It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2012
reply to post by getreadyalready

Feeman hospital has always been in Joplin. Your thinking about Jane Chin hospital that use to be in webb city.

the very first freeman hospital was up on 20th street around sergeant st i think.

freeman bought out Jane Chin in webb city i think. and they bought out Oakhill hospital and made it there east campus housing most of their outpatient services and moved other services from the west campus to the east campus as well.

Hey you're right.

I was actually born in the old Freeman. It was Jane Chin in WC. I barely remember it being open when I was very very little. Then, when I was in High School it was a favorite place to sneak into. Then they started getting really serious about arresting and pressing charges, so we had to stop.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I was born in the then new now current freeman hospital. and barely remember when Jane chin was open when i was very little as well.

I do remember when i was 3 years old i was at an aunts house that lived in Webb city and i broke my arm and they took me to Jane Chin. yes they did get serious about cracking down on people sneaking into the old hospital.

Freeman either sold or donated Jane Chin to the county and they opened it up again as the cerebral palsy center, and a few years ago i think someone else bought the building and now its an apartment building for senior citizens
edit on 25-5-2011 by Mercenary2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

They developed the chat piles by webbcity?
Wholey cow...
Cant count the number of summer day's i'd spend out there ridding my motorcycle,
the chats were fun. Cant imagine building on that area..
but i guess demand is what drives things.

amazing

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

he he... my little sis got busted for sneaking in there, her and a few of her friends..
it was the thing to do growing up.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

They developed the chat piles by webbcity?
Wholey cow...
Cant count the number of summer day's i'd spend out there ridding my motorcycle,
the chats were fun. Cant imagine building on that area..
but i guess demand is what drives things.

amazing

It is pretty amazing. All of King Jack Park is flat, all that area North of Webb City is now flat with little 3Br Ranch style homes just littering the whole countryside. As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, last time I visited, I made some pretty bad Tornado jokes. Looking North from Webb City these days just looks like a prime target for a tornadoes!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2012

I am not angry, please dont paint my posts that way, thank you.

Calling FEMA out is not anger, it is called dissent.
Of course I realize that dissent over FEMA is unpopular with FEMA and its cohorts.

However, unpopular as it may be, FEMA has a lot of money at its disposal and is a giant
failure by even the most liberal of folks.

I think that its strange you would suggest to me that I "get pissed" at Obama.

Press TV Covers Corruption Within FEMA

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

BTW, Joplin Supply Company is still over near 4th Street in Joplin. It was not affected by the tornadoes. Actually, it is within a few blocks of the office building where Clouds has been working the past few days.

My Dad didn't know anything about the owners of JSC, or where they might live, but he was certain their business is unharmed.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I met your brother..............what a day...............They are turning down volunteers.......I will let him tell you the story…………..

No evening search teams going out………….No night teams going out……..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

again i will refer you to my last post to you. and remind you that FEMA cannot do anything to help unless a federal declaration has been issued by the POTUS.

And since you don't know me may i suggest you not infer that i'm a FEMA Cohort or supporting FEMA's actions in anyway. I am merely point out the facts and where your opinions are wrong

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If you are interested in volunteering, you can register at the MSSU Billingsly Student Center. Volunteers will provide a skills overview and then will be contacted as needed

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

PressTV is the offical Government media of Iran, so you are more than welcome to beleive their propoganda if you wish.

FEMA has funding, and its specified use is clear, as well as the steps needed for that funding to be opened up to states or counties who request it.

FEMA does work.. Those who say it doesnt do not understand how emergency disasters work. The State is lead, not the FEderal Government nor FEMA. It really is that simple..... FEMA is a support agency and nothing more.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

My reference to FEMA's cohorts specifically inplicate DHS.
Your perceived inclusion was entirely your own.
edit on 25-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

That is true with a big BUT!!..........as noted in my last post............

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I don't know what they told him.

But there is a list of over 5,000 people wanting to volunteer and another 8,000 people and businesses that are offering their services if needed.

they will only take volunteers that have registered At MSSU. if the volunteers are just going to check points close to the damage area then they will turn them away.

i would like to hear the story of what happened and exactly who it was that turned him away though

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2012
If you are interested in volunteering, you can register at the MSSU Billingsly Student Center. Volunteers will provide a skills overview and then will be contacted as needed

My brother has been to that location for 3 days in a row now, twice per day, with a truck, and tools, and a Degree in Physics, and a Masters Degree in Economics, and as a Teacher over in WC, and having been one of the very, very first people on the scene Sunday night. He actually directed traffic at 20th and Rangeline, just outside the destroyed Home Depot, for almost 45 minutes after the tornado and before emergency personnel showed up.

If they can't use him, they can't use anybody.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Yesterday it was "Abby" that claimed to be third in command of the operation.

Today, they contacted the supposed first in command "Bruce" by telephone.

He is going to call me back in a few minutes and give me the whole story that Clouds alluded to, but there are your names, if it helps any.

But there is a list of over 5,000 people wanting to volunteer and another 8,000 people and businesses that are offering their services if needed.

He said this estimate does sound correct, but the problem is only about 2000 structures are damaged, they are only using about 800 volunteers at a time, but they could easily use 4x that many volunteers and put multiple people on every location all at one time.
edit on 25-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Part of the problem is that he is a school teacher, and he can't start searching until about 2:30 p.m. By that time, they are not taking any more volunteers, but they could be running a second shift by then. It doesn't get dark until after 8:30.

Today he organized his own team of volunteers, but then they would not give them any addresses or locations of where to search. There is a call center and a database of places that need searched, but the information is confidential and they won't give it out to him, because they are worried things could come up missing, or the information could be exploited.

He finally got in touch with the city's (EOC) and they had no explanation. Americorps is collecting volunteers outside of the normal command center, and they are being directed by the city's EOC, but today, those teams came back at around 4 p.m. and they didn't ever go back out again. 4 to 5 hours of good daylight wasted yet again.
edit on 25-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I just don't understand why they are not sending out teams other than the teams they send out in the mornings...........Volunteer after volunteer were walking up after getting off work wanting to go out to help...........

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just so people are aware, the reason might be because of President Obama coming to visit on Sunday. Secret Service is in town and with the assistance of the NG they are starting to secure areas.

This is a guess on my part, but it is the only possible explanation I can come up with.

Obama stated he wanted to be on the ground and meet these people, so it wont be just the fly over in Marine 1.

If it comes out the search and rescue is being hampered because of Secret Service and Obamas visit, the visit needs to be canceled, immeditialy.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Bush took a lot of criticism for this very thing after Katrina. He didn't want to divert resources, so he didn't visit NOLA. He took so much heat for it in the press, but when his book came out, and his reasoning was explained, then it made a lot of sense.

Now, we have Obama, doing his Obama thing and loving the press coverage, so it is easy to demonize him, but then again, after seeing how Bush was treated for doing the right thing, it isn't any wonder Obama is going to do the wrong thing and look better.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I am not posting today because I feel so much disappointment and anger. I would not hurt anyone involved in this for anything, however checking back in tonight and reading getreadyallreadies/clouds responses it is validated that I had best keep my mouth shut right now.

Burntheships, I have not read all of your posts but can relate to what you are trying to bring to everyones awareness, maybe right now we need to distance ourselves like in the BP disaster and let them figure it out for themselves. My point is that it is too little too late. The first 24/48 hours after a disaster is when search and rescue has its greatest power, after that the window begins to close quickly and with the additional weather the victims have faced it is going to take a miracle to keep them alive until help can arrive.

Nightime would be the best chance for finding people trapped as the sounds of the city are quieter, they can use hearing devices at that point as well. In the meantime get tarps over the areas on guylines to keep them from getting pelted with more rain and heat when the sun comes out.

The people shopping not the ones at home were priority one in this? I dont know, like I said I better shut up for now.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join