It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible geoglyph of the Thunderbird

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I live in Florida. Assuming this is where I think it is (a barrier island off Pass-a-Grille, in Tampa Bay) I know the local history. Bryd is correct. I grew up in this area, and believe it or not, we take our Native American history very seriously. I know of no Florida tribe that has ever mentioned a Thunderbird in their mythology, legends, nor history. The closest thing I can think of would be the Eagle, though again, Bryd is correct---the Native tribes here did not use geoglyphs.

A geoglyph in Florida would be rather pointless anyway, considering our terrain. Sand and swamps, think about that. We are not a dry, arid desert here, our water table and climate don't allow for anything like that to survive long. As amazing as it would be to have Florida's answer to Nazca lines, something like a good seasonal deluge, or a moderate hurricane simply would wipe it away.
Use logic, friend.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Fair enough. I'm am not from Florida nor do I know their native Indian history so I will bow out. I was just saying don't trust the "ivory tower" experts, especially when dealing with history. Always remember, he who wins the battle, writes the history....

new topics

<< 1   >>

join