It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis Initiative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It's hard not to get caught up in the gloom and doom with all the posts here, so lets see if we can change things to the more optimistic view. It's clear to me that the governments around the world are preparing for a "doomsday" of sorts who knows it could be 2012 or something a 100 years after but I would say its safe to say they are preparing. What strikes me as odd is how we spend so much time trying to figure out what bad thing is coming around the corner and not figuring out how to rebuild afterwards. We spend an exorbitant amount of time trying to reveal them and yet we haven't prevented it and left us at each others throats.

So I know some of you would say well we need to know what exactly is the disaster to figure out whats needed so instead of listing a specific disaster lets list what things like 2012 have in common in terms of damage. Most of what i see and in my mind is the idea that the power grids will be useless, basic utilities and emergency services will be mute. So no desktop computers, no phones (cellphone or otherwise) and no prepared food except those degrading fastly in grocery stores.

I don't have any great ideas myself hence im asking but ill contribute what little ideas I do have. For one i believe leaving the cities and urban areas would be a bad idea, its easier to forage in the city and although building wont be the greatest place it would offer some shelter. Also if you leave you run the chance of getting turned around and wandering wasting energy in the wilderness. I feel It would be prudent to gather all your friends/family before something happens if at all possible. I do believe solar panels would be something to try to preserve It wont sustain any significant growth but could come in handy.

So any body have any suggestions, preferably better than my ramblings lol.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Form a gang and take over a Wal-Mart Supercenter! Can't think of too many supplies/resources you wouldn't have there. Unless the power grid/water/gas is all shut off

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

This kind of thinking scares me 10 times more than any doomsday. People are openly declaring that they will kill, steal and rape to get what they want when modern conveniences fail. OPP seriously if you don't want be raped or pillaged get out of the city. Buy a block of land in the country, have a jerry can of fuel ready to get there and prepare the area beforehand as a just in case.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

You have to think outside the box. All the doom and gloomers are there to makee folks afraid. Fear will become a big thing the closer we get to dec 21st 2012. Its not what you think. TPTB have known for along time whats going to happen. There time is short. and they want everyone to be afraid. They exist off the fear of people. A sort of psi-vampires. Feeding off the fear of the people. 99% of the people of the world will wake up dec 22nd 2012 and proclaim nothing has happened. That it was just one more scare that was avoided. Except the 1% will have changed. This as absoultly nothing to do with any kind or form of religion. All relgions on the planet are false.
This will be the real CHANGE..some of the 1% will opt to stay some will simple vanish...
You can't live in fear.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scaledown
reply to post by Hawking

This kind of thinking scares me 10 times more than any doomsday. People are openly declaring that they will kill, steal and rape to get what they want when modern conveniences fail. OPP seriously if you don't want be raped or pillaged get out of the city. Buy a block of land in the country, have a jerry can of fuel ready to get there and prepare the area beforehand as a just in case.

I was joking for the most part, I work near one and was talking with my friend recently that you could live in it comfortably for months at a time. And as much as I would love to think that we'd all come together and help out our fellow man in a time of crisis, I have trouble believing it. If we were all reasonable people we wouldn't need police
edit on 17-5-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by Scaledown
reply to post by Hawking

I was joking for the most part, I work near one and was talking with my friend recently that you could live in it comfortably for months at a time. And as much as I would love to think that we'd all come together and help out our fellow man in a time of crisis, I have trouble believing it. If we were all reasonable people we wouldn't need police
edit on 17-5-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

I can see how you would come to conclusion about the violence and i agree to a degree, I think there is a window just after disaster where people would be helping each other and i think that time could be capatalized to form peaceful groups. I thought about the whole getting some property far away but you have a house thats visible from miles away everyone is gonna flock to it and most people because they see in movies you have to leave in cities that will be there response so cities should be pretty abandoned.

top topics

join