It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does The Bible, Vedas And Quran Say About EOW 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
An ancient Mayan calendar ends in 2012 winter. Is this a sign that they Mayans knew that December 2012 is the end of world? Hundreds of Web sites are fanning the 2012 craze asking you to build a shelter and stow away food for the coming disaster.

According to some predictions whole cities will be destroyed by large tsunamis, earthquakes & hurricanes world will come to a violent finish these predictions are of total devastation.

A Biblical Analysis

What does the book of Revelation reveal about the end of the world?
John’s vision reveal that before Christ returns humanity will suffer devastating wars, disease pandemics, religious strife and famine on a global scale. Many of these happenings are trends we see in the newscasts today.

In the Olivet Prophecy Jesus declared that he will return to save humanity from total destruction (Matthew 24:22). Revelation tells us about the time of deliverance Jesus predicted. this clearly shows that humanity is not going to extinct. in future Jesus Christ will return to save humanity from destruction.

Analysis From Vedic Scriptures

The Vedas are a large body of texts originating in ancient India. Composed in Vedic Sanskrit language, the texts constitute the oldest layer of Sanskrit language literature and the oldest scriptures of Hinduism.

We have information from the Vedic scriptures about the cycles this world goes through over and over again repeating just as we have 4 season. These are four yugas, Satya-yuga – the golden age, lasting 1,728,000 years; Treta-yuga – the silver age, lasting 1,296,000 years; Dvapara-yuga – the bronze age, lasting 864,000 years; and finally Kali-yuga – the iron age of machines and quarrel, lasting 432,000 years.

We are in kali yuga the iron age of machines and quarrel so in sense you will call it the end of world,This age will last for 432,000 years and so far we have only passed 5,000 years of it. So that means that Kali-yuga still has another 427,000 years to run and it means the world is not going to end in 2012.

According To Quran

"Men ask thee concerning the Hour: Say, 'The knowledge thereof is with God (alone)': and what will make thee understand?- perchance the Hour is nigh!
(Quran, 33:63)"
The Quran is very clear that no being knows the exact date of the day of judement but Him.

So Is The World Going To End In 2012 ?

These three different religions show that the world is not going to end in 2012 i see many Statements on the net, some validating the end of world predicition whereas others contradicting this prediction. I have tried to analyse this prediction according to the three major religions in the world and all shows that the end of world is NOT in 2012. However, the search does not stop here as there are many other reasons which provide concrete arguments on the high probability of this end. The best thing to do is to embark in a surf adventure on the net on the end of world 2012.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure about what the religions say, but on December 21, 2012, our Sun will line up with the galactic center which contains a supermassive black hole, most of the planets in our solar system will be lined up, it will be the winter solstice, and the Earth will end it's 26,000 year precession cycle.

A lot of things could happen, that's just from the astronomical viewpoint. Don't forget about all of the crazy things happening in the world, wars, the insane debt, the oil spill/corexit polluting the worlds oceans, the nuclear meltdown pollutin the worlds air/atmosphere, Palin/Trump/Obama for president in 2012. It's shaping up to be one of the worst years in history, I would not be shocked if something big happened on that day.

There have been hundreds of apocalypse theories over the years though, Starting all the way back in 4900BC

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The Yuga cycle has been corrected to lasting approx 24,000 years

In his book The Holy Science, Swami Sri Yuktewar discusses about Yugas, the mathematical calculation of Yugas, how the present time is wrongly calculated as Kali Yuga and concludes that the present Yuga is Dwapara Yuga. Here is the summary of this discussion.

About Yugas

from what I remember, the calculations became mistaken at the beginning of the last kali yuga (descent) when they did not want to accept the inevitable, thinking their age would go on- the mistake is a clear sign that they were in fact digressing.

I would say 2012 is not just an overnight sort of event, but one that has been happening for a little while and reaching its completion. I think the human interaction with the cosmos is the only real variable that is causing the tension that will look like global distasters. I think if we were all making a stronger effort to be in tune with eachother and with the new changes in our perception, most of the consequences could be avoided.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
How does the sun "align" with the galactic center? You could draw a line to it at any time.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There are some that believe the end of the kali yuga and the beginning of the golden age may begin on 12-21-12.

www.crystalinks.com...

I'd like to believe that ascension is steadily occurring. It certainly is for me.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I suspect he means that our planets including the sun will be lined up with the galactic center.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I'm not sure about what the religions say, but on December 21, 2012, our Sun will line up with the galactic center which contains a supermassive black hole, most of the planets in our solar system will be lined up, it will be the winter solstice, and the Earth will end it's 26,000 year precession cycle.

A lot of things could happen, that's just from the astronomical viewpoint. Don't forget about all of the crazy things happening in the world, wars, the insane debt, the oil spill/corexit polluting the worlds oceans, the nuclear meltdown pollutin the worlds air/atmosphere, Palin/Trump/Obama for president in 2012. It's shaping up to be one of the worst years in history, I would not be shocked if something big happened on that day.

There have been hundreds of apocalypse theories over the years though, Starting all the way back in 4900BC

Aren't we always in line with the galactic centre? The closest distance between two points is always a straight line or something to that effect

Edit: Someone has already addressed this a couple posts above
edit on 18-5-2011 by ragsntatters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
How does the sun "align" with the galactic center? You could draw a line to it at any time.
The sun orbits the galaxy like a sine wave.

~

It goes up and down as it circles the galaxy. Alignment is when the sun is right in the center of that wave.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Not just the sun. The planets will also line up INCLUDING the sun.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Bible still has many prophecies to Go. Isaiah 17 for instance. Damascus will be utterly destroyed and uninhabitable. Then in Isaiah 19, something happens to wake Egypt up. They suffer a plague and then return to the lord shortly after. Israel, Syria and Egypt start to trade after this with highways built between. If you go back to Hermes and the Corpus Hermeticum, he outlines the reason they left the lord in the first place. Idolatry. If you go back to Isaiah 19, the pyramids are mentioned here as the monument to the Lord on the border of Egypt. Some sign happens that allows Egypt to return to their first love of God. I think something will be found.

Keep in mind that Enoch, Joseph and Moses are most likely the three times great Hermes. If you read Jasher 3, you see that Enoch taught man sciences and language. I think he most likely built the pyramids as a repository of knowledge. Then Joseph comes there after the flood to translate. Moses completes the task and takes the knowledge and people to the land of Israel. If you read the first book of Enoch, you get the entire back story to Angels, watchers and the coming end of the age.

edit on 18-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iggy50

the golden age is far from kali, in reference to kali the golden age is Satya Yuga (Satya means truth I think)

kali-dwapara-treta-satya
iron-bronze-silver-gold

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

It is important to define what the Galactic Alignment is in precise astronomical terms. (See the Glossary below for terms.) The Galactic Alignment is the alignment of the December solstice sun with the Galactic equator. This alignment occurs as a result of the precession of the equinoxes. Precession is caused by the earth wobbling very slowly on its axis and shifts the position of the equinoxes and solstices one degree every 71.5 years. Because the sun is one-half of a degree wide, it will take the December solstice sun 36 years to precess through the Galactic equator (see diagram below). The precise alignment of the solstice point (the precise center-point of the body of the sun as viewed from earth) with the Galactic equator was calculated to occur in 1998 (Jean Meeus, Mathematical Astronomy Morsels, 1997). Thus, the Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 - 2016. This is "era-2012." This Galactic Alignment occurs only once every 26,000 years, and was what the ancient Maya were pointing to with the 2012 end-date of their Long Count calendar. These are the astronomical facts of the matter. From a larger perspective, we can visualize the 2012 Galactic Alignment in the following way: Position A is where the December solstice sun was in relation to the Milky Way some 3,000 years ago. Position B is 1,500 years ago. And position C is "era-2012", when the December solstice sun has converged, as a result of the precession of the equinoxes, with the exact center-line of the Milky Way (the Galactic equator). Notice that the place of alignment is where the 'nuclear bulge' of the Galactic Center is located. A long awaiting digital portrayal of precession and galactic alignments is now available on Nick Fiorenza's web site. Descriptions of the process are also there, but it should be noted that Nick describes what I refer to as "the solstice-galaxy alignment" with a preference for the equinox as the measuring reference. Thus, he speaks of the "Holy Cross" of the equinox axis and the Milky Way. The point is that "solstice-galaxy alignment" and "equinox-galaxy cross" refer to the same event.

More explanation here: alignment2012.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

yes you are right satya means truth ,
kali-dwapara-treta-satya
iron-bronze-silver-gold

The cycle goes like Satya --Treta--dwapara---kali ---back to stone-age Satya --Treta--dwapara---Kali

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
the Mayans themselves dont think the world will end.

99.9% of the people who speak off and use the mayan calender to back their claims up dont know how to read the calendar.

00.1% that know how to read the mayan language are still studying it to interpret the calender.

and the elder Mayans that can read it will confirm that it has significance, but the world will not end, in fact it has nothing to do with the world. it has something to do with something restarting or resetting.

therefore i agree with the bible, the quran and the vedas that nobody knows when the end comes.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandesh
reply to post by el1jah

yes you are right satya means truth ,
kali-dwapara-treta-satya
iron-bronze-silver-gold

The cycle goes like Satya --Treta--dwapara---kali ---back to stone-age Satya --Treta--dwapara---Kali

after kali it goes to dwapara yuga again. There is a 12,000 year ascension from kali to satya, then a 12,000 year fall back to kali.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yet another stolen thread...word for word...

Link to google

So its either from Chaoticfate or TheParanormalEffect.........plagiarism

or here

keenookevin.wordpress.com...

edit on 25-5-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

No. Only the sun appears to be roughly aligned with the galaxy, nothing else.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The bible say's that only he (God) knows the date and the time of the end.

However on the subject of the Mayan calender, I saw a program on the Discovery channel about it (sorry I forget what it was called), however the point was that the Mayan's themselves did not predict the end of the world but a period of spiritual enlightenment. There was a section in the 2012 forums that has alot of facts about the Mayan calender essentially, I'm fairly sure it is on the first page.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Dominikas

The ancient Mayans did not predict a time of enlightenment. That is a modern fairy tale claimed by New Age authors selling their hoaxes.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Dominikas

The ancient Mayans did not predict a time of enlightenment. That is a modern fairy tale claimed by New Age authors selling their hoaxes.

Ah, but have you not noticed, that it is enough that a tale is repeated constantly, and suddenly it becomes a fact.
No one questions it anymore, they just pick it up and go on from there.
Like "yeah, but since mayans predicted a time of enlightenment, then I think ..." and so on.

And no matter how much YOU, ME or anyone else tries to point this out - they simply IGNORE us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join