It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear plant workers suffer internal radiation exposure after visiting Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
mdn.mainichi.jp...

The government has discovered thousands of cases of workers at nuclear power plants outside Fukushima Prefecture suffering from internal exposure to radiation after they visited the prefecture, the head of the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said.

Most of the workers who had internal exposure to radiation visited Fukushima after the nuclear crisis broke out following the March 11 quake and tsunami, and apparently inhaled radioactive substances scattered by hydrogen explosions at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant.

Read more at link...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

I'm surprised that you seem to be surprised by this 'news' ... most people have been waiting for this to finally be reported since the quake first struck and the nuclear power plant was damaged ... in a nutshell this was inevitable ... and trust me ... time will prove that this is only the very tip of the iceberg !

Woody

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I'm not "surprised" by this, simply was reporting it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Sorry if I came across as a bit snappy ... it really wasn't aimed at you per se.

It just makes me so angry when I read these things (link article) because they have treated their own people and the rest of the world like complete idiots ... I just can't believe their arrogance when they obviously thought that 'we' would just suck up everything they told us without question ... whilst they continued to leave everyone in harms way as if they were in no danger whatsoever ...

So again I appologize if my annoyance seemed misdirected at you.

I actually think threads like this go some way to enlightening the people who have not been following the main thread about the nuclear disater because the size of it puts them off ... or live under the false idea that the problem has abated because it barely gets a mention on msn ... so for that reason I'm giving you a S&F

Woody

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Thanks!

There are so many aspects to this crisis, that we need to follow. Each of these steps, paints the picture of what we are dealing with.

And it's "we" who are dealing with it, since none of us can leave this planet.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

Thanks!

There are so many aspects to this crisis, that we need to follow. Each of these steps, paints the picture of what we are dealing with.

And it's "we" who are dealing with it, since none of us can leave this planet.

This is exactly what I meant when I said that this was only the very tip of the iceberg. Horror stories will continue to come out of this for years ... not least because they are still taking place as we type and I believe this is the point a lot of people are missing 'it hasn't finished yet' ... and the day the quake happened our planet changed forever ... and because we all live here then it automatically follows that we are (or will be) all effected in some way at varying levels.

Woody

new topics

top topics

join