flashback to Nazi German when they put a star of David on the jews.

Here's the link

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

Unless they have to have the brown card taped to their shoulder at all times I fail to see how it is like the Jews and the Third Reich.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
For perspective, Canada too has a landed immigrant card for people that have not received their citizenship yet.
Here

I assume when they say 'foreign citizen', they mean a citizen of another country that is living in Finland (or from what I am reading, someone who wants to travel through Finland).

It seems this identity card is voluntary (meaning it is nothing like Nazi Germany):

Identity cards are issued by the police on application. On certain conditions, an identity card can also be issued to a foreign citizen or a minor (for more information, go to the website of the Finnish Police at www.police.fi).

From what I can tell, it's used for people who want to streamline their travelling or use certain services in Finland. Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I was just looking at a slip from Moneygram and it says under ID "Alien ID". Guess it's the same over here in Sweden. It similar as the Finnish ID on the specimen photos.

top topics

join