It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Israel cannot prevent UN recognition of Palestinian state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Netanyahu: Israel cannot prevent UN recognition of Palestinian state

www.haaretz.com< br />

"We have no way to obstruct the UN decision," Netanyahu said, but warned that that the Palestinians will not succeed in their efforts in the UN Security Council.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
When September comes around, the Palestinians will be seeking recognition 'promised' by Obama. When Obama uses his veto again to stop the Palestinians in their tracks, it will almost SURELY lead to violence in the Palestinian territories. Maybe even a third intifada. At which point, the international community will be completely fed up with the stalled peace talks and continued/increased violence. At which point, the United Nations General assembly can enact Resolution 377:

"United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) resolution 377 (V),[1] the "Uniting for Peace" resolution, states that, in cases where the United Nations Security Council fails to act in order to maintain international peace and security, owing to disagreement between its five permanent members,[2] the matter shall be addressed immediately by the General Assembly, using the mechanism of the emergency special session."

Palestine will still only need a 2/3 recognition by the members of the General Assembly.

Come September, a Palestinian state will be established. Whether you like it or not, it's inevitable.

Lets hope when the state is established, Israel and Palestine can work together and cooperate with each other and avoid any future conflict.

www.haaretz.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-5-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Even if/when the "Palestinians" have their second recognized state(Jordan/Transjordan being the first), it will not matter. The islamists will not pursue peaceful relations with Israel. They seek nothing less than the destruction of the Jewish state.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Israel will never allow it.

They will come up with something... now we'll just wait to see what Israel will do. Never forget Ben Gurion:

If I knew it was possible to save all [Jewish] children of Germany by their transfer to England and only half of them by transferring them to Eretz-Yisrael, I would choose the latter—because we are faced not only with the accounting of these [Jewish] children but also with the historical accounting of the Jewish People.” – Ben-Gurion (1938).

They will do ANYTHING to prevent that from happening.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Lets hope when the state is established, Israel and Palestine can work together and cooperate with each other and avoid any future conflict.

I am curious how this is all going to play out...if Palestine is able to establish a state then years of the past could be wiped away in the history books.

I seriously doubt that conflict between Israel and Plaestine will ever cease, but one could only hope it would, and maybe...just maybe...butting heads will come with some kind of civilized disagreement instead of more blood being shead, and more attacks.

Interesting though...thanks for posting. I am going to keep my eye's on this and see where it goes.
edit on 30-5-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Even if/when the "Palestinians" have their second recognized state(Jordan/Transjordan being the first), it will not matter. The islamists will not pursue peaceful relations with Israel. They seek nothing less than the destruction of the Jewish state.

Cant say I blame them.

If Britain, the US or even the UN gave some ethnic group control of Australia you can bet ur ass I would take up arms and try and get who ever it was out regardless of their racial or religious affiliations

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This decision from the UN will hold about the same weight as the allowed vote to execute gays for being gay. In order for a two state solution, both sides will need to agree to land swaps, not something that the UN can dictate. At best, you'll end up with two official countries at war, not the creation of two countries living in peace, which would be the goal. If anything, this decision from the UN will make Israel even more defensive and likely to act first since the Palestinians would likely be emboldened from this decision.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

I fear this is the last straw for Palestinians, and for them it will be make it or break it.

I feel there will be a huge massacre when the unrest begins. There is not doubt in anyone's mind that US will veto this.

When did US become so predictable?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I believe this conflict will never go away. Israel needs someone to demonize as the "terrorists" I must admit that both sides including the Palestinians have made some mistakes, but surprisingly at the end of the day it is only Hamas and Fatah that truly seek peace. It appears that Israel only discusses peace for international recognition. It is clear that Israel is never really willing to bargain fairly. Every once in a while you get an American official politely asking Israel to negotiate, but it is always empty threats. Kind of like Obama offering Israel all those jets a couple years back to halt settlements, when there was already a 90 day freeze.

I don't anticipate anything good ever coming of these peace talks especially since the UN is the main mediator. The UN has drafted countless resolutions against Israel that have had zero effect other than to make Israel more stubborn and defensive in the public eye. Netanyahu has already made non specific threats come September if Palestine is recognized as a state. It will be interesting to see, I hope it doesn't get too crazy over there. Regrettably I have a feeling that things will certainly escalate.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Im sorry I just have to share this..
How annoying and pathetic is all this arguing and fighting?
As leaders around the world everyone should be looking at the simplest and best way to resolve things.
As an outsider sick of hearing all this doom and gloom on the news, I take a step back and just think "yo, everyone chillax..share the land, share the resources"
All these ego's throwing their weight around and acting like babies spitting their dummies out.
Im refering to the troubles in Isreal and around the world.
All of it is so very pointless when everyone could be getting along and actually living happy lives...
As i say i just had to share that lol

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Iran gets nukes, gives them to the enemies of Israel.... Arab nations evacuate the regions closest to Israel... Israel gets nuked, retaliates, both the Israeli and Palestinian problems are GONE... No one can inhabit any of the land there for decades.

End of story!

Neither the Palestinians nor Israelis have the capacity, or desire to live in peace, they have created their own final solution... Mutual elimination.

Arm them now equally with the weapons that will end this conflict the only way it can end, and get it over with already, so that the rest of humanity can finally advance beyond these basic animal instincts, marking territories and fighting over lines in the dirt.

Let them war, until they are all gone, and the land they so cherish an uninhabitable wasteland.

No peace possible... Why prolong the inevitable?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I appreciate you trying to stay neutral by not choosing sides but you have to see the error in what you said. Mutual annihilation? WHY? What have the tens of millions of INNOCENT Israelis and INNOCENT Palestinians done to deserve death? Just because a few elites manipulate the people to fight for them, we should abandon the entire region and doom them?

The true solution is to overthrow as many corrupt governments around the world as we can and to bring all these scumbag elites to justice!

Enough of us have died already, fighting for what we thought was "justice" and where has that brought us? We have lost power and they have gained even more power! It's time to cease being speeple and focus our rage towards those who have caused and still continue to cause all this suffering.

It's do or die.

IT--

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11

It's do or die.

Nope, it's die and die.

When there is no possibility for peace, there are few other options.

And they ALL fall down...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Did you forget it's 6.9 billion of us against a few thousand of "them"?
Why are you giving up? In the end, it's US who will or wont crush the uprising. It's us that will press the button to launch those ICBMs. It's us who will defend or arrest them. WE are everywhere while THEY are severely outnumbered, out-gunned and outmatched.
All they have that we don't have is money... Paper. As long as we keep letting them use that to force us into submission, we will not stand a chance. When we realize that regardless of their wealth, they are still mortals bound by the same laws of nature as we are, they'll be crushed mercilessly.

IT--
edit on 30-5-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11

Did you forget it's 6.9 billion of us against a few thousand of "them"?
Why are you giving up?
IT--

Giving up = accepting the inevitable.

We're talking about the Israeli Palestinian conflict here specifically.... The rest of the world can wait.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hasn't anyone here read the wikileaks on this?

no way has Israel even tried to bargain all they've done is take since day 1 and at the cost of how many lives? And how much of our money? Our people to die in their wars our leaders puppets be it to their greed or some darker master.

Indeed FnS for bringing up the subject but pretending Israel will allow peace is a joke. Already they have their USA pawns in Syria but shhh its a patriot act...

Our whole world is now one big secret patriot act that is unless you got the guns and guts. edit I mean as in nations like China or Russia started shooting down drones. Would they end us like Quadafi at war with NATO for not ceding or dying. Probably not but they'd sure as hell take us into WW3 officially if only to keep their sick game going.

We've Gone from a Nation of Laws to a Nation of Powerful Men Making Laws in Secret

edit on 30-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

join