It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 PAST 10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Not sure if this fits in this forum so I ask mods to please moove it if needed

Have you noticed that most of top clock brands advertising in magazines and in the media, always show up the same time arround 10:10h ?

Check these websites/Images:

ROLEX

LONGINES

TAG HEUER

TISSOT

RAYMOND WEIL

...and it goes on....

Now just look at this clock too:

i78.photobucket.com...

Just a coincidence ?

Any thoughts on this ?
edit on 12-5-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666
Have you noticed that most of top clock brands advertising in magazines and in the media, always show up the same time arround 10:10h ?

Its not a coincidence.
The explanation I heard DECADES ago was it is most similar to a smiley happy face expression, and somehow magically makes the customer more likely to buy aforesaid timepiece.

Edit - and for consistency, digital clocks are also advertised at that time.

edit on 12-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

clock and watch hands in advertisements are typically set at 10:10 so that the company's logo
will be well-displayed. In addition, this position of the hands resembles a smile. sort of haha

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Makes sense, but all the brands using it like an agreement it`s kind of strange. And the iluminati clock card also showing the same time at not so happy faces moment, makes us wonder.
edit on 12-5-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You'll hear the myth that it was the time that Abraham Lincoln was shot/killed, but this is not true. It's simply a psychological/marketing effect.
It (supposedly) resembles a "smiley face" thus a positive connotation with the watch... Seeing that most watch makers put their brand name right underneath the 12, the "v" shape focuses your attention on the brand name.

Whether the psychology behind it is true, I don't know, but most watch makers accept it as true, and has therefore accepted the "standard" for presenting a watch in and ad.

Edit: As the above posters also said...

edit on 12-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
the illuminati card is pointing to 11 not 10

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

I have been looking into this phenomenom, this is my my best guess. Also remeber how old this sign is and where it came from.
Think this is moore to it than a "happy face" turn it around and you have? wich is a symbol of? gday.

Real reason for 10.10

edit on 12-5-2011 by stavis because: edit for credit

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
My family used to own a clock store, and we set the clocks that we didn't wind (usually higher up ones that were hard to reach on a regular basis) at 10:10, or around that time. It just looks nicer that way. And displays the logo or brand name better.

Is my family part of this conspiracy? If so, COOL! Finally I'm on the inside of this global conspiracy. I'll have to let my family know.

EDIT: Noticed after posting this was my 666th post... maybe I am in on it!
edit on 12-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join