It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Million Spy Reports + 200,000 Warrant-less Searches on US Citizens This Year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Rather than moving to another country I'd suggest you check into the Free State Project. Basically about 1,000 people have moved to the New Hampshire who are all politically active, love the concept of liberty and freedom, and support each other to at least some degree.

Because of the Free State Project, state-level tyranny has essentially leveled off at this point in New Hampshire. By the time 2,000 people arrive state-level tyranny will start to reverse and New Hampshire will become the most liberty-oriented place in the world. It may seem odd that so few people can do so much, but the fact of the matter is that a few loud voices accomplish very much because those voices are armed with the truth about so many government mistakes, and very little is as powerful as the truth.

You shouldn't move to New Hampshire if you have a whole bunch of expectations of others. Rather, move to New Hampshire if you want to take the role of setting an example that others can take or leave. I regularly work with FSP members to help build alternative options to the US dollar.

It seems like each time I decide to tell someone about the free state project, there is always a recent accomplishment to point out. New Hampshire is generally libertarian but has quite strict marijuana laws. People going to court are regularly encouraged nullify laws that are immoral. Last month someone accused of growing 33 marijuana plants had the felony charges nullified and will rather be facing two months in jail plus probation. It wasn't a complete success but exemplifies the sort of thing done in New Hampshire. There are about 12 Free State Project members who are members of the state legislature.

<< 1   >>

join