It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog with two broken legs finds owner after storm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Dog with two broken legs finds owner after storm

news.yahoo.com

A scruffy Alabama terrier mix named Mason was whisked away by fierce twisters last month, prompting his owners, who lost their home in the storm, to fear the worst. But the redoubtable mutt apparently crawled back to his home days later with two broken legs in a remarkable tale of survival.

Local news outlet WBRC reports that Mason was blown away by the storm from the garage in Birmingham where he was hiding on April 27. His owners looked for him everywhere but couldn't find him. Two and a half weeks later, though, they found Mason waiting for them on their front porch when they returned to the house to look through the debris.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I thought this story is a good one. It shows that survival knows no boundaries. This poor dog did not give up. He finally made it home.

My mothers dog made it through the tornado that tore her trailer apart. The dog still hates severe weather and this happened several years ago.

This is some good news for a change.

I hope that this is the right forum. Sorry mods if it is not
edit on 27-5-2011 by liejunkie01 because: sorry

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
What a lucky pup...I'm surprised it managed that long with two broken forelegs...it's pretty crazy, but good news nonetheless. I think animals just know how to cooperate better in these circumstances. Their survival instinct kicks in a lot faster.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

They get done what needs to get done. If they are able they do. Most people would probably give up or whine about it so bad that they drive everybody nuts.

Thank you for your input.

+2 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Dogs are awesome.

This is empirical evidence.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Most people would probably give up or whine about it so bad that they drive everybody nuts.

This quote is actually quite ironic. A real 'whine' is a noise that a dog is more likely to make than a person! Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and this is a great story, but dogs are just as likely to whine about things as people. I've known dogs to whine because you won't let them sit right next to the heater! Dogs have personalities, and some of them complain pretty damn well for having no voice!

Just thought I'd put some perspective on the whole 'animals are better people than people' argument. In my opinion animals are just like people. They're capable of doing some awesome things, but they're capable of being jerks too.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I think I just fell in love with Mason and I'm a cat lover!
How totally gorgeous to crawl his way back home and wait on the porch for his owners, who for all he knew, could be dead. Yet still he sat there and waited devotedly......
It brings a tear to the eye...
Life would be a little less joyful if it wasn't for our furry friends.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

True, I agree one hundred percent.

Some dogs are super lazy.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I love dogs
they know where the food is
and they will find it

but every once in a while they do something that shows they have more going on then one might expect

sandf
for heartwarmingness

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I say this every day, Doggies rock!
I am glad he got his people back, they must be worth keeping.
Good for them.

S&F for teh doggies.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I heard about this on Coast to Coast AM this morning and it was such a great story!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What an amazing story, sort of reminds me of reading "The Incredible Journey" as a child. The fortitude, resilience, courage and determination of animals looking for their owners is heart wrenching to say the least! But a good news story is always welcome!
S&F

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I am so glad that this story is getting so much attention. It proves that animals are capable of such great love for humans, and they should be considered sentient beings and given the rights and protection associated with this. When I saw this story yesterday, I was just amazed that this dog could manage to crawl with 2 broken front legs, much less make it up the stairs to his front porch!!!! What a devoted sweatheart, and I hope he lives a long peaceful, spoiled life for the rest of his years here. A little hero!!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
yay a nice story for a change. dogs are awesome creatures, so loyal.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thank You for posting this wonderful story. It is stories like this that make you realise the depth of love and devotion our four legged friends have for us.
S & F 4 you

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This kind of story never fails to bring a tear to my eye. I love dogs.

reply to post by Exuberant1

You know, I totally saved that pic and added it to my courage_wolf folder.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Wow ... If ever you wanted to make a grown man shed tears this is what you would post.

Wonderful story of hope and loyalty. We should all take a lesson from this.

SnF Peace,

-AS-
edit on 27-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I live in one of the area's affected by the April Storms and am within the viewing area of WRCB. As a devoted pet lover I was moved by the news that this animal had gone to such great lengths to return to his family. This story doesn't however have the happiest of endings. The family, due to the damage their property suffered in the storms, cannot currently care for the dog. The shelter is holding him in the hopes he can one day return to that family but if not then they plan to adopt out the dog. If this should I occur I hope to adopt the animal myself. Should I become the proud new owner of the dog I'll post pics of his recovery progress.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is such an enlightening story. You never know what 'someone' is capable of until they do it.
i like good news stories.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

but every once in a while they do something that shows they have more going on then one might expect

sandf
for heartwarmingness

So true, dogs are full of suprises.

And I second this on the heartwarming factor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join