It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear-based Terror Alerts to Become Mandatory On Cell Phones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It had to happen as many of us knew. Now, the Govt. will be able to send anything they want to your PRIVATE phone.

The ability to send out a message Nation Wide that could instill fear in the entire population within seconds...

Since nothing has happened on a National Scale since 9/11, Why is this necessary? What do they know or what are they planning?

New Yorkers soon to get emergency cell phone alerts in what Bloomberg calls 'quantum leap forward'

In addition to Amber Alerts and warnings of imminent doom from terrorists who hate us for our freedom, the system will send out “urgent blasts from the president,” according to the New York Daily News.

Read more:www.nydailynews.com...

Verizon and AT&T, the nation’s largest cell phone carriers, are already on board. Consumers would be able to opt out of all but those presidential messages

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A new national alert system is set to begin in New York City that will alert the public to emergencies via cell phones. It’s called the Personal Localized Alert Network or PLAN. Presidential and local emergency messages as well as Amber Alerts would appear on cell phones equipped with special chips and software.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

edit on 10-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh brother...Coming Soon: The Government wants to keep you up to date on all great things Obama is doing for America via a weekly text message!!! I think i just got one now...it says "US Navy Seals found out Hitler was still living in an underground bunker in Alaska. President Barrak Obama gave the order to fire the killing blow." PRAISE OBAMA!!!
S&F

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They wanna just lol and lmao and smh with everybody
Strange how a thread about how do you feel about being texted by govz about danger and then this. Majikz

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
When I heard about this this morning, I thought "This is going to be a good way to keep people afraid". Our news just mentioned it briefly, and in a very positive light. I understand how it could be a good thing, if there were some big event that everyone needed to know about, like the weather alerts that I have sent to my phone. However, since our media and government seem to like to fear monger, are they going to keep everyone so on edge that they are in a state of panic all the time? Fear is one of the best way to control people.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It's not going to bother me... I hardly look at my phone and most of the times I do... I delete messages. Never read them

Try again Big Bro!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vernaquesta
When I heard about this this morning, I thought "This is going to be a good way to keep people afraid". Our news just mentioned it briefly, and in a very positive light. I understand how it could be a good thing, if there were some big event that everyone needed to know about, like the weather alerts that I have sent to my phone. However, since our media and government seem to like to fear monger, are they going to keep everyone so on edge that they are in a state of panic all the time? Fear is one of the best way to control people.

I have a feeling this is the goal. Keep everyone afraid to the point of not even stepping outside their house anymore.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
US govt announces mobile phone alerts plan

The US government and local authorities will soon be able to reach people directly on their mobile phones to warn them of imminent danger or alert them about missing children - even in the middle of a widespread emergency that overloads communications systems, as happened after the September 11 attacks. The emergency alert system will be used only for critical national messages from the president, information in life-threatening situations and Amber Alerts meant to widen the search for missing or abducted youngsters, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced on Tuesday. He was accompanied by Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski and Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator Craig Fugate.

The globalist U.S. government through their Department of Gestapo Security is implementing the Orwellian high-tech police state tactics that would make Hitler salivate from his grave in hell.

Whenever you receive a text message from the dictatorship on your smartphone, regardless of what carrier you might be using (e.g. Verizon, AT&T, Boost, Optus, Telstra, 3 etc.), IGNORE IT.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

LOL

you can opt out of real emergency alerts
but kingoreo's latest brainfart/ fulminant doctrinal nonsense can't be shut off.

i'm sure there will be an app to disable it within a week of implementation

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by jude11

LOL

you can opt out of real emergency alerts
but kingoreo's latest brainfart/ fulminant doctrinal nonsense can't be shut off.

i'm sure there will be an app to disable it within a week of implementation

Yeah, that's the part I find most amusing.

You can opt out of a terror alert...but what Obama has to say is more important than even that!

Obama said he'd be transparent....and he is! Just not in the way he promised.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I thought it was bad enough having to hide from Brett Favre's text messages, now I have to worry about Obama's as well??? I've got to hit up Zach Morris for his Saved By the Bell cell phone from the 80s - try and text me now!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSearchX
I thought it was bad enough having to hide from Brett Favre's text messages, now I have to worry about Obama's as well??? I've got to hit up Zach Morris for his Saved By the Bell cell phone from the 80s - try and text me now!

Wait til you get a pic of Justin Bieber and Obama shaking hands force fed to your I-Phone.

lol

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hello, dystopian society.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If I had to deal with unbelievable bull# like this, i would immediately blacklist the number they use to spam/terrorize people.

If that`s not possible for some reason (If they make it unblockable), i would then cancel my GSM subscription (And make sure the service provider knows why i`m doing it).

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
so you would not want to know about any of the possible attacks www.dhs.gov... from the link

Biological Attacks

A biological attack is the intentional release of a pathogen (diseasecausing agent) or biotoxin (poisonous substance produced by a living organism) against humans, plants, or animals.

Read the Biological Attack Fact Sheet
Chemical Attacks

A chemical attack is the spreading of toxic chemicals with the intent to do harm.

Read the Chemical Attack Fact Sheet
IED Attacks

An improvised explosive device (IED) attack is the use of a "homemade" bomb and/or destructive device to destroy, incapacitate, harass, or distract. IEDs are used by criminals, vandals, terrorists, suicide bombers, and insurgents.

Read the IED Attack Fact Sheet
Nuclear Attacks

Unlike a "dirty bomb" which disperses radioactive material using conventional explosives, a nuclear attack is the use of a device that produces a nuclear explosion.

Read the Nuclear Attack Fact Sheet
Radiological Attacks

A radiological attack is the spreading of radioactive material with the intent to do harm.

Read the Radiological Attack Fact Sheet
if not be like me get ride of your cell phone you do know there are still home phones don't you?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just stopped working for a telecommunications company and they just installed a new service on home phone that calls in the event of dangers like...poison gasses.

Yep, Poison gasses was what it said, I was almost freaked out lol
Them chems are real!!

top topics

join