It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act Extension (H.R. 514): Who Voted and How

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
reply to post by kro32

Weren't they already doing that prior to the Patriot Act, or supposed to be at least? If not, then why wasn't this implemented years ago? If so, why did this need implementing?

They were supposed to be but apparantly they were lacking tools the Constitution prevented them from having leading up to 9-11 when this was passed.

Remember what Abe Lincoln did to the Constitution during the Civil War when he gutted the document for specific reasons.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well at least the Congressmen in my district voted NO but it saddens me that this was extended.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

The whole issue behind all this laws passed by our elite whores in congress is because the ones behind the power in the nation and the wants that they serve, think that they can protect their dirty and corrupted deals against the people and tax payer with those laws and bills, they are trying to protect themselves while spitting on Americans rights and stepping on the constiution, but what they have no clue is that when the time comes for the nation to take back its rightful place within the population no laws will matter anymore to protect them, their for hired armies will find not mercy at the hands of the people of the nation.

Let them believe that they are in charge like they think they are, sooner of later everything they have build to protect their dirty arses will come crumbling against the rage of he regular people in the nation.

I pity any of them when the that time comes.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by Drezden
I'm so proud of Oregon, only 1 representative voted for extension. What is confusing is that all the democrats in Oregon were against this, yet the so called single conservative voted in favor.

What about that is confusing?

Conservatives are for less government control/involvement (supposedly). What is more government involved than spying on your own citizens?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Rand Paul is a Senator and would not show up on the House of Representatives Roll Call! Rand voted NAY!
Here's a link to the Senate Roll Call:
www.opencongress.org...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join